Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old August 14th, 2007, 10:24 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
That tower is amazing. The only problem is that I don't want to give up two 7 hexers. Plus I can't draw skillfully enough to make the cobblestone. But good work.
Our group has 4 sets of Volcaren Wasteland between us. So I sacrafice my set for these projects. We don't use lava boards often so . . .
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:43 PM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
Maybe I missed it, but I read through the tutorial a couple times and couldn't find where you got the cardboard tube from.

Oh and, awesome looking pieces!

I just got into heroscape, and hope to duplicate some of the awesome terrain and buildings I've seen on here. The customs really add a whole new dimension to the game.
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:46 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric.dunfee
Maybe I missed it, but I read through the tutorial a couple times and couldn't find where you got the cardboard tube from.

I just got into heroscape, and hope to duplicate some of the awesome terrain and buildings I've seen on here. The customs really add a whole new dimension to the game.

It looks like either a small oatmeal or snack cannister without the label.
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:56 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:

It looks like either a small oatmeal or snack cannister without the label.
BING! BING! BING! We have a winner!

Yes, it was an oatmeal container. And the best part is, it fit the underside of a 7 hex tile perfectly. I've been saving that container for about 6 months waiting for the right project to pop into my head.

I save all kinds of stuff from around the house for Heroscape. I drive my wife nuts . . . "hey honey, check this out. I could make a _____ out of this for Heroscape!" [wife] [wife].
Old August 15th, 2007, 11:49 AM

redic_rogue_07 has disabled reputation
Hay i know that look, my wife does that to.
Old August 15th, 2007, 12:32 PM

Hed_the_huge has disabled reputation
Nicely done!
Old August 15th, 2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hed_the_huge
Nicely done!
Hey Hed, thanks! Where ya been?
Old August 27th, 2007, 09:32 AM

Quick project: Old Wall
This took me about 3 hours total time to make. I purchased some green flower foam from Michael's and this is the first thing I made with it. Mostly is was a trial to see how I liked working with the foam. I was fun! Enjoy

Old August 27th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Quick project: Old Wall
This took me about 3 hours total time to make. I purchased some green flower foam from Michael's and this is the first thing I made with it. Mostly is was a trial to see how I liked working with the foam. I was fun! Enjoy

You've got some skill, RS! The old wall looks fantastic! Even the hex spaces are nice and old-looking! How did you make them?
Nice work!
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour

You've got some skill, RS! The old wall looks fantastic! Even the hex spaces are nice and old-looking! How did you make them?
Nice work!
Thanks HEH!

The hex spaces are made with some sheet foam I found at Michael's. IT is about 1/16 of an inch thick. I cut out the shapes for the paving stones, carved out the cracks with a pencil and then glued them down. Simple! I found my inspiration from Gidian's site.

I didn't do a tutorial on this project because I was just playing around with the new foam. I had no intention on making anything, so I didn't even pull out the camera.

I have some ideas for future projects with foam, so I'll do tutorials on those.
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:46 AM

eric.dunfee Woo who?
Very cool!

Isn't that the foam for making custom potted plants? If I remember correctly, it can't take much abuse. Did you do anything to reinforce the strength of the foam first?
Old August 27th, 2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Very cool!

Isn't that the foam for making custom potted plants? If I remember correctly, it can't take much abuse. Did you do anything to reinforce the strength of the foam first?
Yes. I soaked it with a glue/water mixture. I did this twice before I painted it. So there are four coats total: glue/water x2, paint (thick black base mixed with sand, then drybrushed), and then a coat of matte varnish.

If you press hard, it will give a bit. But then again, it is a ruined wall, and if it suffers a few bumbs a bruises, it probably won't show!

For future projects . . . I'm not sure what I can do short of what I did on this one for strength. So I think it will work. But time will tell . . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles