Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old December 6th, 2006, 11:36 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced
Overall Score- 8 lightsabers out of 10
Man, I don't think our store even has it anymore. It was like price chopped like 5 times and there was only one.

Now you got me interested.
I think the fact that it was suggested for 2 players was the main reason I over look it. I have a large group of gaming friends, and always enjoy playing larger games more.

Thanks for the review man.
No problem. It suits two well, but it can also be played with 4. I haven't done this yet, but I have heard that it is pretty fun that way.
Old December 6th, 2006, 08:33 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron
It is interesting that I can see some HS fore-shadowing in BattleBall. The best thing about that game though is the mini's and theme.
Here is photo off BoardGeek.com which I believe Jormi_Boced took. Bizarre similarities in the figures

Tree Town Open VX

Albert Lea MN
Saturday - October 19, 2019
Old December 6th, 2006, 08:44 PM

TweetyBird has disabled reputation
I'm a big fan of Epic Duels and would love to get my hands on Transformers Armada.

Other games I'm currently enjoying:
BattleLore
Capes & Cowls
Return of the Heroes
Old December 6th, 2006, 08:57 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker
I was always disappointed that they never added new teams to Battleball. Before HS, my son and I played that game all the time, and we got kind of sick of the same two teams all the time.
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:39 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart
Here are a few more Craig Van Ness games.

Boxers and Briefs?- Very fun party game. A player roles a die labeled "I like/I want/ I don't/I have/ I am/ I..."

All the players have 7 cards with statements that start with the words on the die.

Here is a sample card.
  • I am worry free.
    I like guacamole.
    I want to cry.
    I don't want to meet your daddy.
    I have hairy knuckles.
    I need a good cry.
Other players pick from one of there 7 cards a card that has a statement on it that starts like the words rolled on the die and is accurate about the player that rolled the die or a statement that is funny.

After all the cards are handed in and mixed-up the player that rolled the die decides which card is the most true and which one is the funniest. The players whose cards are picked get a scoring token--briefs for the most true, boxers for the funniest. The first player to collect 6 tokens is the winner.

The game is a lot of fun and best played with people you know fairly well. It’s a big hit with my family.

Craig also did a PowerPuff series of games that are cut above the usual license games.

Powerpuff Girls, The - Saving the World Before Bedtime
Powerpuff Girls, The: Mojo Jojo Attacks Townsville Game
Powerpuff Girls, The: Villains at Large Game

The Villains at Large Game is a card game that has a very “Euro” feel.
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:09 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by playa1
I was always disappointed that they never added new teams to Battleball. Before HS, my son and I played that game all the time, and we got kind of sick of the same two teams all the time.
Yeah, I think it is too bad that the game didn't sell well enough to warrant more teams. I think it might be fun to do some custom teams.
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I think it is too bad that the game didn't sell well enough to warrant more teams. I think it might be fun to do some custom teams.
I blame Ricky Williams for the game failing!

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old December 9th, 2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, I can hop on that bandwagon I guess
Old December 9th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Epic Duels is a fun quick game that has some HS parallels. i like it a lot.

still have not played Queen's Gambit but it is one of Craig's best from what i've heard.

Risk 2210 is ok, but i still prefer the original Risk. year 5 in 2210 drives me crazy! i think i like Star Wars Risk a little better than 2210.
If you ever get over this way Gary, I will get in on a Queen's Gambit game with you. Otherwise, if you are planning on Gen Con again next year, maybe we can hit up a game of it then
game on. i plan on doing GenCon '07.
Old December 9th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hahnarama wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, I can hop on that bandwagon I guess
Ricky was the official spokesman for the game when it made its big Super Bowl debut. I think it failed because most parents equated it to high drug use! :P

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old December 9th, 2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Epic Duels is a fun quick game that has some HS parallels. i like it a lot.

still have not played Queen's Gambit but it is one of Craig's best from what i've heard.

Risk 2210 is ok, but i still prefer the original Risk. year 5 in 2210 drives me crazy! i think i like Star Wars Risk a little better than 2210.
If you ever get over this way Gary, I will get in on a Queen's Gambit game with you. Otherwise, if you are planning on Gen Con again next year, maybe we can hit up a game of it then
game on. i plan on doing GenCon '07.
Alright, consider it packed
Old December 27th, 2006, 03:14 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
I was playing some BattleLore down at the local game store, and noticed that they had 2 copies of the MS for Stratego Legends for $16 dollars a piece. My next browser tab will be checking ebay, but anybody here with a yea or nay at that price?

EDIT: Well, going by the couple of auctions on ebay, seems like I have no choice but to buy - though I'm weary of "buy it now" items' prices. The MS's are at ~$40 + shipping, and expansions $10 + shipping.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games