Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Cartographers
C3G2.0 Cartographers This is the forum where we Discuss, Create, and Display all our Maps.

Old January 13th, 2024, 11:15 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kamar-Taj Map - Public Playtesting

I'm probably going to look for one more set of tests. After some discussion with the testers there are a couple of tweaks that are going to be made. I'm going to move 2 pillars to more of the center of the map for some line of sight blocking. I'll also add around 6 medium sized objects that can be thrown. One tester mentioned that the map felt a little to open without them and I do agree. I'm pretty sure I where I would like to place them but tests will help with that.
Old January 17th, 2024, 06:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Tested this again with Eric today. Not sure I need another formal write up. Just will say that I dug it and I thought the column changes were nice and everything was placed in good spots. I feel like I use a different part of the map every game I play on this. It's good to go in my book.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 17th, 2024, 07:35 PM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah although in both our games we didn't use the throwable objects it was nice that they were there. I tried to take into account their location when moving. The center pillars added just enough LoS blocking and visually makes the center of the map feel less barren.
I feel go about moving this map forward in the process.
Old January 17th, 2024, 07:36 PM

I propose a vote for final editing
Old January 17th, 2024, 07:37 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, the new pillar placement made me feel better about being able to move past the trees to the road on the side. Too much of a killbox without that extra protection.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 17th, 2024, 07:37 PM

yea

Old January 19th, 2024, 04:49 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: Kamar-Taj Map - Vote for Final Editing

I was just about to write up my playtest, we did a second game last night. Was there new pillar placement after the the pdf you sent me, @Ericth74 ? FWIW, the holdup was that we had a Freeze that kept our local game shop closed on Tuesday, our usual Scape day. Let me know if you still want/need it.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old January 19th, 2024, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I was just about to write up my playtest, we did a second game last night. Was there new pillar placement after the the pdf you sent me, @Ericth74 ? FWIW, the holdup was that we had a Freeze that kept our local game shop closed on Tuesday, our usual Scape day. Let me know if you still want/need it.
No worries. Any info or comments/feedback is appreciated. You can just post here or use the form. The pdf download that is linked in the OP is up to date. The pillars in the center of the map were moved forward. 6 medium sized generic objects were also added that can be thrown.
Old January 19th, 2024, 05:28 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

We really liked the map. Played several Kaiju on it and didn't have problems placing them on the map, as was. Map as very fun, we played it without the Glyph both times. I think the throwable objects is a smart add. Will make the map just a bit more interesting and fun. Only thing of note is that I only have two Trees of Death/Life, so we used a Great evergreen in place of that pillar and Tree of Death combo. It is an easy substitution because of the build. Also, unpacked my totes and built the map in exactly an hour, which is a big plus, IMO. Also tear down when the game was over, took 30 minutes or less.

Overall Look: Looks good. IMO, looks like the place its intended to be.

Stability: Very. Built in realtime twice, once by my roommate, (his first build) and once by me (only took an hour).

Build difficulty: Not at all, especially when you add bases and pillars at the same time. They all fit in really nicely.

Size: Larger size map. Smaller than we are used to, but very good build. All areas except start zones seemed to get play during the course of two games. We played 2000 point team games both times. I would not move the start zones in, attacks were made in Round 1, but no one in start zone was ever attacked. Which feels pretty perfect to me. I really like the current size, because it can work for 2v2 or 1v1 very easily.

Unit types positively affected: Being a large map fliers or figures with big moves feel like they could take advantage, bu the nooks and crannies of height around the Trees of Life make placing tactically there much more appealing.

Unit types negatively affected: Slow movers. Figures with low attacks. both of which can be countered by making the Trees of Life into Trees of Death.

Key areas on the Map: Most areas of the map were used, but mostly around the Trees of Life. Height on the road saw some action as well.

Areas not used much or at all: Pretty much the whole map was used except the start zones.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old January 19th, 2024, 05:33 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks Spidey!
Old January 19th, 2024, 07:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Yeah heard they had highways closed off for you guys. Not often you get hit harder than we do with cold weather.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 19th, 2024, 08:00 PM

Still looking for 3 more votes here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Cartographers