Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old November 27th, 2007, 11:24 AM

Nalanod has disabled reputation
Joining the conversation late...

So my cousin is in from out of state for the Thanksgiving holiday. He drops by with AT-43: Operation Damocles, decides he isn't really interested in it, and gives it to me.

I finally opened the box and took a look at the rules. To be honest, I like playing games like Heroscape a little more than I like measuring, but I am going to give it a try.

Does anyone have the advanced rules? I am going to check in the Custom Units thread, but has anyone done a Heroscape version of the UNA or those white-faced guys?
Old November 28th, 2007, 03:53 PM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalanod
Does anyone have the advanced rules?
you can get 'em HERE.
Old November 30th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I just received an FFG (Fantasy Flight Games) shipment in the mail and their Fall 2007 brochure has AT-43 and the new Confrontation stuff! FFG appears to be the new distributor of the pre-painted Rackham games. Very cool!

Newb.
Old November 30th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Yeah, I just toured their offices with my buddy who works there (at FFG). They are indeed the new distributors for AT-43 and the forthcoming (in the next month or two) pre-painted Confrontation Starter Set. Can't wait to pick that up. Pre-painted is SO very much the way to go.
Old January 12th, 2008, 09:47 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalanod
Does anyone have the advanced rules?
you can get 'em HERE.

While most of the rules are available to read, there's just enough missing that you'll have to buy the full book to play.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
While most of the rules are available to read, there's just enough missing that you'll have to buy the full book to play.
You're right, the downloadable book is not complete, but I believe that if you purchase the army book for your faction, you can play using the downloadable rules (the most important missing parts are army lists and weapon descriptions, if I remember correctly).

that said, I've purchased all the books, even army books of factions I don't play. they're quite cheap, and for their cost, their value is quite high in every aspect: background, rules and illustrations.
Old January 17th, 2008, 12:39 AM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
You're right, the downloadable book is not complete, but I believe that if you purchase the army book for your faction, you can play using the downloadable rules (the most important missing parts are army lists and weapon descriptions, if I remember correctly).

that said, I've purchased all the books, even army books of factions I don't play. they're quite cheap, and for their cost, their value is quite high in every aspect: background, rules and illustrations.
I agree about the books. Their production quality is excellent with fantastic photos and storylines. They are well worth their price.

Newb.
Old February 15th, 2008, 04:54 AM

June releases revealed:

Quote:
  • Unit Box: MedTec
    This unit contains 2 nurses, 1 doctor, 1 shelter, and 3 great walls. All miniatures come pre-painted and pre-assembled. Also contains 1 reference card. $29.99
  • Unit Box: K-Shooter
    This unit contains a complete K-Shooter unit for the Karman Army. It contains 2 miniatures equipped with ZZ-Gun and Super Power Grip. All miniatures come pre-painted and pre-assembled. Also contains 2 reference cards. $29.99
  • Hero Box: Guru Lucius
    This Hero box contains 1 hero from the Karman Army, along with a Thunder Buggy. All miniatures come pre-painted and pre-assembled. Also contains 2 reference cards. $44.99
  • Unit Box: Dragomirov Kolossus
    This unit contains a complete Dragomirov Kolossus unit for the Red Blok Army. It contains 3 Kolossus miniatures. All miniatures come pre-painted and pre-assembled. Also contains 2 reference cards. $29.99
  • Hero Box: Lieutenant G Epstone
    This Hero box contains 1 hero in open TacArm armor from the UNA Army. All miniatures come pre-painted and pre-assembled. Also contains 1 reference card. $14.99

and some previews:

the cover of the upcoming Campaign Book Operation Frostbite and a concept of the Steel Giant (Therian lv.3 Strider).

Karman King Mammoth

Old September 24th, 2008, 08:13 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart
Re: AT-43

Two of us came back from Op Domocles Initiation sets free from FFG at Gencon. Im finding that theres a short supply of steel trooper attachment boxes (the ones with medics and mechanics) online. My FLGS doesn't carry AT-43 yet. If anyone spots some boxes at retail and wouldnt mind shipping them Id greatly appreciate a PM.

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old October 16th, 2008, 06:14 PM

brhodges77 Woo who?

Ok is there anybody in the DFW area playing at-43 or their fantasy game reguarly. I'd like to see a demo or play a couple of games before i spend money on this. If so pm me and we can try something out.
Old October 30th, 2008, 08:21 PM

Annonced in the Rackham Online newsletter, Cry Havoc #109:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cry Havoc #109
Thanks to the support of ENTREPRENEUR VENTURES, one of the leading French actors in the field of Venture Capital, we are pleased to announce the creation of the company RACKHAM ENTERTAINMENT. RACKHAM ENTERTAINMENT has acquired on October 28 th, 2008 all assets and production means of RACKHAM SA. RACKHAM ENTERTAINMENT will continue to count on the unique expertise of the RACKHAM SA Design Studio.

RACKHAM ENTERTAINMENT plans to continue developing the existing game universes, AT-43 and CONFRONTATION, as well as new game universes including by acquisition of licenses. The Design Studio has already conceived the products for CONFRONTATION and AT-43 for the next 12 months.

We are pleased to announce that RACKHAM ENTERTAINMENT will be able to market these new products within a very short period of time. These releases will be available on a monthly basis, and will be released simultaneously worldwide. A new releases planning for the 2009 year will be available in the upcoming days. This sure will delight even the most demanding players.
Thus, RACKHAM ENTERTAINMENT is able to announce that the Wave-08 will be available in stores at the end of November 2008. This Wave will be followed by Wave-09 in December 2008.

RACKHAM ENTERTAINMENT, and its american partners, will work in unison to ensure the North American stores will receive on a regular basis these new releases as well as marketing and promotion tools. For this reason, in the next couple of weeks North American Distributors and RACKHAM ENTERTAINMENT will start developing various marketing operations, including the establishment of organized play.

Very soon we will be able to tell you more about your favorite games and all the suprises we have ready for you.

RACKHAM ENTERTAINMENT SAS
Lucas Velimirovic
Now we know why FFG is no longer distributing Rackham products. Hopefully, they will keep to their word and get the new AT-43 items to market quicker than before!

Newb.

Last edited by LilNewbie; October 30th, 2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old November 1st, 2008, 09:29 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Also, I am looking forward to DUST miniatures, will have to wait and see....

DWARVES!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures