Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 13th, 2006, 05:33 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
he is tring to say to start your pwn thread about the greatest special effect, wich I also do not think bonding is the best.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old June 13th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I just don't see what all of the Hubbub is about. The Romans give a player more options for their supporting heroes. For god's sake, there are robots fighting vikings while angels battle orcs on dinosaurs. Complaining that the Romans bond with more than 1 race of warlords is kind of silly in my opinion, when looked at in context to this game. Are the Romans better than the Greeks? They sure are. One of the devs obviously wanted to make some Greek figures, and it didn't turn out so well. Hell, if the Greeks had generic warlord bonding, it wouldn't make them that much better, in my opinion. I really don't know why they made the greeks. I certainly never thought, and still don't think, the Romans are overpowered. Take away Marcus, they aren't THAT good.

Bonding, in my opinion, does not dominate this game. It is a powerful ability, but isn't the end all to be all to all things 'scape.

Are there some poor units in this game? Absolutely, in my opinion. Not everyone likes playing the same way, and I think this game does a great job at catering to that. Range still has a benefit, as it always has, and always will.

The bottom line is, if you don't like a particular unit/hero, don't play with it. If you and your friends think something is too powerful, ban the unit(s) in your friendly games.

If every unit was identical powerwise, it would be a game of chance with a little strategy tossed in. As it is now, it's a strategy game with a little chance thrown in, and I like it that way.

-jj

smallboxgames.com
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
i take back everything i said about Sudema as compared to Braxas.

Poisonous Acid Breath only works on small and medium figs. Stare of Stone works on ANY size. that makes a HUGE difference (pun intended).

sorry Sudema, please forgive me. you're still worth 140 points in my book.
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:20 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Everybody has their own favorite units. Heroscape is getting so deep in units that we have the luxery to complain about supposedly broken squads or heroes. Yeah, so some units lack luster, but if all of them were out-of-this-world cool, then they wouldn't be the units they are. We wouldn't have 40 point cannon fodder squads and those tough hero draft decisions on questionable heros that you want to support their themed squads (Khemuset).

As long as I have death defying flying Monks, I'm happy!

-Ski
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski
Everybody has their own favorite units. Heroscape is getting so deep in units that we have the luxery to complain about supposedly broken squads or heroes. Yeah, so some units lack luster, but if all of them were out-of-this-world cool, then they wouldn't be the units they are. We wouldn't have 40 point cannon fodder squads and those tough hero draft decisions on questionable heros that you want to support their themed squads (Khemuset).

-Ski
^ This guy and his Monks - sheeeesh.

Anyway, Romans broken? Heck send this argument over to the 'Range Dominates' Thread (or whatever the title is).

Besides MBS who can go down pretty fast if one is not careful, The Romans bond with Warlords who are melee figures in their own right. Sure The Venoc is a key for enhancing ranged units (Aubrien), but I think melee units need that little boost. Let's hear it for melee!

BTW, I too felt Sacred Band were a game designer's tailoring/reaction to the potency of the 'any warlord' bond the Legonnairies possess, but, I've seen 3/4 of a Legos squad go down to one Sullivan shot blast. They're not unstoppable. Tough, but they can be taken down.
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:40 PM
ultradoug

"Hi this is Tae! Call me when my price is not so much!"
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:13 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
I dont think you guys are using Valguard in the right combination.

What I suggest doing is using Valguard with a high attack hero or squad. Engage with Valguard to get his attack bonus and while hes engaged use the squad or hero to free him and then go charging again. Rinse and repeat.

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old June 13th, 2006, 11:32 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I think the Romans are great units personally. I also think Valgaurd is great, I have made many good rolls with him.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:03 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I much prefer Alistair to Valguard, yeah he has slighter weaker def and life (which is offset by Valguard disengagin) but he ALWAYS gets an attack at 5 plus the awesome oveextend ability.
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:13 AM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
This is true but I usually have more luck with Valgaurd for some reason.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old June 14th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski

-Ski
Wait a minute. Your monks FLY?
Old June 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM

philowar is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su_Nan
I dont think you guys are using Valguard in the right combination.

What I suggest doing is using Valguard with a high attack hero or squad. Engage with Valguard to get his attack bonus and while hes engaged use the squad or hero to free him and then go charging again. Rinse and repeat.
I do this when bonding him with the Romans. Have him attack then act as a meat shield for a round or two until he's freed up again. But I wish he had a viking squad(s) to bond with instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units