Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 15th, 2006, 07:15 PM

headcold has disabled reputation
Mage Knight

Hi everyone. My first post.

I will be buying the castle as soon as I can. In the meantime, I've seen a Mage Knight keep that looked pretty cool. The doors alone look like the doors to some ancient vault (scenerio idea!). I was wondering if anyone has combined Mage Knight stuff and whether they ran into any problems. I'd hate to get a different keep for variety and then not be able to put archers up on the battlements.

Great site.
-adam
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
I've seen several people use the Mageknight castle pieces in their Heroscape maps. The pieces work well fitting on the map in terms of size. Though they obviously don't sit perfectly on the hexes.

Figuring out movement will need to determined, as well, seeing as how both the Heroscape system and the Mageknight system deal with moving figures on the board/map differently. There are no hexes on top of the MK tower or keep, as I'm sure you're aware. But again, if you're cool with using house rules to get around this, you should be fine.

Myself personally, as cool as the MK sets looked, I stayed away from them when I realized I'd have to deviate slightly from the HS rules to make the pieces work in my games. However, if you're okay with this, as are the people you'll be playing with, then purchase the keep. It is a nice looking piece, and the scale works very well with Heroscape miniatures.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:20 PM

scaper dude has disabled reputation
Welcome headcold.

Old August 16th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the site, headcold. Here are some pictures of the MK castle in action in the exciting Attack of the Robots story (yeah, shameless plug. )

As you can see the pieces don't fit perfectly on the HS terrain but with a little fudging they work great and do look very cool.

Newb.
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:36 PM

spleek has disabled reputation
You might want to secure the castle down on the tiles with some plasti-tack so it doesnt get scooted any during gameplay.

IDK how open the inside of the MK castle/keep is, could you build the hexes through it and still have room to move through?
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:39 PM

spleek has disabled reputation
Nice scenario Newb!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion