Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:57 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Holocron of FX-7 (Public Design)

Going off of YK's statement above...

Quote:
FX-7
Independent

Droid
Uncommon Hero
Medical
Precise
MEDIUM 5

Life 3
Move 0
Range 1
Attack 0
Defense 2
Points ???

FORWARD POSITIONING
FX-7 does not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, place this FX-7 anywhere on the battlefield.

NAME OF POWER
After revealing an Order Marker on any Army Card you control, you may remove one wound from a Unique Hero you control adjacent to this FX-7.
This actually kinda keeps the bonding with Medics because you can reveal an OM on a Medic, heal a friendly Hero adjacent to the FX-7, and then move the Medic to heal the same (or another) Hero.

EDIT: I think we should make a draftable and DO version of this figure.

Last edited by Sheep; May 2nd, 2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
I remember these guys from Battlefront! They're definitely immobile. Could the name be "FX-7 Medical Droid"? Just FX-7 is a little bland.

I'd prefer these things be Destructible Objects, like the Bacta Tank (spoiler alert ). Obviously that would require some pretty major changes to the design, but you could do something like: "at the end of every round, roll the d20 for all unengaged wounded figures adjacent to at least one FX-7 Medical Droid. On a roll of 11+, remove one wound marker from that figures card."

If we want to make them draftable, then I think it looks good if move is dropped to 0.
I like your end of round d20 roll idea, then you don't have to put OMs on it. Both sides can Jockey throughout the round for positioning next to one of them. A Jedi can force push an opponent away from one and I'm sure we will have other units that can move figures. I think you could still make them draftable by an army, just have a modifier to the D20 roll for the owners figures. Plus the owner decides where to place them on the map (via HS2010 Forward Positioning Power). You would try to find a place close enough to the action to be easy access for your figures but still in a place where you could limit your opponents access to it. Disengage units would be able to access enemy FX-7 droids more often, giving them a nice boost. Still create some kind of synergy with medical droids and medic/healer non-droids.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:32 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

What about this:

Quote:
NAME OF POWER
After revealing an Order Marker on any Army Card you control, you must remove one wound from a Unique Hero adjacent to this FX-7 that is not a Droid, Vehicle, or Weapon, if possible.
Now, you have to be careful where you place this because your opponent could also use it. It also makes it interesting for the opponent because you may not want to destroy it immediately.

I could see adding in a d20 roll, but that's the jist of what I think it should be...

Last edited by Sheep; May 2nd, 2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:48 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

FX-7
Independent

Droid
Uncommon Hero
Medical
Precise
MEDIUM 5

Life 3?
Move 0
Range 1
Attack 0
Defense 2/3?
Points ???

FORWARD POSITIONING
FX-7 does not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of the game, before rolling for initiative, place this FX-7 anywhere on the battlefield.

NAME OF POWER
After revealing an Order Marker on any Army Card you control, you must remove one wound from a Unique Hero adjacent to this FX-7 that is not a Droid, Vehicle, or Weapon, if possible.

So is this what we're looking at? I also googled FX-7 Star Wars Miniatures. Not much luck there.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:58 PM

You have to search Medical Droid.

I like 3 life, 2 defense because it should be easy to destroy should the opponent want to destroy it.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, make it easy for even a 1 attack squad to destroy. The thing is if you make it so it heals both sides you might not want to destroy it as long as you still have any heroes on the board.

I'd like to keep hearing some ideas.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:29 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

I know no ones knows me, but I'm hoping to be able to start some play testing now that I actually have some on the mini's to use, so hopefully I can be helpful to the conversation.

I do like the direction this is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I think we should make a draftable and DO version of this figure.
I like this idea a lot, either as two separate cards and you have to pick one to use each game, or as two separate units using the same mini.

Though thinking about it now, I'm not sure what the difference would be between DO and draftable? Are DO's no draftable?

Is one person in charge of making this unit, or is it an overall group effort?
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Welcome to the HoSS experience!! You are encouraged to contribute your thoughts Crazy! This is a public design. Heroscaper Guy is the Lead Designer, so he will kind of guide it along the path and often make final decisions on things. It must pass a vote by the Jedi Council to advance each step of the process though, so building a consensus is key.

A Destructible Object is not draftable and has no point cost associated with it. It is just incorporated into the map, usually by the map maker, and can then be used by anyone. By having it a draftable figure, someone has to pay a point cost to have it on the board but then they get control over where it gets set up. Also then only they can place OMs on the card or bond/share synergy with it, unless directed otherwise by a special power.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Yeah, make it easy for even a 1 attack squad to destroy. The thing is if you make it so it heals both sides you might not want to destroy it as long as you still have any heroes on the board.

I'd like to keep hearing some ideas.
Exactly the idea. But the rebels could maybe start to fall back and they could destroy it themselves if they don't want Vader to get healed.
Old May 4th, 2014, 10:32 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

What if the placement power is kinda like The Drop, but without the d20? At the beginning of each round, you have the option of placing an FX-7.
Old May 4th, 2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
What if the placement power is kinda like The Drop, but without the d20? At the beginning of each round, you have the option of placing an FX-7.
Placing it before game seems more risky... If you can place it at the beginning of whatever round, it'll always be placed to your advantage.

Not saying I'm against it, but it seems like it could more easily shift the middle of a game than if you had to place it in one spot before hand and you'd have to make sure you maneuvered your units that way to get usage out of it.
Old May 4th, 2014, 11:51 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

I have two thoughts for placement

A. This unit starts the game on it's army card, at the start of each round (prior to placing order markers) you may place this unit adjacent to one of your engaged unique heros.

Then, healing occurs when any non-droid unique hero (you or opponent) reveals an order marker.

B. This unit starts the game on it's army card, at the start of each round prior to order markers this unit may be placed within X clear sights spaces on an opponents figure.

Healing is the same or whatever is decided on.

The second option is more forgiving, but both have the same idea of the healer being a front line unit that (maybe?) could be used by your opponent it they over take your position.

You could instead maybe reveal an x order marker on a unique hero to place FX-7 adjacent to that hero?

Just thoughts I had about it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape