Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old March 18th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HEROIC ENCOUNTERS - PDF Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Like how far is a standard move in inches, in comparison to like a move of 5?
Did I as this before because I am getting a dejavu vibe?
I actually created a customized ruler that approximately matches the distance of hex movement in Heroscape.

However, we've found a couple of rules tweaks to work pretty well when converting to inches:

Figures are allowed to do a second move (they still cannot use a move power more than once) instead of attack.

And the range is doubled. So Range 4 = 8 inches.
Old March 18th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 04:50 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I wasn't sure how I missed this until I saw all the dates...they all coincide with times I was away from the site due to my car accident or my family issues. We've been discussing hexless heroscape for a while so I'm very interested in reading about this.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 05:16 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I wasn't sure how I missed this until I saw all the dates...they all coincide with times I was away from the site due to my car accident or my family issues. We've been discussing hexless heroscape for a while so I'm very interested in reading about this.
I have an updated ruleset now that my group plays with that I may just post one of these days. But borrow whatever concepts you like ... With the specialized rulers, one can simply convert heroscape straight over to a hexless table. Even when my group plays vanilla scape or C3G, we don't use the hexes anymore--it's just so much easier to let your imagination go and design terrain, imo.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 05:54 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
I have an updated ruleset now that my group plays with that I may just post one of these days. But borrow whatever concepts you like ... With the specialized rulers, one can simply convert heroscape straight over to a hexless table. Even when my group plays vanilla scape or C3G, we don't use the hexes anymore--it's just so much easier to let your imagination go and design terrain, imo.
Yeah our hangup seems to be changes in elevation. Like it's fine for climbing onto something but how do we gauge slopes and hillsides in a non blockable scape. Building a hill out of stackable hexes is easy to count a change since it's just a series of steps. But in a hexless smooth slope there are no steps. I'm probably overthinking it and figure any smooth slope should just be ignored and only climbing on or over things should matter.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 08:26 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Awesome. I totally agree here. I have a whole thread about hexless heroscape. Its much more enjoyable to just build whatever terrain you want and use it instead of trying to make everything fit on hexes. I have custom measuring sticks as well. The really cool possibility here is making massive figures and vehicles that dont have to fit on a peanut. I may have to try this out. When time permits.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 3rd, 2019, 10:17 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah our hangup seems to be changes in elevation. Like it's fine for climbing onto something but how do we gauge slopes and hillsides in a non blockable scape. Building a hill out of stackable hexes is easy to count a change since it's just a series of steps. But in a hexless smooth slope there are no steps. I'm probably overthinking it and figure any smooth slope should just be ignored and only climbing on or over things should matter.
It can get a little difficult sometimes. Most other miniatures games simply call it difficult terrain, which doubles the cost of movement ... essentially the same as a Heroscape hill that is sloped ... costs two to move up one elevation.

So to make that match Heroscape movement, I'd perhaps agree w/ my opponent that the slope is difficult terrain while moving up but not while moving down (for the purpose of mimicking Heroscape movement).
Old August 3rd, 2019, 10:23 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Awesome. I totally agree here. I have a whole thread about hexless heroscape. Its much more enjoyable to just build whatever terrain you want and use it instead of trying to make everything fit on hexes. I have custom measuring sticks as well. The really cool possibility here is making massive figures and vehicles that dont have to fit on a peanut. I may have to try this out. When time permits.
Yeah your thread and the other miniature thread for me on this path. It really took off when my son and I built a game table with a metal top for Gaslands and started thinking how cool it was to have all the freedom.

Old August 4th, 2019, 01:47 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah your thread and the other miniature thread for me on this path. It really took off when my son and I built a game table with a metal top for Gaslands and started thinking how cool it was to have all the freedom.
Back years ago I built tons of terrain pieces big and small that fit perfectly on hexes. It wasnt simple and it took the fun out of it having to measure so much stuff just to get it to fit right. Then after building it, it wasnt a pretty as it could be because it had that uniform hex like shape to it, especially when it came to big buildings. The freedom of the open board is super cool.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 7th, 2019, 12:56 AM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Personally, I was really hesitant to make the switch at first. But since doing it, I haven't looked back. There's more terrain compatibility between games and my group can still play C3G or general Heroscape just as easily without hexes as we do with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations