Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old January 12th, 2007, 04:41 PM

zombiedude has disabled reputation
I buy from Wal-mart and not online because . . .

Wal-mart sells their expansion sets for $9.99. Housemouse sells theirs for 13+ as well as S&H. I'm just too poor to spend and extra 6 or so bucks per set, but I really hate Wal-mart.

Is there an on-line equivalence?
Old January 12th, 2007, 05:05 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: I buy from Wal-mart and not online because . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedude
Wal-mart sells their expansion sets for $9.99. Housemouse sells theirs for 13+ as well as S&H. I'm just too poor to spend and extra 6 or so bucks per set, but I really hate Wal-mart.

Is there an on-line equivalence?
No, because Wal-Mart actually sells things below cost in order to drag you through the other isles hoping you'll buy things that actually make a considerable profit. Online stores don't have such luxury. I'm sure if you look you'll find several threads on the topic.
Old January 12th, 2007, 05:32 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Target's prices are comparable to Wal-Mart.
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler
Target's prices are comparable to Wal-Mart.
He wants someplace on line.
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:03 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I feel dirty shopping WM sometimes. But, they are cheap, and I am a teacher, with children. So, too bad, I have to buy cheap if I really want it. 'Sides, I always find super delas there like MS for 7 bucks and RTTFs for 5.

I also wish Target stocked HS as fast as WM does.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:38 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
I'm with you all the way, however, I ran out of patience on Wave 6 and ordered through HouseMouse. I am tired of not finding anything, and I need 5 of all commons..... I am at peace.

-Ski

p.s. I am pained at the thought of Wave 6 sitting on the shelves here eventually, and me not buying them to create the demand on the system, thus pushing Wave 7 back. Yuck.....
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Time=$$$

Driving all over town =$$$

Gaming with Wave 6 from HM the last 5 weeks PRICELESS!

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old January 12th, 2007, 06:53 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Yeah, the added cost is a downer. On the other hand, there is product that I can't get my hands on unless I go through HMG. So, I'll be hitting HMG soon, I hope.
Plus, I've heard nothing but good things about HMG service. Makes it a tug of war.
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:00 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd never pay an extra cost for something online. I'd feel as if I am allowing someone to rip me off
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamski
I'm with you all the way, however, I ran out of patience on Wave 6 and ordered through HouseMouse. I am tired of not finding anything, and I need 5 of all commons..... I am at peace.
same deal for me, 5 of each common.

if it weren't for the Chicagoland game store chain Gamer's Paradise, i would be doing all my "new release" purchases through HouseMouse and HasbroToyShop. wave 6 is nowhere to be seen in my area at Walmart, Target or TRU. fortunately i did the full wave 6 grab from GP before it sold out.

btw, why is this thread in Heroscape News ?
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
I expect that there will be an online source cheaper than what's out there now (and/or a current source will lower prices) once WotC takes over distribution some time this year, but I could be totally wrong.
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:38 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama
Time=$$$

Driving all over town =$$$

Gaming with Wave 6 from HM the last 5 weeks PRICELESS!
While I won't argue with point 3, points one and two are an illusion if you're at WM buying toilet paper anyway and if you don't drive all over town on a hunt. Or if your time is worthless, anyway.

Part of the thrill for me is to buy things at the cheapest price I can, so while I have no doubts that HMG is superb and wonderful and the bees knees, I would not feel good about myself if I spent potentially twice the price for something now when I could wait. That's why I don't buy the latest videogame systems... because if I wait a year or two I'll spend at least half the money. There's very little I MUST have now... except for Marvel Heroscape, I guess.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales