Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:50 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Glyph of Rannveig (Wind) and Stealth Flying

There was some discussion in the Wave 6 thread about whether or not the Wind Glyph would affect figures with Stealth Flying. Here's the wording of the glyph:

All figures with the Flying special power lose this power and cannot fly while standing on the Glyph of Rannveig.

I think it should affect them (and likely will be ruled that way) but a strict reading of the glyph's wording could be argued that it doesn't affect them. What are your thoughts?
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:00 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I would say it does not since Flying and Stealth Flying are different abilities
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Well my take on it is that it does affect their flying but not their disengage. Probelm with that is it is one abilty and my peception is splitting it into two abilites, which of course it isnt.

which leaves me going

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
on a technicality, no, i don't think it would effect them, but agree with you, nether, that it should effect them, and it probably will be ruled that it does. Unless hasbro purposely changed the name of it, instead of wording it like Taelord's for this specific reason, which is not completely unlikely
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:08 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It will stop them from flying and since they only get disengage while flying....it doesn't work either until the glyph is deactivated.

Newb.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:12 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker
I would assume they made a distinction between flying and stealth flying only for simplicity when looking at your card. Seeing Stealth, you automatically know they can disengage without rolling. It is like Net 14. You remember the power but can never remember what you have to roll. By putting it in the title, you don't have to read through all the cards to remember who can diesngage and who can't.

Now having said this, Flying is flying. If the Wind Glyph makes it so Windy you can't fly, it really doesn't matter how stealthy you are does it. You still can't fly.

As far as being able to disengage though.....I have no idea. My vote would be they can not. I think part of the assumption of disengaging would be that they would fly away since it is part of the same power. If they can't fly, they shouldn't be able to disengage without rolling.

I am by no means an authority of the game. But we are logging in about 18 hours a week playing now, so I like to keep things as simple as possible.

-TMM

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:15 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The last part of the wording for Stealth Flying states:

"When <unit name> starts to fly, if <he/she> is engaged <he/she> will not take any leaving engagement attacks."

If they can't fly, the don't get to disengage safely.

Newb.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
I would have to agree with LilNewbie. The Glyph of Rannveig negates their flying and their "disengage" ability. Stealth Flying is still Flying but it is not Disengage.

The Imps can only disengage without a roll if they fly. Taelord, on the other hand, can disengage without a roll however he chooses to move because he has Disengage as per the official FAQ.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 10:55 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
While Flying and Stealth Flying are simliar they are two different powers. This is why I think it could be argued that with a strict reading of the glyph's wording that it would not affect Stealth Flying as it is not "the flying special power."

Just as an example of what I mean, what if there was a glyph that negated Cyberclaw. Would it also stop Improved Cyberclaw from working?
Old December 3rd, 2006, 11:11 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
While Flying and Stealth Flying are simliar they are two different powers. This is why I think it could be argued that with a strict reading of the glyph's wording that it would not affect Stealth Flying as it is not "the flying special power."

Just as an example of what I mean, what if there was a glyph that negated Cyberclaw. Would it also stop Improved Cyberclaw from working?
I would say yes. Both are Cyberclaw even if one is "improved". What if you had a glyph that stopped Mindshackle? Would it affect both 19 and 20.

I know that is a little different but, I look at it as "Improved" and "Stealth" modifying the Cyberclaw and Flying powers just like 19 or 20 modifies the Mindshackle power.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 11:20 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I agree with Lilnewb, but before this ends up being 20+ pages long let's just send it in and wait instead of kibitzing it shall we?

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?
wait.

GB puts the kibosh on the kibitzing.

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's