Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 21st, 2018, 06:14 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Kitana (Breathing)

Honestly, is Assassin even the best class here? Assassin synergy is pretty uniformly villainous. Would something like Ambassador be better? (I know, pushing her even more into Guardians builds, but still...)

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 21st, 2018, 06:20 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

If we didn't go Assassin we'd just go Princess.
Old May 21st, 2018, 06:20 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Shame... I quite liked the idea of an Ambassador.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 21st, 2018, 07:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Doing some research on her as I don't know the character at all. Art choices should be an interesting discussion. Here are a few things I found out that might help.

Fan Lift: Kitana uses her fans to make the opponent levitate helplessly in the air. This attack is served as both an anti-air attack and a set-up for juggle combos, and the effectiveness of the move has decreased significantly in each game since Mortal Kombat II.

Anti-air attack is what jumped out at me. Some kind of bonus or other impact vs. figures with the flying special power could be cool since there are so many of them.

Comic books

Kitana appears as a secondary character during the Malibu Comics series. Her story is slightly altered: she is still princess of Edenia and daughter of Jerrod and Sindel, though she was already grown up when Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung killed Jerrod and seized the realm. Kitana is also under a spell induced by Shao Kahn that makes her forget her past life and believe she's Shao Kahn's daughter. She first appeared during the Goro: Prince of Pain miniseries, leading a group comprised of Mileena, Baraka, and Reptile and is ordered by Shang Tsung to seek Goro in Outworld after his mysterious disappearance.

During the Battlewave series, Kitana starts to rebel against Shao Kahn (though if she has restored her true memories is never stated) and forms an alliance with Kung Lao, Baraka and Sub-Zero to do so. Most of her appearance during the first issues have her making plans to foil Shao Kahn's new army of undead warriors led by Scorpion.

Sounds like Rebel could be a good class for her if you wanted to get away from the Assassin Synergy web. There are a few other Rebels already so it could eventually have some synergy somewhere, more so than Princess would. Personally though, whether she turns good later or not if she's an assassin I think that is what she should be. Elektra is an assassin who has switched sides a few times to pair up with Daredevil. Gamora is an assassin who turned to the side of good. Actually Gamora might actually keep her out of the Star-Lord/Cap builds since Gamora is pretty darn awesome.
Old May 21st, 2018, 07:17 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

One change that could be made is to take inspiration from Karai and have Kitana's first attack need to be adjacent in order to open up the 2nd attack. Which would certainly make sense from a combo perspective, as her combos start as melee strikes then open up to a potential fan throw or melee finisher. That should help bring her down just a tad, and her ability to leave engagements easily should keep that pretty simple for her to achieve.
Quote:
NIMBLE COMBAT
Kitana may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and may attack with her normal attack at any point before, during, or after her normal move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement.

STEEL FAN ASSAULT
After Kitana attacks an adjacent figure, she may attack one additional time. If Kitana inflicts at least one wound with her normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.
Still struggling with what to do to represent her Fan Lift. It's used in the game as both offensively to make it so her opponent can't move and setup a free hit(like most characters have), as well as defensively she can use it when her opponent rushes in and she can counter them quick enough. However, an argument could be made that her Steel Fan Assault already has the offensive properties baked in enough, as it's just there for the combo, so defensive is the currently missed aspect.
Quote:
FAN LIFT
If a figure engages Kitana, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, that figure receives one wound and may not move for the remainder of their turn.
When an opponent engages her, she can potentially kill them before they get to attack her. Additionally, she can try to take the front lines to stop them from reaching an OM hub or booster, by cutting their movement. Then, on her turn, she can melee strike, then move away for a 2nd attack from range, allowing for re-engagement opportunity on their turn. Rinse and repeat.

Since Defensive Arts is dropped, a defense bump up to 5 should suffice.
Old May 21st, 2018, 09:30 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

One thing I did want to go on record with is that I have less issues with which thematic synergies these guys fit into since...well...they have a pretty small universe. So if they fit in justifiably acceptable existing cross world webs, I'm fine with it. It's not like having an Iron Man that works better in a Justice League Build than an Avengers build. There will be a few figures here that will work together like they should but the rest fit where they fit.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 21st, 2018, 09:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
However, an argument could be made that her Steel Fan Assault already has the offensive properties baked in enough, as it's just there for the combo, so defensive is the currently missed aspect.
Quote:
FAN LIFT
If a figure engages Kitana, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, that figure receives one wound and may not move for the remainder of their turn.
When an opponent engages her, she can potentially kill them before they get to attack her. Additionally, she can try to take the front lines to stop them from reaching an OM hub or booster, by cutting their movement. Then, on her turn, she can melee strike, then move away for a 2nd attack from range, allowing for re-engagement opportunity on their turn. Rinse and repeat.

Since Defensive Arts is dropped, a defense bump up to 5 should suffice.

What if instead of stopping the movement you could push them back 2 spaces. Then it could be used to keep an opponent off her and have them set up for her to attack on the next OM with them in a disadvantaged spot.

FAN LIFT 13
If an opponent's small or medium figure moves adjacent to Kitana, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the opponent's figure receives one wound and you may place that figure 2 spaces from. Figures may be targeted only as they move into engagement with Kitana.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 12:36 AM

I’d be fine with that approach as well.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 07:44 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Kitana(185), Cap (240), Winter Soldier(240), Hand Ninja x4 (340)[1005]

I had Bucky in there at first and then realized no double Bucky.

Still a fun little army. Probably need to drop some Ninja for another Assassin but I figure Cap will draw decent attention and hopefully Winter Soldier will go in and out of Cryo at least once.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 02:50 PM

Her being able to wound and move them away may be a bit much though, thinking about it more. I see her topping out at 195 points wise, so I wouldn't want anything that makes her too good defensively.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 06:30 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Her being able to wound and move them away may be a bit much though, thinking about it more. I see her topping out at 195 points wise, so I wouldn't want anything that makes her too good defensively.

Fair enough...I was just tossing ideas out as they popped in so I didn't give it a ton of thought.

Old May 23rd, 2018, 12:31 AM

I propose a vote to move to Initial Playtesting.
@Ronin
@Yodaking
@Tornado
@SirGalahad
@Spidey'tilIDie
@johnny139
@japes

@dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer
Any concerns here? Testing suggestions?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library