Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 18th, 2020, 03:42 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Workbook of Uruk Hai (Saruman's)

The most powerful non-bonding 3 man mele squad is PKs, and that's because they are such a good counter to ranged commons. Probably followed directly by Vipers, who are ok but have no real "great" matchups in their favor.

Others from classic scape (only mele):
"Terrain" Figures (Dzu-Teh, Granite, Quasatch, Obsidions)
Large squads (Templar, Deathstalkers, Groks, Hounds)
Kyrie (Sentinels, Imperium, Minions, Protectors)
Other (Anubians, Dividers, Drones [Kinda], Zombies [Kinda], Shades, Wolves of Badru)

I don't know C3V well enough to list the comparable squads from there.

From the above list, the Uruk's would be closest to Dividers or Drones in a 3-man, non bonding mele squad.

From a power-rankings perspective, I think the Uruks should be (at least one of) our strongest squads, in the strong B+ to medium A- range. They were quite capable warriors.

My personal focus is more on making them fall into that range, either as a cheaper 3 man squad or a more expensive 4 man squad. One thing we can learn from the Dividers & Drones though - those are only 50 points each. I think we'd have to reduce the points of the card down to ~60 points for a 3 man squad to keep them in the ideal power rankings range.
Old June 18th, 2020, 05:16 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Horned Skull Brutes are quite solid at 75 points. Warforged are good also, though perhaps 5 points overpriced.

C3V's new Honor Guard of the Blasted Lands are pretty decent at around 65 points.

I would be concerned about getting too close to A-; it is easy to overshoot, especially if your testers are not top tier competitive players.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 18th, 2020, 05:23 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fair enough, I understand the concerns, I'll concede and agree to 3 man squads as long as they dont cost too much.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs