Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 14th, 2006, 07:35 AM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
I think I only drafted Dund once. The restriction on using his gaze before moving often meant that enemy units weren't visible or in range for him to do his thing. By the time he'd moved, the tactical situation had changed. I would draft Carr or Drake first in a rematch.
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:23 PM

ArchonShiva has disabled reputation
I'm the only one in my group playing Orcs thus far (strangely so, since I've always owned with them), and nobody's tried to Dund me at these times. I've seen Dund drafted once, but it was against the wrong army, really.

I'm still waiting on someone drafting an army it would be worth drafting Dund against.
Old May 17th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
I guess the optimal army for Dund to oppose would be an army with lots of common cards, or equally common cards with bonding.

So if you like to play lots of orcs and their champions, Dund would be a great choice. He gives the evil eye to one little orc and presto! None of your orcs can move and none of your champions can be activated by bonding.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:08 PM

MBSowards has disabled reputation
Dund is a great choice if you're nearly finished drafting and have some extra points.

Don't bother picking him, unless you feel the game will probably go down to the wire.

He NEVER gets picked so you can always pick him last, and then, keep him away from everyone until the end of the game. you can get rid of the opponents ability to move anything at all, and get three clean swipes at them.

He's always in the reserves of my army now.

Spartacus is like Nike. The shoes are no better than any other, but you pay a whole lot for the name.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:12 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBSowards
Dund is a great choice if you're nearly finished drafting and have some extra points.
If you are nearly finished drafting with 110 or more points left, I would say you aren't nearly finished drafting.....
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:15 PM

Gambit has disabled reputation
ive used him and hes grate for holdind a defencive posistion

i dont post that much

-Utradoug
a warhammer/HS site,im a mod there> www.miniwargames.net/forums
Old June 3rd, 2006, 02:35 PM

Basementeer has disabled reputation
I agree with gambit...

I played my two brothers the other day using all the rules
(I usually cut out 3-4, and I found out it's a TON better with all of them)

they were allied and trying to take over a small castle type thing
(2 walls, some ruins, trees, and a 2 hex wide river)

they had a altar made of road pieces where they could remove all wounds
off their heroes if they stepped on the altar.

ANYWAY...

I flew Raelin on top of a small cliff where she could see pretty much anyone for defensive aura
Dund was nearly invincible.
He could engage lots of guys at once, block alot of hits, and keep units away from Syvalris, who picked OFF units. Dund's really good among trees, too...

Now ive gone and typed up a story. Wow.

In short, dund is pretty good for defending in tricky positions.

How long have I been gone?
Old June 3rd, 2006, 03:46 PM

ferzle has disabled reputation
I have only used him once, with some success. He clearly works best against armies that rely on multiple turn markers on a single card--like grut orcs or other common units with bonding. The opponent is counting on 2-3 turns with the common unit AND the hero, so removing the markers with Dund is a serious blow.

Of course, if Dund is on the board, you could always spread out your turn markers, and put turn marker 1 on the closest unit to him in hopes you get initiative.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:21 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
I'm seeing a pattern here. The pattern is that many people think Dund is weak, or flawed, or needs help, but many people have played him only once (if at all).

Maybe, just maybe, Dund is the sort of unit that needs a bit of prctice to get the most of. He wouldn't be the only unit in that category, after all.

I don't know - I've not drafted him yet
Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:26 PM

Roxas has disabled reputation
If you are ever facing someone like my best friend, Dund will become your favorite hero. My friend always sends out his army in waves. so he will put all of his order markers on 1 or 2 people. send in Dund, you've got the round to yourself.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 04:33 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas
If you are ever facing someone like my best friend, Dund will become your favorite hero. My friend always sends out his army in waves. so he will put all of his order markers on 1 or 2 people. send in Dund, you've got the round to yourself.
Yeah, but 3/4 of the time you'll be fighting rounds where he gets 3 activations to your 2 (because you wasted one on dund).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units