Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

View Poll Results: Who would win?
Marvel 34 28.81%
Venocs 84 71.19%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 20th, 2010, 06:41 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker
Marvel vs. Vipers

Which army would win:

MARVEL
Venom 150
Spidey 310
Captain A. 530
Redskull 720
Iron Man 960
Dr. Doom 1205
Adbomination 1525
Silver Surfer 1845
Thanos 2205
Hulk 2580

or

VIPERS
Venocs x65 2600

Assuming there was 195 starting spaces for the vipers, who do you think would win and why?
Old January 20th, 2010, 06:48 PM

Commander GD Woo who?
Re: Marvel vs. Vipers

Marvel by a long shot! The vipers are nearly fodder. You might as well fight the dragons vs. the Yari.
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM

Angear knows what's in an order marker Angear knows what's in an order marker

Vipers would win. They are getting three attacks per turn compared to the one attack per turn that marvel is getting. Plus there is no way marvel would ever be able to take out 195 figures before vipers can take out 10.

My map thread is here new map 10/16/12
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

This is close . but hulk , cap , and abomination could start smashing some vipers. but 195 vipers is a lot! I think that the type of field could really determine who wins.
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Captian would sheild throw for 3 attacks, plus his counter strike would take out a few Vipers on their turn. Iron man gets 2 attacks. Hulk can hit multiple figures with his special. Thanos would keep comming back to life again and again in a game that lasted that long. The heros would be able to take high ground and just hold it. I give Marvel the win. Although anything is possible when you roll poor defense dice.
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:53 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

I agree with Angear- the Vipers have humongus numbers, and being able to Frenzy will provide them with 6 or more attacks per turn, which is pretty respecable against the Marvel heroes.

Hulk DOES have Stomp, and CA has Sheild Throw, though, which could make them a pain to engage. Your Vipers would probably go down in masses if Hulk or CA got out there early, but... even then I don't see them being completely taken down so quickly.

Of course, not all of the Marvel heroes are truly great, either. Spider Man, Venom, and Red Skull should go down fairly easily.

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:56 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I'd be most worried about Captain America's Counterstrike. 6 defense vs 3 attack, and frenzy will only stack more attacks against it.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:59 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The Vipers should win easily. The overpowering attack of the Marvel figures is overkill on the Vipers. At the beginning of the battle, take out Hulk, Cap America and other multiple attackers first. Then take out Silver Surfer because he would be very hard to take out last. The rest of the Marvel figures should be fairly easy to take out when they don't have order markers on them or head to head. It would be very hard for 10 Marvel figures to take out 195 Vipers.
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:11 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Vipers, definitely. If played right, the vipers could make sure that stomp wouldn't hit more that three of them. I think those who choose Marvel don't fully understand what 195 vipers even looks like. That's over eight 24 hex tiles, covered in vipers.
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Vipers without a doubt. But there is only one true test.
Playing It Out!
Use 195 pennies on the board to be the vipers.
Shouldn't take more than 1 afternoon.

You asked.
You test it.
We'll read the battle report.

Ok guys, place your bets!
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:42 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I suppose the real question is can each marvel hero take out 19.5 vipers each?

Probably not.

I am sure some can, like Captain America and a few others. But numbers should be the end of them.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good lord no contest. Vipers easy win.

As for Thanos, you always kill him last if you can afford to. Hulk and Cap need to die first. First Hulk, then Cap, then game very, very, very, quickly over.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion