Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old November 30th, 2008, 04:06 PM

viperhoops10 has disabled reputation
Re: AT-43

I was thinking of playing Therians or Red Blok, but probably Therians. So you think picking up two operation damocles and then adding another squad would be a good start?

And which goliaths do you suggest, bane or assault, or does it not matter.

My Collection: Everything except Templar, Greeks and Vipers, Kilts and Commandos
Old November 30th, 2008, 07:53 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

I'd also be curious which TacArms since there are Steel, Shock, Jam, and Death Dealer models.

How would the following be for creating two balanced sides and being able to play the game in all its glory:

$50 2 Operation Damocles
$10 1 TacArm Squad
$10 1 Goliath Squad
===
$70

Are there any other must haves? The starter doesn't include a full rule set, does it? $15 more for the full rulebook it looks like.
Old November 30th, 2008, 08:19 PM

viperhoops10 has disabled reputation

Sorry for asking so many questions but I don't know anything about the armies in this game.

Could anyone give a good base for each of the four armies?

So far this is what I'm looking at buying:

Operation Damocles x2
Main Rulebook
????

I don't know after that, any help is appreciated.

My Collection: Everything except Templar, Greeks and Vipers, Kilts and Commandos
Old December 1st, 2008, 12:31 AM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperhoops10 View Post
I want to take advantage of the christmas sale going on, is there anything I should get besides for the starter set?

I'm low on cash so all the saving I can do right now I want to.
Grab what you can. Word on the street is that Rackham might not be selling this in the States any longer.

This is not correct. Where did you here this? As a matter of fact, Rackham, which is now Rackham Entertainment, has a new campaign to heavily promote and distribute the game here in the states. Tournaments, new scenarios, a reformat of the online newsletter etc. is in the works.

Wave 8 is currently being delayed because of customs restraints for reasons of being a new company, but should be here shortly.

As a matter of fact, the prognosis for the future of AT-43 looks very good.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |
Old December 1st, 2008, 04:28 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

ofcourse, army books are a must have. but you can pass on rulebook. it's partially available for download. the PDF lacks background and armylists (that on rulebook are anyway incomplete). so with downloaded rulebook + purchased army books, you should be fine.

Goliaths: don't remember who's who but you have one kind with four legs and 2x of the same weapon, and the other with two legs and two different weapons. the only thing that changes (stats-wise) is the second weapon. the four legged ones have two single-shot powerful weapons, while the two legged ones have one of the same weapon and one that shoots several weaker shots. it could seem better taking the second one, that seem more versatile (one anti-tank weapon + one anti-infantry weapon), but unless we'll talking about very weak infantry, the anti-infantry weapon will loose several hits in the process of hitting and wounding them. so the two anti-tank weapons will do near the same job (1 kill per weapon) due to its higher precision (to-hit stat) and penetration (to-wound stat). to the other hand, the anti-personnel weapon used against a vehicle will be pretty useless. plus, four legged Goliaths are way cooler, so I'll go for these.

Tac-Arms: Steel (laser ones) are pretty good (same as 4-legged Goliaths: high precision/strenght single shot weapon), Jam are for Vehicles only (both weapons cannot target infantry) so I'll leave these on the shelf. Death Dealers (the ones with chaingun) are cool, but with standard rules can be fielded only in their own platoon pattern, but this should been fixed wit Op. Frostbite. Shock Tac Arms are close combat, they could be nasty, but I usually prefer weaker swarming units for c/c.

other stuff to get:
for Therians, I love to play Grim Golems (c/c ones, armed with 2 blades) with Atis Astartes (a character/hero that allows them to teleport in contact at sight).
also, get a Hekat, you'll always have rooms fot Hekats, as you can field 'em for free.
for UNA, maybe a * (one star) troop, as White Stars (or Shock Troopers, if you want a c/c unit).

Downloads:
Rulebook: http://www.rackham.fr/index.php?opti...=45&Itemid=244
Troop Stats and Deathdealer TacArms full rules: http://www.rackham.fr/index.php?opti...d=0&Itemid=245

Last edited by Gabbi; December 1st, 2008 at 05:28 AM.
Old December 3rd, 2008, 03:38 PM

webhead817 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
FYI....if anyone is looking to get into AT do it NOW over at the FFG Holiday sale. Since they lost the disty rights they are clearing everything out at HUGE discounts. Starter was $80 is now $25.
Just seconding this thought...I've seen a couple of things sell out, but all of the Karmans were in stock as of last night, for instance.

Honestly...I'd just pick a team that visually or theatically interests you, and go from there. While each team will play a little different, each has common elements as well.

MARVEL AttackTix Battle Figure Game Game Developer
TRANSFORMERS Bot Shots Battle Game Game Designer
The Avengers Loki's Mercenaries
Old December 3rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The AT-43 figures are decent, prepainted miniatures and a fantastic deal at the FFG sale price. If you don't care for AT-43 after trying it out, you can always use the figures in a free sci-fi skirmish game called No Limits:

http://www.wargamesunlimited.net/nolimits/index.html

Newb.

Last edited by LilNewbie; December 3rd, 2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:10 AM

Here are some pics of my Red Blok army.

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
Old January 5th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

I've heard of the Red Blok sometimes using "infantry swarm" tactics, but that is ridiculous.

Ever use 'em all at one time?

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old January 6th, 2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
I've heard of the Red Blok sometimes using "infantry swarm" tactics, but that is ridiculous.

Ever use 'em all at one time?

We usually play 2000 point armies; so I really haven't used them all at once, but I am able to field any type of combination of infantry and AFV's that is required for the scenario.

Old January 6th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Great pics and collection, Blue Dane!! Red Blok is one of my favorite armies along with the Karmans. You could use that army as a proxy Imperial Guard army in the other game too!

Thanks for posting the pics.

Newb.
Old January 6th, 2009, 08:05 PM

Here are some pics of my Karman Army:

I'll try to post the UNA and Therians later.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures