Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 28th, 2011, 09:41 PM

Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker Robotunit197 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Knights of Weston

$10 would be on the lower spectrum for Knights. I would go for it.
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:59 PM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotunit197 View Post
$10 would be on the lower spectrum for Knights. I would go for it.
Yes! Pull the trigger and get some fancy-pants knights!

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old April 28th, 2011, 10:04 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

The Knights of Weston are the bread-and-butter of a lot of armies and are quite a valuable screen for ranged Units. In one game I played the Knights' 4 defense wouldn't budge and they stood in the way of 10th Reg. units who were mowing down all my guys. The Knights are slow but don't need to be mobile to be effective.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old April 29th, 2011, 02:53 PM

anagrams_are_just_grams Woo who?

I can't thin of a better melee squad, loads of bonding options high stats for point cost, 4 man, and valiant is icing on the top
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:20 PM

mupton0916 Woo who?

I just recently picked up two sets of these and I REALLY like them. My friends and I played three games the other night (500 points) and I used them in two of the games. I won both, the last one pretty easily.

Of course, without Gilbert they'd be far less effective, but with him they're a really cheap all-purpose squad. They can screen, hold glyphs, keep lumbering heroes trapped (I surrounded Charros in game two), and still throw good attacks on enemies who assume they're just protecting range. They even move deceptively quickly with Gilbert, especially when they go in and out of the water in one turn.

They've moved up with the Phantom Knights and dwarves as my favorite melee units.
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:47 PM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

@mupton0916, welcome to the site, how much did you get two sets of KoW for? I've been looking for 2 squads of them to be around $30-40 max, but haven't found anything close yet.

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:33 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerScaper97 View Post
@mupton0916, welcome to the site, how much did you get two sets of KoW for? I've been looking for 2 squads of them to be around $30-40 max, but haven't found anything close yet.
This past week I picked up a set of two Knights plus an extra Sir Dendrick on eBay for $44 shipping included. So I suppose it would be possible to find two sets of knights for $40.
Old June 27th, 2011, 08:24 PM

mupton0916 Woo who?

I watched Ebay for a few weeks and eventually got the sets for $10.50 each (plus S&H) from two different sellers. That's lower end, of course, but you can get them for that if you're patient.
Old June 24th, 2012, 12:38 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart

I'm kind of new to heroscape, but I just want someone to give me an example of A Coward's Reward because I don't fully understand what it means.
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan837 View Post
I'm kind of new to heroscape, but I just want someone to give me an example of A Coward's Reward because I don't fully understand what it means.
Welcome to the site! A cowards reward allows the rolling of two dice against which the opponent cannot roll defense, triggered by an opponents figure disengaging, or moving away from adjacentcy to an opponent. In other words, you roll an extra die for a leaving engagement attack .
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:36 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

Welcome to the site Buckeyefan837!

Black Charos's description of a coward's reward is dead on.
And i'll have someone add you to the Ohio Scapers group, Lefton4ya has been controlling the thread for a long time but i'm not sure who assumed the role of controlling the thread now in his absence. (Link to Ohio Scapers below)

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=31648

Welcome again and happy scaping.

Wright State Raider since 2014.
Trade List 8/15/14
Sculpt Polls!
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:44 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenEnvy View Post
This past week I picked up a set of two Knights plus an extra Sir Dendrick on eBay for $44 shipping included. So I suppose it would be possible to find two sets of knights for $40.
Muhahahahaha!

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units