Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 15th, 2007, 04:34 PM

SilverBlade has disabled reputation
Revdyer, ltfighters, Bannister

I'd like to have as much as possible already decided to save time so:

First of all, space. I have my game room and 2 living rooms which are seperate but open to each other. I can put tables that are roughly 3.5 x 6 in each one. Do we want one massive table with everybody around it (I can get a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood for that), two rooms that are open and allow spying to take place, or three tables for 1 on 1 match ups?

Next, how many games and at what cost? I'm thinking 500 pt max per player for 1 on 1. Maybe 300 or 350 for teamplay / FFA. Might we get in 3 matches with that?

Any special scenerios or maps anyone wants to try?
How about this: Each player challanges someone he/she wants to play here to a specific scenerio. (We can still leave some time in for a grand finale smash fest if you guys want that).

1/2ltfighter, I challange you to a 500 pt "Assasination" - the target can be any cost within the 500 pts but must remain in the startup zone. Just an idea.

Election of a rule judge: I don't have the experience so I vote for RevDyer (he ought to be the most honest) to be the final arbiter on all rules questions. No calling or web surfing.

OK that should give us something to talk about. Now you guys tell me what you think. And no "It's up to you" nonsense. I've never done this before and I need input.

The Code:

Let the strong protect the weak.
Let the weak revere the strong.
In all things uphold honor, charity, and justice.
And may fear have no place in the hearts of men.
Old January 15th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Well, I'll be there, and function as a rules guy if that becomes necessary, I guess.

As to games: I prefer one on one or two on two games, rather than a huge battle fest. I can bring terrain, if that would help.

What time are we thinking about starting, by the way?

I'm really looking forward to this.
Old January 15th, 2007, 06:52 PM

Time

That's up to you guys.

The Code:

Old January 16th, 2007, 10:49 AM

Re: Revdyer, ltfighters, Bannister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBlade
And no "It's up to you" nonsense.
Hmmm, OK I guess I should probably practice what I preach here, huh? How about this from an email you sent awhile back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
It looks to me that we will come over and get there about ten in the morning. We can spend the rest of the morning setting up map(s) and then after a light lunch (no diet restrictions for me) we can spend the afternoon playing and hacking and slashing. That'll leave you an evening to celebrate too and we'll get home in shape to go to work on Tuesday.
I only have 2 MS, 1 RttFF, 1 castle, & 1 TT so I'd like to see another 2 MS (3 at most) and exp to finish out another board.

One thing I need from Bannister: Do you plan to make a day of it with the rest of us or were you thinking of linking up after work / school? If you are here early on we'll build a third board with your terrain. Otherwise there may not be time for that and we'll just do a 2 v 2 team battle while I take on the least competant player in a head to head test of duncery.

The Code:

Old January 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
It may be eleven o'clock before I can get there (since I have a parishioner going into the hospital for knee surgery early that a.m.), but will be there before noon for sure (wouldn't want to miss eating Lenny's). I'll bring terrain for a map or two.

I'm looking forward to this a great deal.
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:12 PM

Sarin has disabled reputation
It is my understanding that we are to challenge one another to a duel. Therefore, I would like to challenge the only other female (that I know is coming) to a 400pt match. Oh & ltfightr if you would prefer a larger battle I'm very greedy & would be more than happy to accommodate you. We could go with a theme army, a specific general, or just an open match. Also what of the scenerio? King of the hill, glyph grab, seek & destroy, or a kill all.

Just let me know your thoughts, ltfightr, & I can tell you what team I'll be using .

~belinda

Chicken Chaser!What exactly is a chicken chaser anyway?
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:42 PM

Ltfightr has disabled reputation
I would love to fight you! I'm not sure of what Army I'll be going with but off the top of my head I would guess Jandar. I don't what kind of battle we do. I'm good with anything.

Diana

Diana
Old January 17th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
I will be there after work for sure. I plan on slipping out of the office a bit early but right know I am just to overloaded to get away for the day.

What do you need from me?

Terrain? Figures? Dips? Chips? Candle wax?

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old January 17th, 2007, 11:20 AM

Just bring figures and a little terrain

Hey B.
You might bring the same terrian as Rev said. Enough to build one small to medium size map. Other than that BYOFigures. I plan to have sufficient amounts of unhealthy snacks. The only other thing we need is a challange. Who do you and your protégé want to take on when you get there.

Rev, I'm thinking I might want to smack you around a little after I finish with 1/2ltfightr. Let's say 400 pts of love and understanding and just to make things interesting, how about no shooters, all figures must have a range of 1. I'll bring all Einar.

Sneek peak of Sarin and ltfightr matchup:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=1408621982

The Code:

Old January 17th, 2007, 05:35 PM

I'll take up your Range 1 challenge, Silverblade, if you'll front me five little points.

My army will be:
Nilfheim - 185
Gladiatrons - 80
Blastatrons - 60
Raelin - 80

Of course, if you can't stand the 5 point difference (and you are welcome to build a 405 army), then we'll have to renegotiate <grin>.
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:51 PM

Ltfightr has disabled reputation
LOL! That took me a minute to get! I thought it was going to be a picture of the map.

Hey, Sarin!

Mom moment here.............. Do you need anything for the kids? Our DS shouldn't be too much trouble. You know how 5 year olds are....big fan of juck food.

Diana

Diana
Old January 18th, 2007, 09:19 AM

I have to add, having met the DS, that he is not a problem at all; in fact, quite a well-behaved young man and easy to get along with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events