Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old November 28th, 2007, 03:14 AM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart
Futurama: Bender's Big Score, and more

Anyone who love Futurama, go get this DVD. It's awesome. I've seen it twice now, and I'm currently watching it with commentary.

IT ROCKS!

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old November 28th, 2007, 03:45 AM

naps420 Woo who?
I so want to pick this up. I love the show (watching it now on Adult Swim). Been waiting for the movie to come out since I heard about it at the start of the year. I was looking forward to the return of the series as well, but with the writer strike, who knows when that'll be. It was supposed to start up in First Quarter '08 on Comedy Central. I plan to buy this movie when I get paid on Friday and watch it before heading to work. I hear it's great and funny.

P.S. What's the more part of the topic about? :P
Old November 28th, 2007, 06:58 AM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart
I just figured we could talk about all things Futurama here. Also, I don't think the writer's strike is going to effect Futurama, because most of the dialogue has been recorded for the 4 movies, and those will be the "new" episodes on Comedy Central.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:07 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
4 Futurama movies?? This is news to me. I love the show and think that Fox blew it by putting it at 7:00 pm on Sunday nights, just in time to get pre-empted by NFL games.
Old November 28th, 2007, 02:45 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Is this first movie going to air on Comedy Central as part of the new episodes?

I almost wasted money on the Family Guy Stewie movie before I found out it was going to air as regualr episodes for free. I don't want to buy this disc and then find out this is going to be on TV.
Old November 28th, 2007, 07:23 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart
Futurama rocks!

GO BENDER!!!!

Bender: Bite My Shiny Metal @$$!

Wah,wah,wah....
Old November 28th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Bender: "That's it! This time, I've gone too far! It's time to take shows like All My Circuits off the air!"

Old November 28th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The comic geek I am has to post this comic cover by Alex Schomburg, 1948. Notice Schomburg signed his name backwards, 'Xela'.
click the pic and scroll down to see another Futurama character influenced by Schomburg's design
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:47 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Hair gel sir?
Fry: No thanks, I make my own.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:08 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The best moment in the entire show is when Fry brings back Morgan (the new Planet Express bureaucrat) back to his apartment. The pan across his pit of filth is pretty standard, until we get to the corner with the spiderweb, and an owl struggling to free itself. I saw that episode about 6 times before I noticed the poor trapped owl and for the life of me I still can't stop laughing when I picture it flapping there stuck to the wall.

The line that follows is classic as well:

Morgan: "This is where you eat?"
Fy: Eat AND sleep
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
From that same episode, when they're cleaning out the lockers...

Morgan: And is this yogurt in this hat?
Fry: Well, it used to be milk, but time makes fools of us all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:20 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
From that same episode, when they're cleaning out the lockers...

Morgan: And is this yogurt in this hat?
Fry: Well, it used to be milk, but time makes fools of us all!
Number 1.0: Don't quote me regulations! I co-chaired the committee that reviewed the recommendation to revise the color of the book that regulations are kept in! We kept it grey.

Number 1.0: Bureaucrat Conrad, you are technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media