Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 22nd, 2010, 10:00 AM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: AliasQTip's Customs: Transformers

I appreciate you reading through all that, Fedex worker. It's a lot of material. Thanks for catching my typo too; I've fixed it.

I wanted the figures to be suped-up to about Marvel figure strength. Come to think of it, I guess I should include Marvel-esque "Super-Strength", shouldn't I?
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:55 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, these are all kind of bad ass! I have to get going, but initially, I like your start. The only thing that jumped out at me was Primes "Truck" move. It is a 7 and all of the the sports cars are 8. I would drop his move down by 1 and bump his defense up by 1. It would have the feel of a slow lumbering semi truck that is a beast to damage.

Other wise, awesome find and work!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 06:42 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for the suggestion winonavampire. I'll definitely consider the change. If you have any more suggestions let me know.

It was really hard trying to give all the characters strong motivations to transform. If one mode was far superior to the other who'd bother changing. I've done some playtesting and so far am pretty happy but if anyone sees flaws in the design, specifically in balancing both sides of the card, don't hold back from telling me. I can take constructive criticism.

And I still have no idea what price I'm going to put these guys at. Their base stats can give me a starting point, but they do so much; they're like two figures in one. The price is going to be outrageous. HELP!
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:12 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

I'm afraid the price is going to be outrageous. They are giant robots after all (regardless of figurine size!).

Prime - should his Rollout ability increase movement by 1? That would make more thematic sense to me.

240pts

Bumblebee - I miss the VW version.

160pts

Ironhide - low life but very high defense.

200pts

Sideswipe -
"Cybertanium Blades Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 3.
Instead of moving normally with Sideswipe, you may move Sideswipe up to 4 spaces. Sideswipe can attack up to 3 times with Cybertanium Blades Special Attack at any point, before, during, or after this move as long as Sideswipe is on a space where he could end his movement. Sideswipe cannon attack the same figure more that once on a single turn."

This says to me he gets to attack normally after using this special attack. Forgive me if not being able to attack normally after using a special attack is a given, but the way it's worded here leaves it open. Last sentence: cannon = can?

220pts

The Fallen - teleportation, stealth flying, base attack of 5... very expensive.

260pts

Megatron - here's one where I really don't see the point of transforming out of tank mode.

240 points

Starscream - move while in plane mode should be bigger (10 - 12) and attack should be higher. None of the autobot vehicles are primarily designed for war, but Starscream is, and all the autobot vehicles have better attacks.

140 points

Blackout - To make his vehicle form more appealing I say reduce his robot range to 1. As it is I would keep him in robot form unless I had to move somewhere quickly.

200pts

I also predict the Decepticons would tear the autobots a new one during playtesting.

Just feedback, feel free to ignore.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old August 24th, 2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnRedChops View Post
I'm afraid the price is going to be outrageous.
I kinda figured.

Quote:
Prime - should his Rollout ability increase movement by 1? That would make more thematic sense to me. - 240pts
A movement bonus didn't really apeal to me. Who needs an added movement bonus when many figures already can move 7+.

Quote:
Sideswipe - "Cybertanium Blades Special Attack"

This says to me he gets to attack normally after using this special attack. Forgive me if not being able to attack normally after using a special attack is a given, but the way it's worded here leaves it open. Last sentence: cannon = can? - 220pts
Nope. Special attacks replace normal attack unless otherwise stated. His special is a slight modification of Kumiko's Ninjitsu Barrage Special Attack. (Almost the exact same wording, except for the misspelling).

Quote:
The Fallen - 260pts
He didn't have a lot going for him thematically, so I tried to make up for it.

Quote:
Megatron - here's one where I really don't see the point of transforming out of tank mode. - 240 points
Yeah, I tried to make his robot mode more appealing with Engagement Strike and his Strategic Command.

Quote:
Starscream - move while in plane mode should be bigger (10 - 12) and attack should be higher. None of the autobot vehicles are primarily designed for war, but Starscream is, and all the autobot vehicles have better attacks. - 140 points
Greater than 9 or 10 is extremely fast for any figure. Upping his attack is probably a good idea. I can't remember why it was so low.

Quote:
Blackout - To make his vehicle form more appealing I say reduce his robot range to 1. As it is I would keep him in robot form unless I had to move somewhere quickly. - 200pts
It's a good suggestion but I really wanted him to have a "gun" in robot mode. I'll think about it.

Quote:
I also predict the Decepticons would tear the autobots a new one during playtesting.
CRC
Why would I ignore it? I appreciate all the feedback. I want to get these stats just right before I go and make the custom cards. Thanks for the pricing suggestions too. They're all about in the range that I was predicting. Thanks, CapnRedChops.
Old August 24th, 2010, 08:11 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Prime - should his Rollout ability increase movement by 1? That would make more thematic sense to me. - 240pts
A movement bonus didn't really apeal to me. Who needs an added movement bonus when many figures already can move 7+.
It's your call, bro! But see Starscream below for a reason why +1 move could be a good idea.

Quote:
Quote:

This says to me he gets to attack normally after using this special attack. Forgive me if not being able to attack normally after using a special attack is a given, but the way it's worded here leaves it open. Last sentence: cannon = can? - 220pts
Nope. Special attacks replace normal attack unless otherwise stated. His special is a slight modification of Kumiko's Ninjitsu Barrage Special Attack. (Almost the exact same wording, except for the misspelling).
OK, my bad.

Quote:
Quote:
Megatron - here's one where I really don't see the point of transforming out of tank mode. - 240 points
Yeah, I tried to make his robot mode more appealing with Engagement Strike and his Strategic Command.
Yeah I can see what you're trying to do here, but I for one wouldn't even nibble at the bait when I've got the tank option. All the stats apart from move are at least as good in tank form, and he's tough and has the fusion cannon... it's not a matter of the robot form being unappealing, it's a matter of the tank being way too appealing to pass up.
If you really want both the robot and the tank to be viable then... I hate to say this... I think you're going to have to tone down the tank.

Quote:
Quote:
Starscream - move while in plane mode should be bigger (10 - 12) and attack should be higher. None of the autobot vehicles are primarily designed for war, but Starscream is, and all the autobot vehicles have better attacks. - 140 points
Greater than 9 or 10 is extremely fast for any figure. Upping his attack is probably a good idea. I can't remember why it was so low.
Last time I checked Jet planes were extremely fast.

Another idea for Starscream:
In plane mode, make his defense 3, and include the following special power:

Space to Dogfight
If Starscream is attacked normally from a non-adjacent figure, and one die to his defense. If Starscream is attacked normally from an adjacent figure, subtract 2 dice from his defense.

(The first to symbolise increased defensive options at range, the second to symbolise the weakness of planes on the ground - This power also makes increasing his move number more viable. Yeah, I know the name sucks, I struggled with it for a while too...)

Quote:
Quote:
Blackout - To make his vehicle form more appealing I say reduce his robot range to 1. As it is I would keep him in robot form unless I had to move somewhere quickly. - 200pts
It's a good suggestion but I really wanted him to have a "gun" in robot mode. I'll think about it.
Perhaps a compromise - make the robot range 3? That would make the use of both forms more viable.

Quote:
Quote:
CRC
Why would I ignore it? I appreciate all the feedback. I want to get these stats just right before I go and make the custom cards. Thanks for the pricing suggestions too. They're all about in the range that I was predicting. Thanks, CapnRedChops.
Well, to answer your question above, you have the right to use it or ignore it, it's your baby. You might be offended by my suggestions - in which case you should ignore them.

Anyhoo I can see from your response none of that is an issue.

CRC

Old August 24th, 2010, 10:37 PM

Still unsure about Prime.

Let's tone down Megatron's tank to Attack 3, Defense 2, keep the Tough. That will make pulling off the Fusion Cannon attack a little harder.

Starscream:
Robot Mode Attack down to 2. Vehicle Mode Attack up to 3 and move up to 10 but no further.

Blackout:
That's exactly what I was thinking. Robot Mode Range now equals 3.

Thanks for all your help, CapnRedChops. I'll post corrected stats sometime tomorrow.
Old August 25th, 2010, 04:50 PM

Okay, as promised, here's the updated stats for all the Transformers. I've included tentative pricing. I'm not sure how much this will change during playtesting. As I mentioned before, I kinda wanted them to be a game unto themselves. I don't know how much mixing I'll do. I could pit each robot against a small army of the same points and figure out who comes out on top more often. Oh, did I mention? It worked out to be exactly 800-points per team. Again, if you find any problems let me know. Here are the stats:

Autobots

Optimus Prime
Spoiler Alert!

Bumblebee
Spoiler Alert!

Iron Hide
Spoiler Alert!

Sideswipe
Spoiler Alert!

Decepticons

The Fallen
Spoiler Alert!

Megatron
Spoiler Alert!

Starscream
Spoiler Alert!

Blackout
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 26th, 2010, 03:09 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

OK, I guess this is way far away in the past for discussion... but it would be thematic to have the cyberclaw be a prototype too. Kinda like Dupuis's tactical disengage?
Old August 26th, 2010, 03:57 PM

Well, you see, Cyberclaw was already being used in gladiatorial games long before Major Q1 was created. However, it was later improved upon in the X-Series Soulborgs. So in a way, Major Q1's Cyberclaw is a prototype.

As a side note, Major Q1 made a cameo appearance in my Holochamber Battlefield fulfilling his role as Virtual Battlefield Programmer for Vydar's virtual-reality soldier training program.

Now, how about Transformers? You like Transformers? They're cool, right?
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

OK, my bad.
I read Kumiko's card the other day and it says "Instead of moving and attacking normally..." whereas Sideswipe's card says "Instead of moving normally..."

Juuuust letting you know.

CRC

Old August 29th, 2010, 08:50 PM

Okay, you win CRC. I still think the "and attacking" wording is a little unnecessary.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards