Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 7th, 2007, 07:12 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
what program do you use to animate them?

6 x 9 = 42

Old January 7th, 2007, 08:06 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman1444
what program do you use to animate them?
There's Microsoft Gif Animator. It's crude, but effective. There's a lot better ones out there, but that's the only free animator I coud find. Anyway, here's an Omnicron.

Hmmm...Heroscape sprite comic, anyone?
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:23 PM

Ausdude has disabled reputation
A sprite comic would be great!
We can start a project, I guess.

I'm working on Venoc Warlord at the moment.

nice sprite!
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:59 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Yeah, I use GIF ANimator. It's effective.

Heh, for a sprite comic we would need all the sprites to be in the same style, have a fair amount of scale, and need some backgrounds...

Plus a fair amount of poses for every character used....

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:03 PM

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun
They don't have to be the same style. I've seen plenty of comics that are joint created. We'd just have to decide on a plot, characters, and give "Assinments" to various artists to sprite characters and poses. My only concern is that it might fall apart after a few weeks....I've seen it happen.
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King
They don't have to be the same style. I've seen plenty of comics that are joint created. We'd just have to decide on a plot, characters, and give "Assinments" to various artists to sprite characters and poses. My only concern is that it might fall apart after a few weeks....I've seen it happen.
Well, yes it would probably fall apart, espcially if I was part of it.... Any comic-like thing I've ever been a part of has fallen apart after a month or two... Other people lose interest, and I proclaim myself as bad luck.

The best comics are all in the same style though. Mixing 8-bit and 32-bit looks very... ugh. 16-bit with 32 is fine, and Fire Emblem and non-based sprites together would be fine, but we would want to keep to a certain bittage, or it will look very messy.

As for plots, don't look at me. I'm always on the art side. Not the writing. I'm no good at continuity.

Old January 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM

Well, it could be good.
comedy is always great for comics, so I suggest that.
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Sprite comics are supposed to be funny. So if we did come together to make one, it would probably just parody some of the quirks about the game. Such as Deathwalkers whiffing their defense, Taelord's overcostedness, and Dund's.... Dundness. I think it would be better though if we did sprites that were bigger than the Fire Emblem models for a comic. Perhaps more cartoony.

I was thinking of making them from Tales of the World sprites for GBA. Here's an example from which I made a quickie Syvarris. They're anime-ish so they can have facial expressions. Plus they're bigger, so perhaps easier to make out.

It would be a little easier to make multiple poses using that style. You can just type in "Tales of the World sprites" on google to find a boatload of sheets to use.

So, what do you guys think? I think a sprite comic could be fun.
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:57 PM

I agree.
and as I said a few minutes ago, it needs to be comedic.

this could be fun.
maybe the Tales Of series would be good to use.
I like to edit those sheets anyways.

sounds good!
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:38 PM

Does anyone have any good backgrounds? That's one thing I didn't collect. I'm going to do some Deathwalker sprites in a little bit. I'll also look for the Tales of series. Should we make a list of characters we need, then make them, or make them up as we go along?

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have, in my collection, a huge amount of SPFX sprites. Explosions, blaster bolts, lightning bolts, you name it, I have it.
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
It would be a little easier to make multiple poses using that style. You can just type in "Tales of the World sprites" on google to find a boatload of sheets to use.

So, what do you guys think? I think a sprite comic could be fun.
I looked at a few. They look like a good style, as many people could easily work with them (I think). And cartoony is good in comics (again, I think).

P_K: Probably should do the MS figures first, as they are the most widely known. After that, it's fair game.
I'm going to search on an old spriting board to see if any one there would have good BG's.

But y'know, if you had the Characters in their world, Dund would probably be very fightening....

Old January 7th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!

Blue, you're amazing!!! Eldgrim's to scale too!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion