Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old July 24th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
When & Where: July 28th, at Enchanted Grounds. 10:00 set up. Take down as soon as we get tired of playing.

Bring a draft pool of up to 800 points. C3V/SoV is allowed, no Marvel. You may not have more than one of the same Unique in your pool, but you can have both Raelins or Drakes. Before each game, one of the players rolls a d20. If a 1-10 is rolled, the point total for that game will be 300 points. If an 11-20 is rolled, the total will be 500. The players will then draft as follows:
1. Roll D-20s.
2. Highest roll chooses whether to pick first or second. The loser of that roll chooses which side of the map to start on.
3. Second pick gets 2 picks (2 cards). Players then alternate choosing one card at a time until their army size equals whatever the pre-determined point total was.
This is pooled draft, so you may pick from your pool or your opponent's.
When you are starting a new game, try to play against someone with the same or similar record to yours, to make the results less convoluted.

CLARIFICATION:
Spoiler Alert!

Attendees:
awesomeunleashed
Chairborne Elite
kpucblek
Daniel
Darren
chief
dok
Son of Arathorn
Ninja Status
Friend of SoA & NS?
Rosencrantz

Maps:

Jotun's Gap (Me)
Elswin Plateau (kpucblek)
Isenfell (dok)
Any other 2 (preferably 3) maps from above

Road Rage for free play (not needed, but would be nice)

Glyphs will be provided by Dok, and will be the same as Gencon's.
Here's the updated info. GR, that's too bad... Any word from BoneSnap?

kpucblek, we'll use the GenCon glyphs.

Dok, since GR isn't coming, only Jotun's Gap is claimed.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; July 27th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old July 24th, 2012, 07:35 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

We can bring Elswin Plateau

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old July 25th, 2012, 07:54 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Hey, guys-- I'm afraid I'm moving and also selling my Heroscape collection. With the tournament coming up, I was hoping maybe I could sell you guys some stuff. Here's a blog post where I've listed my collection with provisional prices. I'm totally open to haggling, especially if you want to buy multiple things. Anyway, PM me if you're interested: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=2066

Check out my music at http://soundcloud.com/davidlc
Old July 25th, 2012, 02:25 PM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
Hey, guys-- I'm afraid I'm moving and also selling my Heroscape collection. With the tournament coming up, I was hoping maybe I could sell you guys some stuff. Here's a blog post where I've listed my collection with provisional prices. I'm totally open to haggling, especially if you want to buy multiple things. Anyway, PM me if you're interested: http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=2066
Noooo! Elginb, we'll be so sad to see you go. Where are you moving to? Out of state?

We haven't played each other a ton of times, but each of our battles always seems pretty epic. You'll be missed.

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old July 26th, 2012, 02:24 AM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I've enjoyed the couple games we've played, Chris (though I prefer the one with the Silver Surfer to the last one we played).

As for moving, my plan right now is to go on a tour of cities I might like to settle in, and I'm going to start in Seattle, WA. I have some savings and I'm going to try to ride that for a while, and hopefully have time to work on creative stuff (music, scripts, cartooning, etc.). So getting as much money together right now is a priority.

Heroscape is probably my favorite game of all time (with the possible exception of Chess), but both Rosencrantz and dok have offered to loan me some of their figures if I decide to play again. I suspect I'll be visiting Colorado yearly, so maybe I'll stop in for a tournament now and again (and maybe I'll be able to convince you guys to forego custom units when I'm in town).

Best of luck to all of you!

Check out my music at http://soundcloud.com/davidlc
Old July 26th, 2012, 06:54 PM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

I have a question about the draft pool. Besides the restriction of Marvel are there any others? How close to 800 points must we have for the pool that we are contributing? Does it have to be exactly 800 points? Also, if I wanted to include two or more of the same unique figure in the pool could I do that? I know that I would only be able to draft just one of any of the same unique but that would allow me to definitely have one.
Old July 26th, 2012, 07:59 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
I have a question about the draft pool. Besides the restriction of Marvel are there any others? How close to 800 points must we have for the pool that we are contributing? Does it have to be exactly 800 points? Also, if I wanted to include two or more of the same unique figure in the pool could I do that? I know that I would only be able to draft just one of any of the same unique but that would allow me to definitely have one.
1. No other restrictions (why do you ask?).

2. As it says, up to 800. You can just bring Isamu, if you want to.

3. No, but you can have both Raelins or Drakes.

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:21 AM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

I was asking because I was considering being evil and doing something along the lines of bringing just Isamu, so that every game I would be playing part of my opponents army against them. But I'm struggling with the problem of if I do that then people may not have fun and I don't want people to not enjoy the game.
Old July 27th, 2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
I was asking because I was considering being evil and doing something along the lines of bringing just Isamu, so that every game I would be playing part of my opponents army against them. But I'm struggling with the problem of if I do that then people may not have fun and I don't want people to not enjoy the game.
While that is a viable option, I can't even see that being as fun for you, and it seems like a bad tactic as well. But it's your choice.

Dok/SoA & NS/Rosencrantz-We still need at least Isenfell+2, and I'd like (though not need) Isenfell+Road Rage+3. I can bring Invasion as well if someone will supply the Jungle...

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:01 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'll bring Isenfel.
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:

While that is a viable option, I can't even see that being as fun for you, and it seems like a bad tactic as well. But it's your choice.

Dok/SoA & NS/Rosencrantz-We still need at least Isenfell+2, and I'd like (though not need) Isenfell+Road Rage+3. I can bring Invasion as well if someone will supply the Jungle...
I think it would be less fun on the 500 point games since low roller will have less points with only a pool of slightly over 800 to be split. But it looks lke a bad idea just because someone is guaranteed to be disappointed.

NS/Rosencrantz? I'm behind on the jargon. What does that mean?

Oh, I pm'ed you Dok about the RotV figures.
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:

I think it would be less fun on the 500 point games since low roller will have less points with only a pool of slightly over 800 to be split. But it looks lke a bad idea just because someone is guaranteed to not have fun, and I don't want to be "that guy".

Oh, I pm'ed you Dok about the RotV figures.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events