Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 14th, 2009, 03:29 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
FREAKING @$$!!!!!

Damn, that sucks. Now I'm left to hang this whole season on the Cowboys?!?! I guess this gets one heartbreak out of the way early in the year. I'll just wait till December for the 'Boys to crush the rest of my dreams.
No doubt he's a big piece of the team, but the season can't be completely lost... can it? I guess this means you feel a little of the pain New England fans went thought last season in game one. Not that anyone's heart bled for us...
Well, he is a huge piece of our defense and we don't have a Matt Cassel to fill in. Urlacher's backup will manage, but it simply won't be the same without him. I just doN'T see the Bears doing much without him. We can still go 8-8 or 9-7, but we won't be winning the North without him.

Oh well, injuries happen to everyone.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; September 14th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old September 14th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
FREAKING @$$!!!!!

Damn, that sucks. Now I'm left to hang this whole season on the Cowboys?!?! I guess this gets one heartbreak out of the way early in the year. I'll just wait till December for the 'Boys to crush the rest of my dreams.
No doubt he's a big piece of the team, but the season can't be completely lost... can it? I guess this means you feel a little of the pain New England fans went thought last season in game one. Not that anyone's heart bled for us...
Well, he is a huge piece of our defense and we don't have a Matt Cassel to fill in. Urlacher's backup will manage, but it simply won't be the same without him. I just do see the Bears doing much without him. We can still go 8-8 or 9-7, but we won't be winning the North without him.

Oh well, injuries happen to everyone.

That's a bummer, but I wouldn't count the Bears out just yet. They've still got enough talent to get the job done. Give Cutler more time with those recievers and you'll be seeing more of Hester streaking towards the goal line.

I'm biased, I have Hester on my fantasy team, who I didn't start for some stupid reason!!!!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:29 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang View Post

Abomination, yes, I liked the aggressiveness by the Packers rush - very cool stuff. I'm not willing to give the Packers any real credit for the interceptions in the sense that it was Cutler who GAVE them the interceptions rather than them taking the Interceptions (or causing them like Baltimore is known to do). But all the other defensive stuff they did was very good.
I disagree somewhat on the statement that he gave the interceptions to the Packers. There were a few very nice interceptions, made by the defense. For instance, the 'Jolly' interception.

Oh, and it didn't seem like Favre did much in the game, it was mostly Peterson. He looks to be a very solid, fast runningback. I look forward to the two teams meeting.
This has been the Vikings game plan from the beginning or at least it should be. The team already has the best running back in the NFL, we just needed a quarterback that would stop opposing defenses from putting nine guys in the box. Farve does that, even when he only throws for 110 yards, he's a threat to do more. And that threat is going to have Peterson slaughtering opposing defenses all year long.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
The Bengals are going down! Go Denver!
Bengals 24 Denver 10
Was there a worse game on Sunday?
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I have a feeling that Aaron Rogers is going to have a breakout season.
Uhm? Wasn't Rogers break out season last year? 93.8 Passing rating, 4038 yards, 28 TDs...

How do you "break out" from a season that prolific?
Agreed. He had a very good season on paper, but the Packers were 6 - 10 (I think). I think Aaron Rogers will emerge as one of the top three quarterbacks in the NFL this year.
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:34 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabbie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
The Bengals are going down! Go Denver!
Bengals 24 Denver 10
Was there a worse game on Sunday?
No, there wasn't. Carson Palmer really, really let down my fantasy team. I was going to start Flacco against KC, but then I said "Wait, Denver sucks really bad on defense too, and Palmer has more weapons." Oops.

The end of that game was pretty cool, though.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
I put a lot of the blame for the Bear's loss on their wide receivers.
"Chicago...where wide recievers go to die." ~Muhsin Muhammed
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've just begun to watch the games online at Nfl.com, so if the Pack get a really awesome play, expect me to be in really quick to gloat.

Looks like the Pack have a pretty tough season ahead, what with the Ravens, Steelers, etc. to go against. I'm guessing that we'll get a 9-7 or 10-6 season. Of course, I always expect the worst during a football game. Ah, I love this time of year.
Old September 14th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Rumor has it that Derrick Brooks is about to sign for Chicago. That's a nice veteran LB to fill in.
Old September 14th, 2009, 05:28 PM

Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker Sir Cumference knows what's in an order marker

I have to admit, the best interception of the day came from none other than "Big-Bellied" (Al Michaels for you) Johnny Jolly last night. A one handed pick by a defensive lineman? That's just skill right there. While I'm a fan of a different team in the NFC North, the Vikings, Jolly still deserves some credit.

Other top plays for the weekend:
2) Brandon Stokely. If you're only going to make one catch in the game, a game-winning TD with 11 seconds left isn't a bad one.
3) Whoever that Redskins punter is. Fake field goal attempt and he ran it in from 8 yards out. Anytime a punter scores, it's cool. Unfortunately for them, not cool enough for a 'Skins win.
4) Adrian Peterson. I have to love a 64-yard TD play with a good spin move, juke, stiff arm, and sprint all in one play. That's some serious Madden Skills right there.
5) Drew Brees. I don't have an actual play here. But he did good, with a crapload of yards and touchdowns. Careful here, he did only play the Lions.

If you missed plays 1, 2, and 4, they're worth finding somewhere to watch.

Tonight I foresee a victory by the Chargers and Patriots.

Sir Cumference is Favre Kirby in the....
Virtual Cave

(see avatar)
Old September 14th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, I don't mean to take away from Jolly's interception, it was extremely acrobatic - diving and good hands are impressive things for a lineman of his size.
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:00 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cumference View Post
I have to admit, the best interception of the day came from none other than "Big-Bellied" (Al Michaels for you) Johnny Jolly last night. A one handed pick by a defensive lineman? That's just skill right there. While I'm a fan of a different team in the NFC North, the Vikings, Jolly still deserves some credit.

Other top plays for the weekend:
2) Brandon Stokely. If you're only going to make one catch in the game, a game-winning TD with 11 seconds left isn't a bad one.
3) Whoever that Redskins punter is. Fake field goal attempt and he ran it in from 8 yards out. Anytime a punter scores, it's cool. Unfortunately for them, not cool enough for a 'Skins win.
4) Adrian Peterson. I have to love a 64-yard TD play with a good spin move, juke, stiff arm, and sprint all in one play. That's some serious Madden Skills right there.
5) Drew Brees. I don't have an actual play here. But he did good, with a crapload of yards and touchdowns. Careful here, he did only play the Lions.

If you missed plays 1, 2, and 4, they're worth finding somewhere to watch.

Tonight I foresee a victory by the Chargers and Patriots.

That was Hunter Smith (didn't even have to look it up). He was the Colts former punter.

That play caught me off guard.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV