Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 27th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Unicorn (Design/Brainstorm)

(If you don't understand what's happening, please read THIS thread to familiarize yourself with the Boot Camp of Valhalla process!)

Unicorn from Reaper: Legendary Encounters

The intent of this thread is to brainstorm for and design a card that utilizes the Unicorn figure in preparation of playtesting and an eventual submission to the Soldiers of Valhalla. All are welcome to contribute ideas and discuss what the final product will look like!

Wikipedia excerpts about unicorns:
Spoiler Alert!

Original submission post:
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 27th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Unicorn (Design/Brainstorm

So we're obviously going with a Hero here. Question is whether we want Unique, Uncommon, or Common - I think Unique or Uncommon is a must, personally.

For powers we have a lot of options.

1) Healing power. I think this is a chance to come up with a healing unit that's actually usable.
2) Legendary Creature X. It seems appropriate for the unit and is a great way to reuse a power from its SoV cousin, Asterios.
3) Carry. Perhaps Valiant Carry? It's very possibly to make a mount out of the unit.
4) "Reward enemy" power. The ability for an opponent to get a boon by hunting the unicorn - likely being healed. An interesting new sort of power.

Do we have any other ideas? Obviously this is more powers than we could fit on a card. Do we want two powers or three? Lots to discuss!
Old December 27th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I really like Valiant Carry and the enemy reward power sounds even cooler. That is a completely new form of power I believe. Super cool.
The Horn of a Unicorn is supposed to have special powers.
In the old D&D cartoon, Unicorns could teleport. There was a mage who hunted Unicorns for their horns that he amassed on a giant candelabra that could teleport his whole castle.

Tornado is the Nagrub...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old December 27th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

Reward for enemy would be a negative power which has some history with Sonya on allowing 4 powers to a card.

Seems like there may be an elegant way to combine that with a healing power?

Something like transferring a wound from a friendly (probably small/medium figure that does not follow Utgar/Valkrill) to the Unicorn...and verbage that when a hero wounds enough to kill the Unicorn they heal...

Actually as I think about it. How about whenever a Unicorn is destroyed, all heroes adjacent to the unicorn may remove up to 2 wounds?
Old December 27th, 2014, 05:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Do we know for certain that this is a double spaced figure?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 27th, 2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: I forgot if this was established or not
Old December 27th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Given that a Unicorn's healing is universal (willing or hunted), I'd prefer a flat-heal and a specific carry to vise-versa. Valiant Carry sounds really cool, as if the Unicorn only carries whoever it deems worthy to ride it, like an Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant.

Perhaps a Healing Touch sort of power that, when killed, the enemy can forcefully use on themselves? Just thinking of a possible way to combine the healing/hunting power into one.

The biggest concern, obviously, is going to be how the unit compares to Theracus. Better? Worse? They can't be too similar, that's for sure.

~TAF, completely and totally uncertified in every meaning of the word.

TheAverageFan is Emirroon...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR

Old December 27th, 2014, 07:03 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quick Thought

Do we want the unicorn to be from Toril/Eberron or from Feylund? If it's from Toril/Eberron we should probably stick decently close to what DND does with unicorns. If it's from Feylund we have a bit more freedom.

I like Valiant Carry. I like some sort of healing power. Legendary Creature is certainly a nice idea. Enemy attack power could be interesting. So something like

THE HUNTED

When Uni the Unicorn is killed by an adjacent opponent's figure, remove all wound markers from that figure's card.

Do I have that right?

~Dysole, spitballing
Old December 27th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Do we know for certain that this is a double spaced figure?
I'm not sure - I would assume double spaced but some confirmation on that (and possibly some pictures of it on a Heroscape board if anyone has the figure?) would be appreciated.
Old December 27th, 2014, 07:50 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

What do you think of making two cards for this unit -- one Army Card and one Glyph Card?

The Glyph can be a Permanent Treasure Glyph: Unicorn's Horn. This way, you could put a Special Power on the Treasure Glyph like Rhogar's "Lay on Hands." The Unicorn starts the game with the Treasure Glyph, so basically it has the Lay on Hands power until it is destroyed.

You could write the Treasure Glyph to clarify that if a Unicorn is equipped with the Treasure Glyph that it cannot be dropped/transferred unless the Unicorn is destroyed.
Old December 27th, 2014, 08:45 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

I think that the unicorn should be uncommon personally. The mini is still in print, and it is hard to come by abundant minis now a days. I also like the idea of a horn glyph. But if it's uncommon it would probably have to have a d20 roll to limit the number of glyphs.
Old December 27th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I really want this guy to be from Feylund and to go with a more folkloreish representation of unicorns, rather than D&D, a bit like what happened with the Kobolds. I also definitely think Ullar for the unicorn - pure but wild and nature oriented fits Ullar to a T, IMO. I'd also be in favour of Unique Hero - feels as though it would fit in nicely with other one off hero creatures from older Classic like Theracus and Brunak. I also think it's a good idea to go for a traditional Celtic name for the unit. Some name ideas:

Ahearn: Lord of the Horses
Aife: A great warrior woman of myth
Aigneis: Pure
Ailidh: Kind
Ailis: Noble
Aina: Joy

and that's just the first page of possible names from this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
What do you think of making two cards for this unit -- one Army Card and one Glyph Card?

The Glyph can be a Permanent Treasure Glyph: Unicorn's Horn. This way, you could put a Special Power on the Treasure Glyph like Rhogar's "Lay on Hands." The Unicorn starts the game with the Treasure Glyph, so basically it has the Lay on Hands power until it is destroyed.

You could write the Treasure Glyph to clarify that if a Unicorn is equipped with the Treasure Glyph that it cannot be dropped/transferred unless the Unicorn is destroyed.
Love this idea! I think that the cannot be dropped/transferred part should be on the unicorn, but this is brilliant! C3G does quite a bit like this, and it works a dream!

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old December 27th, 2014, 09:09 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun Ninja Status is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the Unicorn would be pretty awesome with an impale type power. Perhaps something along the lines of the Templar Cavalry's Galloping Charge?

W

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards