Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old January 10th, 2007, 06:15 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Valiant Bonus & AE Drop

If you had an army consisting entirely of Valiant figures except for the AE, would they disrupt the Mass 4th Valiant Bonus.

I'm tempted to say they would disrupt it, but since you can lose the game if they are off board when all your other figures die, it might be argued that they are not "under your control" until they drop.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:21 PM

QBakies has disabled reputation
Nice try, but just because they aren't on the board yet doesn't mean they aren't under your control or in your Army. They would negate the Valiant Army bonus.
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:33 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
...yeeeeah... but if they were killed you'd get the Valiant bonus... so I can see a case being made for having the bonus if they haven't dropped yet. Is there an official ruling? Wotc? WOTC!!!
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:46 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Or you can include Parmenio in your band!

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
PLEASE, no one send this to WotC!!! I can only imagine the miles and miles of posts that some bizarre response from them could elicit
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:55 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
Or you can include Parmenio in your band!
The AE are already Disciplined, so Parmenio wouldn't help them much.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBakies
Nice try, but just because they aren't on the board yet doesn't mean they aren't under your control or in your Army. They would negate the Valiant Army bonus.
5x 4th Mass
Me-Burq-Sa

A very popular 400 point army. By your logic (quoted above), they wouldn't get the bonus when MBS is destroyed. Which isn't true, they do get the bonus when he is destroyed. Which is also in the official FAQ.

They will get the bonus if the AE haven't dropped. They will lose it as soon as they drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS.com FAQ about the 4th Mass' Valiant Bonus
If my non-Valiant figures are destroyed, and only Valiant figures are left on the battlefield, can the 4th Massachusetts Line use their Valiant Army Defense Bonus?
Yes.
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:09 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
I believe, based on what I read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Mass. Card
Valiant Army Defense Bonus
If every army card you control has a valiant personality,
each soldier in the 4th Mass. Line receives 1 additional defense die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS.com FAQ
If my non-Valiant figures are destroyed, and only Valiant figures are left on the battlefield, can the 4th Massachusetts Line use their Valiant Army Defense Bonus?
Yes.
-If all cards you control, (with units still on the board), are valiant except for one, as soon as the non-valiant units are destroyed, (off of the board), the 4th Mass. are entitled to the bonus

-The AE must roll to be dropped onto the board
-They are not in play, (on the board), until they drop

The FAQ only answers the question to the extent of non-valiant figures being destroyed so it's hard to finalize. From all the evidence I would assume that as long as AE are not in play yet, and all other units remain valiant, you would get the defense bonus.

*But,... I have been known to be wrong from time to time!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I am fairly confident that they will get the bonus until the AE drop onto the field.
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:52 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Quote:
The difference between undropped AE and already dead figures is that you do control them. You roll the d20 on your turn to determine whether they are dropped or not, therefore I would say the AE do negate the Valiant Army Defense Bonus.
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will T
Quote:
The difference between undropped AE and already dead figures is that you do control them. You roll the d20 on your turn to determine whether they are dropped or not, therefore I would say the AE do negate the Valiant Army Defense Bonus.
That makes sense and you might be right, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about a ruling, it would be the 3rd.
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will T
Quote:
That makes sense and you might be right, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about a ruling, it would be the 3rd.
It would be in the communities best interest to pick the minds of the other veteran site admins/members - gb, rachean, cavalier, (I know I'm missing a bunch). But I think this is a question we can answer collectively on the site.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's