Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old July 19th, 2009, 05:06 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: DFW Wacky Summer Tournament - Updates, first page

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
The Keyholes of Wolf Swamp Road Download by Kahrma. This one has had a remake by DrLivingston to make it easier for units to access. I believe he added some height and ladders to make bridge access easier (above and below). When, and if, he has an updated image and build instructions, I will post it.
Does this mean that we will be using DrL's mod of this map? If so, it'd be nice if it would be uploaded so that players can at least look at it (since getting practice on a map added so close to the tournament date will be tough).

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old July 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
The Keyholes of Wolf Swamp Road Download by Kahrma. This one has had a remake by DrLivingston to make it easier for units to access. I believe he added some height and ladders to make bridge access easier (above and below). When, and if, he has an updated image and build instructions, I will post it.
Does this mean that we will be using DrL's mod of this map? If so, it'd be nice if it would be uploaded so that players can at least look at it (since getting practice on a map added so close to the tournament date will be tough).

ye mean ye can't walk into a tournament of any sort and not be able to play without knowing maps? I been in tournaments for different things throughout the years where it was part of the makeup that some, if not all maps, or whatnot was not told beforehand

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old July 19th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, as soon as he get's it uploaded. However, if it's not up by tomorrow evening, we'll just scrap that one completely. And simply begin using some of the Gencon maps for you guys, instead. At least that way, you'll have seen the maps, and can get a little unorthodox experience on them, to say the least.

I must note that DrL and I are bringing one map that will be a surprise - and, quite literally - no one has ever played on. Which, of course, means you'll probably beat everyone on it.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; July 19th, 2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Feel free to negrep the good doctor for his slacker-ness in getting the updated map posted. Take that, DrL!
Old July 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Mapbuilders, please take note:

In the "rules" section on the first page, terrain specific units will need to be provided for each map, if the build so requires.

RttFF (Road/Castle Terrain) - Dumatef Guard
TJ (Jungle Trees) - Fyorlag Spiders
VW (Lava Terrain) - Obsidian Guards
TT (Snow & Ice Terrain) - Dzu-Teh
Swamp Terrain - Marro Drudges

DrLivingston and I agree that 2 of each unit per map will suffice. That is, if a map requires 1 master set and 1 Ticalla Jungle, then you would need to supply 2 squads of Fyorlag Spiders for that map.

If a map uses 1 master set, 2 Ticalla Jungle, and 1 Road to the Forgotten Forest, for example, then you would still only need to supply 2 squads of Fyorlag Spiders, but also 2 Dumatef Guards.

Make sense?

If you have any questions or don't have the necessary units to cover the map(s) you're building, PM either me or DrL and we'll get it worked out.

Thanks guys.
I can bring Drudge x4, Dumutef x2, and Fyorlags x3 if necessary (although I doubt the Drudge will be)

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old July 19th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
All I did was replace some of the tiles to make it more stable.

It is, for all intents and purpose, the same map.

There is no way I'm going to upload a modified version--too much time for too little result.

If you are still wary we can use a different (GenCon)map.

I am very excited about the suprise map...

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:01 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Is that the one you were telling me you made just to play Tmac on? The guys and I are worried that if you get beat by him on the map you made just to play him, it might damage your already weak self esteem. We were thinking that it might be best if you just threw in the towel on this dream of being a middle-poor Heroscape player and just accept that being terrible at Heroscape isn't the end of the world.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; July 20th, 2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Man, I was a little more harsh than I planned to be. I guess I had a backlog of DrL put downs since he hasn't been around
Old July 20th, 2009, 02:14 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Is that the one you were telling me you made just to play Tmac on? The guys and I are worried that if you get beat by him on the map you made just to play him, it might damage your already weak self esteem. We were thinking that it might be best if you just threw in the towel on this dream of being a middle-poor Heroscape player and just accept that being terrible at Heroscape isn't the end of the world.

Drl, for some reason you make me think of Bruno in the Middle East.
Old July 21st, 2009, 01:54 AM

lordcragor is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Good luck to everyone. Wish I could make it. The concept sounds very cool.

I'm looking for a regular once a month or so game around DFW area. Played for about 3 years now. My family pretty much refuses to play it anymore, so now what?

If anyone is interested, please write back. Thanks
Old July 22nd, 2009, 07:07 AM

aahzmandius is surprisingly tart

Oi...finally got things locked down, and I *CAN* make it...assuming there are still slots? I didn't slog through all of the thread to check.

--Aahz
Old July 22nd, 2009, 07:18 AM

aahzmandius is surprisingly tart

Oh, I'll also be up there Saturday sometime, so I can eventually play in the Dominion Tournament that night.
--Aahz
Old July 22nd, 2009, 08:31 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

There is no participant cap, aahz. Glad you can make it.

Attendees:
1. DrLivingston
2. rym
3. Dignan
4. R˙chean
5. BroInLaw
6. Squadshed
7. Buddy Lee
8. Podwest
9.Tmac2200
10. Tmac2200's Dad
11. Dr. Weirdscaper
12. Fencerjared
13. AnubianWolf88
14. Leddar Chimbo
15. Grungebob
16. Maybe Fencerjared's Messican friend?
17. Dicemaster
18. Piherculis
19. GladDragon
20. Rane336
21. aahzmandius

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 22nd, 2009, 09:52 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey FencerJared and CheddarLimbo--Thanks for offering up the figures! I am pretty sure that I won't need any, but will let you know by Friday at the latest. I think rym doesn't need any. Unsure about R˙chean and Dignan. I am sure they will speak up if they could use them.

Dignan--Ouch. C'mon, tell me what you really think of me! Haven't been stung this bad since you called me some sort of hillbilly that enjoyed relations with pumpkins! (I looked for that post but couldn't find it. That was some stuff!)

21 attendees! Woot! I have money that says Aahzmandius is bringing Zombies or Aubrian Archers...

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; July 22nd, 2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Aahzmandius always brings Aubrian Archers! Except when he brings Zombies...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events