Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 21st, 2007, 10:09 AM

Captain_Gerbil Woo who?
Some sceneraio or game play mechnaics I need help with

Hey all,

I'm currently looking into playing a "Capture the Flag" like scenario with a friend, and possibly more. One of the things I wanted to experiment with was some sort of way to continuously revive one's dead troops.

What I was thinking was, at the beginning of each ROUND, take the point value of each unit/hero and dividing it by 10 (moving the decimal over one to the left), and then rolling a 20 sided die to determine whether the unit should come back or not, which is done for each destroyed unit (not sure if it should only be fully destroyed or should partial be included for figures - I feel heroes/uniques have too much of an advantage for wholly destroyed).

Based on the die roll, which must be greater than or equal to the value on the unit card (after 10 has been divided from it and rounded upward) troops can be placed back on the field, however they are not placed in the main base, but rather on a more sideline like area, where they must move into the map to partake in the carnage.

So my questions or suggestions i would really prefer answers are:
Should I roll for each destroyed figure?
(I really like the idea of rolling for each figure), or (Only play with unique heroes?)

How should i assign roll values for destroyed figures, especially when playing with figures over 200 pts, such as dragons or playing with the incredible Hulk?
(Maybe limit to figures below 200 pts?)

Any other suggestions, anecdotes of success, or theories on how I could conduct such a battle? (I would like to mention that if anyone has maps or any ideas on how things-terrain and the like- should be placed, I would appreciate such!)

Thanks for looking and any thought, I really appreciate any and all information and comments you guys/gals can provide!
Old August 21st, 2007, 10:11 AM

Captain_Gerbil Woo who?
also, I have 2 master sets, marvel set, and the bridge and road set for terrain, plus the castle set.

figures is a bunch of random packs including all 5 flag bearers.
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:39 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
The d20 roll is definitely an interesting one, although it seems to heavily favor cheap units. Eldgrim would be a great flag runner . If you've got Deathreavers, I'm sure the battlefield would be chock full of them.

One idea I had was to give each player a predetermined number of points (maybe 100-150) back each round. Any unused points would be either 1) Completely lost, or 2) Cut in half and stored for the next round. As an alternative and taking a bit from your idea, you could use this method only roll the d20 and multiply by 10 to see how many points you get back at the start of a round.

As far as map design goes, I really like the idea of surrounding your castles/flag points with a moat so that flagrunners can jump down without fearing falling damage. Using the glyphs of Brandar or those Marvel Objects as permanent self teleporters to the center of the map could also be neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:55 PM

Captain_Gerbil Woo who?
hmm sounds pretty interesting, I posted in general too, and ahve plenty to mull around
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:33 PM

bluejester48 has disabled reputation
Another rule for you would be deciding whether the player HAS TO roll for each figure or if it is their choice, because with the 3 viking spirits, you may not want them back on the board..... I realize this just gives them another chance to die and use their spirit again. However depending on who you are using their spirit for, you may rather have them dead!

Jester
Old August 22nd, 2007, 12:09 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
Hoooooly crap. I just the most awesomest idea ever. If anyone's played UT99, tell me it woulden't be awesome to make a HS version of the Lava Giant map and use these rules.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios