Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:15 PM

5858vince is surprisingly tart
Re: VLP's Custom Marvel & DC & a few others

Powers of my Hero's.

Air Walker
Summon Lightning
Range 3. Attack Special.
Air Walker may us Summon Lightning on any figures within 3 spaces of Air Walker. When he does roll the attack dice twice. With the first roll use 5 attack dice, with the second use 3 attack dice. Opponents roll defense dice seperately for each attack.
Weather Control
Instead of moving this turn Air Walker may use Weather Control to create a dense fog around himself. If he does, no opponent can attack him unless they are adjacent to Air Walker.
Hyper Speed 4
After taking a turn with Air Walker he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

Life 8
Move 7
Range 6
Attack 6
Defense 6
Points 510
Old August 2nd, 2012, 08:28 PM

5858vince is surprisingly tart

Thanks badgermaniac. As I mentioned before I am very new to this. So I have a question about play testing. I just took a guess for HE at 2200 points. To test that, should I put together an army of around 2200 points to battle HE, if he easily defeats them raise his points, if he is easily defeated, lower his points?
Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:22 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Basically yes. However, you also have to look at circumstances (really good or bad die rolls for instance), what map you played on, and things of that nature. You also have to look at different army builds. Some figures are strong against certain types of heroes, but perform worse vs. squads. How do they perform vs. ranged figures with flying as opposed to melee type figures. There are so many combinations that it is tough to truly nail down.

Don't feel bad, I don't think anyone on the site truly does enough to 100% nail down costs. Even after quite a few playtests, it is effectively just an estimate. The good news is that a good estimate works fine.
Old August 12th, 2012, 04:06 AM
has been BANNED

jammer397 costs too much!

I would state that pay better attention to your points. Your HE is 2200 points. I can crush him with my 450 Doomsday, 250 Wolverine, 220 Professor X, 140 Cyclops, and 320 Dr.Doom. That only totals 1380 and I can get a turn with every figure. That 450 Doomsday crushed 650 Fin Fang Foom in singles and he destroyed without a chance a 500 Dr.Manhattan. I have a 1200 point Galacticus thats better than HE.

I like your HE but he is way too pricy. I would go for maybe 1000 to 1200 to start. Also greyowl has a great PDF on making your own figures. It's a good guide line really. I sometime find I need to jack a base line price. You want the 2nd edition. Happy customizing.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10735
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

High Evolutionary has a spelling error where his race should go. Higer Being should be Higher Being.

keep up the good work buddy! I'm liking where this is going. I'm a huge fan of making an army of 3 or 4 big point people to fend off an army of 10-15. Don't get discouraged!

Last edited by ibechief; September 25th, 2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: more info added.
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer397 View Post
I would state that pay better attention to your points. Your HE is 2200 points. I can crush him with my 450 Doomsday, 250 Wolverine, 220 Professor X, 140 Cyclops, and 320 Dr.Doom. That only totals 1380 and I can get a turn with every figure. That 450 Doomsday crushed 650 Fin Fang Foom in singles and he destroyed without a chance a 500 Dr.Manhattan. I have a 1200 point Galacticus thats better than HE.

I like your HE but he is way too pricy. I would go for maybe 1000 to 1200 to start. Also greyowl has a great PDF on making your own figures. It's a good guide line really. I sometime find I need to jack a base line price. You want the 2nd edition. Happy customizing.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=10735
Dont sweat this Vince. Playtesting is about more than just pitting metagaming teams against a single hero. I try and playtest my big figure point cards with "minions". That way you dont feel locked into providing AOE (area of effect) or MAMT (multi-attack multi-target) for your card. Just keep in mind that a point value that high can often make the player feel like they are not getting the most out of their points. I think you did pretty damn well with your "Genetic Manipulation" and "Matter Explosion" abilities. Just remember that a few high ranged heroes with kiting potential might tick this guy down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations