Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 2nd, 2015, 04:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Cool stuff. I really am digging the deckbuilder as RPG concept where the "building" takes place over a series of games. It gives me that "Shining Force" type of feel I love in video game RPGs.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Been playing Mistfall as of late. If you're a Lotr: LCG and / or a Pathfinder: ACG fan you will probably dig Mistfall.
It's quest centered like LotR. There's a campaign mode like PF. You start with a basic deck and improve as you play like PF. There's locations like PF and LotR both that you have to make "safe". There's encounters like LotR. You have to make progress on each encounter similar to LotR. When you resolve an encounter you get loot similar to PF. There's enemies and heroes, and bosses like LotR and PF (and many other games
Checked out a few of the early videos for it today...it reminds me of what I thought Songs of Artha was leading to but sadly it seems to have died an early death. This looks more polished even in the prototype video. Saw lots of post about a future campaign mode but I guess I hadn't read far enough yet to see that it existed now. Good news.

I've never pulled the trigger on PF ACG because something about it just looked like it would get old unless you were in it for the long haul of the build up. This seems more like something we may think about.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 3rd, 2015, 11:24 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

"Eight days a week is not enough to . . ." from an old Beatles song ~lol~

Even though I had to drive over 500 miles to accomplish everything, as far as gaming goes - last week for me was simply amazing.
SUN 8/23: played Settlers of Catan here in Ocean View with my wife, her son and DIL.
MON: played Carcassonne (300 tiles) here in Ocean View with my wife, her son and DIL again.
TUE: brought my wife's oldest grandson (16) with me to the BGG Guild "Exit 105 Gamers" weekly session in Tinton Falls and played King of Tokyo, Splendor, Colt Express, and a Japanese anime Mystery Looper game that had me completely baffled.
WED: Made a new friend, James B. on-line and played a light Carcassonne (96 tiles) game with him and another friend, Paul and his 6 y.o. son at a FLGS near Glassboro.
FRI: I joined two friends, James M. and Nathan, and a dozen folk from the FaceBook group South Jersey Gaming League at a chch in Linwood and played Ticket-To-Ride (USA), Flash Point - Fire Recue, and King of Tokyo.
SUN 8/30: played Feed the Kitty, Survive - Escape from Atlantis, and Black Fleet in a hotel room near Trenton with my wife, my son and DIL.
MON: went back to the FLGS near Glassboro where the FaceBook group "South Jersey/Philly area Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game Alliance" gathers and played Battlestar Galactica for 2.5 hours. The last Monday of the month has become Open Gaming Night for a little variety.

I can't afford to do this much traveling for gaming too often, but the experience and personal interactions was PRICELESS.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 3rd, 2015, 11:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sounds like a great experience John

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 4th, 2015, 10:08 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
YES it was... especially seeing and gaming with my son who now lives near Tampa, FL and only came to NJ for business, but brought his wife and stayed the whole weekend. I am so jealous of all you guys who boast of playing multiple games every week.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 4th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

On Wednesday, I played Kemet with @chas and his buddy from Canada who was in New York City visiting. Then we played Fire and Axe, which is a great Viking game that's scheduled for a reprinting soon with new artwork.

Old September 4th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
YES it was... especially seeing and gaming with my son who now lives near Tampa, FL and only came to NJ for business, but brought his wife and stayed the whole weekend. I am so jealous of all you guys who boast of playing multiple games every week.
Yeah, that's extra awesome getting to see you son and game with him. My 23 year old daughter visited for a few days from Albany at the end of June, so I know how precious those visits are.

I count myself very fortunate to have such a thriving area for gaming and for having such a large gaming group full of such diverse and wonderful people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
On Wednesday, I played Kemet with @chas and his buddy from Canada who was in New York City visiting. Then we played Fire and Axe, which is a great Viking game that's scheduled for a reprinting soon with new artwork.
Been awhile since playing Kemet, good game. Who won?

Old September 4th, 2015, 01:14 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
Yeah, that's extra awesome getting to see you son and game with him. My 23 year old daughter visited for a few days from Albany at the end of June, so I know how precious those visits are.

I count myself very fortunate to have such a thriving area for gaming and for having such a large gaming group full of such diverse and wonderful people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Been awhile since playing Kemet, good game. Who won?
I won. I had 8 points, chas had 6 and Bruce had 5. I also won Fire and Axe by 7 points.

Old September 5th, 2015, 01:33 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just got Star Wars Epic Duels in the mail yesterday and have been playing that, a very fun game that came out back in 2002, I used to play it with my middle school buddies but decided to make the leap into it now as an adult and its just as good as I remember!

Apparently there is a custom team for it similar to ours that is working on expanding the game and they even have some Heroscape material for it!

For example!
http://epicduels.pbworks.com/w/file/...20Syvarris.pdf

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 5th, 2015, 01:38 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Got in two games of Pathfinder ACG, which were fun (trying to help someone in our party get caught up, so we blazed through), played Flashpoint: Fire Rescue on basic, then on hard (Heroic level, and rescued 5 of 7 before the building collapsed on us!), and played one game of Descent 2.0, which my group hated.

It was my first play of Flashpoint on advanced mode, and I really enjoyed it.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 5th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Got in two games of Pathfinder ACG, which were fun (trying to help someone in our party get caught up, so we blazed through), played Flashpoint: Fire Rescue on basic, then on hard (Heroic level, and rescued 5 of 7 before the building collapsed on us!), and played one game of Descent 2.0, which my group hated.

It was my first play of Flashpoint on advanced mode, and I really enjoyed it.
Glad you enjoyed Flash Point on advanced mode Bats. Some good expansions for it to get more variety in settings, but certainly enough in the base set to have plenty of fun and challenges.

Old September 5th, 2015, 09:21 AM

Yeah, definitely want to try Heroic mode again. I'm kind of bummed that Descent didn't go over better. I've only played that one about three or four times after owning it for a few years now. Might have to look into trading it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games