Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 18th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Hoplitron

Thanks Greygnarl.

Good job, just another little mistake (reaching perfection!):
Quote:
Hoplitrons may benefit from their own Melee Soulborg Bomding.
I'm working on the French Version of the Book of Hoplitron.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:26 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Question:

What do you think is the sweet spot for these guys?
I own 12, but I think I do not need that many
(Right now 8 are still in their packages)

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:27 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I have a feeling it will be 3. I could see more in some formats. Maybe 5 in Heat of Battle?
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:29 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I have a feeling it will be 3. I could see more in some formats. Maybe 5 in Heat of Battle?
Thanks dok,

Guess I'll keep 5 and then I'll have 7 for trade or maybe prizes for a future C3V promotion

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just curious how does shield push work with units with the climb x2 power, scale 1, etc. For example, a deathreaver is knocked off a height four ledge to level 1, does it take falling damage or does climb x2 apply and it receives no damage.

Oh, thinking about fielding these guys in the next tourney.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; February 18th, 2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: for ins't four
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Say a rat falls 4 levels with shield push. NO falling damage, its height is modified during the fall. The concept comes straight from Shurrak's Knockback.
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:48 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
So, since flying still works with Jandar's dispatch it still works with shield push. So I can shield push one of my flying figures up a castle wall... But what about an enemy figure? Can I chose to use its flying?
I don't think it's supposed to work with Shield Push.
You mean flying in general? I'm pretty sure it does work during Shield Push, unless this ruling was overturned. It doesn't make much sense theme wise, but it uses the same wording as Dispatch, so they have to work the same way.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:52 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The thing is, you move your opponent's figures, and you don't/can't use their special movement powers (flying/grapple arm/disengage).
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:52 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't think Flying was supposed to trigger.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old February 18th, 2013, 10:55 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

It's not thematic, but whatever. I think its pretty cool how the relatively simple heroscape metagame forms these little quirky synergies and niche tactics.

Like the elf-wizard one-turn charge-hit-retreat strategy.
Old February 18th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So, since flying still works with Jandar's dispatch it still works with shield push. So I can shield push one of my flying figures up a castle wall... But what about an enemy figure? Can I chose to use its flying?
I don't think it's supposed to work with Shield Push.
You mean flying in general? I'm pretty sure it does work during Shield Push, unless this ruling was overturned. It doesn't make much sense theme wise, but it uses the same wording as Dispatch, so they have to work the same way.
No, that ruling has not been overturned.

What I meant was that allowing flying to work was probably not intended to work in the power.

Think back to Shurrak; does his Knockback allow figures to fly when they are knockbacked? Shield Push is essentially a shortened Knockback with different triggers.
Old February 18th, 2013, 11:41 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Think back to Shurrak; does his Knockback allow figures to fly when they are knockbacked?
Well, at least conceptually, it does:
... A non-flying figure moved lower by Knockback can receive any falling damage that may apply.
Certainly the only way that sentence makes sense is if the figured knocked back (regardless of whom it belongs to) is able to fly before hitting the floor of the canyon. Shield Push uses the same template.

Now, Knockback expressly states that it cannot gain elevation, but Shield Push has no such restriction; so it seems reasonable that if you Shield Push a figure, it can fly upwards.

However, I think we have to assume that it is the figure's owner who gets to activate the flying ... nothing in any of these texts says you get to voluntarily activate the other special powers on your opponents' figures. Clearly the owner of a flying figure would almost always choose to activate Flying to avoid falling damage, so the designers didn't bother writing a novella to explain all this; they just made it automatic.

If that is correct, then I would have to conclude that when you Shield Push a friendly figure, that figure can activate its Flying ability in order to move upwards. (Again, the text does not preclude gaining elevation.) I suppose even an unfriendly figure could voluntarily cooperate to do so, but I can't imagine that your opponent would want to cooperate in helping you put his figure on the space that's most advantageous to you; so this is probably moot.

Related question to consider: Can you Shield Push a Dzu-Teh onto Slippery Ice or Heavy Snow? This one might even work regardless of whether the figure's owner wants it to or not, because Snow and Ice Enhanced Movement is not an optional power. "Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving" is absolute; there is no "may." And note also the absoluteness of the answer to the ladder question: "If it only takes 1 movement point, you can do it with Shield Push."

I have no idea what the design intent was, but the "apparent clues" in the Shield Push text, both in the non-flying reference and in the ways it does and does not parallel Knockback, suggest that gaining elevation is possible depending on the circumstances. Regardless, all of this should be carefully considered in the context of the overall game engine and with an eye to consistency of interpretation, not just what "feels right" for one particular figure here or there. Whatever ruling comes out of this will be setting a precedent that future interactions will have to live with.

If a clarification needs to be written into the text, sooner is better than later.

And regardless, the mini-FAQs in the OP are going to need more precision in both the questions and the answers.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Last edited by Just_a_Bill; February 18th, 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs