Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old April 7th, 2020, 09:44 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Huh? I dunno, I forget.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 8th, 2020, 02:49 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Remember in the First Edition that Mimring's power was called Doom Line? I always thought that worked better when you start the line on Mimring's back space. I'd always have this mental image of a Doom Line that was just a massive deadly fart.
It was called Doom Line? Why didn’t I know this
Old May 1st, 2020, 08:33 AM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Does anyone here happen to have the text of all Heroscape cards in one big document?

I'm interested in trying to use some basic machine learning to generate very stupid custom cards.

~KoS, who has already applied this technique to make a program that mimics different users' posting styles.
Old May 1st, 2020, 08:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The garylasq site has them in a spreadsheet, I believe.
Old May 1st, 2020, 09:09 AM

Ketchupgeek is surprisingly tart

There's also this list of abilities index if that's all you're looking for:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit....php?p=2242204
Old May 1st, 2020, 11:28 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
The garylasq site has them in a spreadsheet, I believe.
No spreadsheets. But any HTML page on my site is also an XML file (aka xhtml), so if you know how to use XSLT (Saxon is the best XSLT processor), then you can convert a page from my site into anything you want ... text, pdf, an xml file without all the html tags, etc.

XSLT takes a while to figure out (you also need to learn XPath). Not for everyone. Mainly for people who like to code. I like it because it reminds me lot of LISP, which was my favorite language to use in college. (I really should figure out a reason to start using LISP again.)

There is also this,
https://glasq.com/heroscape/figures.html
which is a work-in-progress (well, not really in progress, sort of in limbo). It even has all the MtG:AotP charaters in it. This link may not exist for much longer, so grab the html file if you want it. It's a stand-alone file, meaning it has the font, styling and images embedded in the html file.

EDIT: Here's the XML file used to generate the above figures.html
https://glasq.com/heroscape/build/hs-data-hasbro.xml

Last edited by GaryLASQ; May 1st, 2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old May 1st, 2020, 11:49 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks Gary!
Still eternally thankful for your site as it eventually led me here.
Not sure the other scapers are as happy with the outcome though.
Old May 1st, 2020, 12:06 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Thanks Gary!
Still eternally thankful for your site as it eventually led me here.
Not sure the other scapers are as happy with the outcome though.
You're very welcome. Yeah, I have not made any improvements to the site in a looong time (probably not since 2012). I don't plan to ever take it down, however.
Edit: Oh wait, by "outcome" you were talking about yourself I gather. Ha.
Old May 1st, 2020, 12:09 PM

Awesome. I will keep recommending (spelled(spelt?) that right on the first try, nice) it.
Old May 1st, 2020, 01:07 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Scape View Post
Does anyone here happen to have the text of all Heroscape cards in one big document?

I'm interested in trying to use some basic machine learning to generate very stupid custom cards.

~KoS, who has already applied this technique to make a program that mimics different users' posting styles.
There are several spreadsheets in the Downloads section created by various people.
Old May 1st, 2020, 01:10 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
I would love to see some machine learning copycat posts. I've had fun before putting my SoV reviews into Talk to Transformer and seeing what kind of lingo it spits out.

Here's an example:
Quote:
Like the other more expensive Lawmen, Kate doesn’t use her normal attack much. That’s not to say she never uses it, but her special attack is what does the talking when she’s on the battlefield. It’s not super strong, but it is relatively reliable: when she has a fully charged special attack, which she automatically will if she’s not in the process of swapping out her guns and her War Pug, she can activate it an unlimited number of times. This has a variety of purposes, one of which is a quick way to kill large groups of foes in combat. On the other hand, it can be hard to calculate the right moment to use this special.
and another:

Quote:
Like the other more expensive Lawmen, Kate doesn’t use her normal attack much. That’s not to say she never uses it, but her special attack is what does the talking when she’s on the battlefield. It’s not super strong, but it is relatively reliable: it paralyzes one opponent, and hits multiple times.

The best thing about her special attack is that the paralyzing effect only lasts for as long as it takes to tap off one of her charges. Even at low health, Kate should have plenty of charges to fill with her normal attacks. The real challenge with that special attack is that it has low speed. Kate has no armor but her shirt...

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 7th, 2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old May 8th, 2020, 12:06 AM

Justin The Critic is surprisingly tart

I've been reminiscing about the game for a couple weeks now and have been thinking about armies. I'd like to use a Microcorp Agents Laglor build and was thinking of what would be good with them. Do the Blade Gruts work well without an orc champion? Would they make good pawns for this army?
Army Idea
3x Microcorp
Laglor
2x Blade Gruts
18 spaces
490 pts

If you can accept losing, you can't win -
Vince Lombardi

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's