Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old July 12th, 2006, 05:39 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Have any of you guys ever got together to play?
Old July 12th, 2006, 06:28 PM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
i haven't played heroscape with any one apart from my brother and dad! I think i'd be too scared to go out and find other scapers, plus i think alot of the Uk scapers on here live too far away for me to get to. (Maybe i'm just making excuses...i'm not good around people i don't know), i couldn't just meet up with someone off this site and feel relaxed! I'd be petrified! (Not that i'm saying you're all homocidal maniacs). Plus knowing me, i'm probably playing heroscape all wrong; first i didn't understand the special att/normal att difference, then the height advantage and who knows whatelse i'm doing wrong!
Old July 12th, 2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
(Not that i'm saying you're all homocidal maniacs). Plus knowing me, i'm probably playing heroscape all wrong; first i didn't understand the special att/normal att difference, then the height advantage and who knows whatelse i'm doing wrong!
Homicidal Maniac? Me? Only on Saturdays...

The way I play Heroscape with my kids is slightly different from the official rules... bet a lot of people adapt it slightly. Doesnt matter though!

(I was only kidding about the maniac thing... I'm alright as long as I take my tablets )
Old July 13th, 2006, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robaula
(I was only kidding about the maniac thing... I'm alright as long as I take my tablets )
Good to know! *Makes mental note*
Old July 13th, 2006, 06:30 AM

By the way, has anyone pre-ordered any of the new sets yet (Thora's or Fortress)? I had pre-ordered Thora's from Housemouse but then they put on a special combo order on there where you can get 1xThora's and 2xFortress for $101.95 plus $49.00 p&p which comes to around 85! so Sandra refunded my money and i pre-ordered the combo! i coulnd't believe how much the P&P was because when i ordered thora's on its own the p&p was about $40! and with the 2xFortress it's only an extra $9! Amazing!
Old July 13th, 2006, 10:01 AM

Sounds like you have got a good deal there... dammit, I'm gonna have to sell off all of my old games to raise some cash for all this Heroscape stuff I want!
Old July 13th, 2006, 11:40 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation
As to gatherings, I had a 4 Master Set map at Beer & Pretzels back in May, helped by a UK member of the now-defunct HeroscapeHQ forum. There are some pictures up at www.spiritgames.com (or at least there were - for some reason, I can't access the site this afternoon). We ran participation games using pre-selected Master Set armies for most of the weekend, and at the end we had a couple of 4-player 400-point games drafting the armies from my collection. The whole weekend was *very* good fun, and I'll probably repeat it for 2007.

As to HMG and Thora's Vengenace, I know that I want two castles, some odd boosters from the earlier expansions, and at least one full set of TV, probably 2. I'm just waiting to find out which packs in TV are common, and which are unique before hitting the "order" button.
Old July 13th, 2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
As to gatherings, I had a 4 Master Set map at Beer & Pretzels back in May, helped by a UK member of the now-defunct HeroscapeHQ forum. There are some pictures up at www.spiritgames.com
Had a look, reckon that it looked like fun. Tons of different games... couldnt spot Heroscape in the photos though
Old July 14th, 2006, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardD
I'm just waiting to find out which packs in TV are common, and which are unique before hitting the "order" button.
I don't mind about the common/unique factor because i only get one of each set anyway unless it's an terrain expansion, like Volcanic Wasteland/RTTFF/Thaelenk Tundra (although i don't have multiples of these yet i would like to when i get a bit more money).
If by some miracle i actually win the lottery *Please God* then i would buy multiples of Waves, or if they go down to half price (or more) in the UK!
Old July 16th, 2006, 04:46 PM

Lottery... I think if I was to win then me and my kids would probably spend about 2000 on Heroscape stuff... Has anyone any idea how much it would cost (shop price) to get one of each thing that has been released, including the forthcoming TV and Castle?
Old July 17th, 2006, 05:27 AM

Do you mean if you brought them all of the internet from the US?
Well...it would be alot. I think i've spent over 400 to get one set of each (including Nerak and Elite Onyx Vipers from Ebay/and TV and 2 Castle sets). But luckily i'm not too hard up for cash!
Old July 18th, 2006, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
I think i've spent over 400 to get one set of each
Do you mind if I call you a lucky bugger?

You will have to tell me where you live and when you will be away on holiday so I can "borrow" all of your HS stuff...

(only kidding, by the way)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers