Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old October 4th, 2006, 06:33 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
[NDS] MageKnight

anyone got this game? how it is?
as former player of the minis game, I'm very interested in it.
it's worth purchase?

here's a screenshot:

Old October 4th, 2006, 06:57 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gen...topic=30792207

im interessting to but a german, or italy version could be nicer as a english version.
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:16 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
It's a DS game? What happened to the PC one?

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:48 AM

Logrey has disabled reputation
I played Mage Knight: Dungeons for years (not the same thing as standard Mage Knight, but close enough). So, I was pretty jazzed about this. I tried buying from an actual store with no luck - no one is carrying this thing.

So, two days ago, I just bought it on eBay (retail $29.99 - I got it for $26, including shipping). Anyway - it should be arriving soon and when it does, I'll post my thoughts.
Old October 4th, 2006, 11:54 AM

bushi96 has disabled reputation
Havent played it, but the online reviews were not too favorable.

"I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are"
~G. Marx~
Old October 4th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
September 30, 2006 - If you can remember when the only way to slay orcs was with dice, models, and paper, this is a must buy. If not (and this includes me), the strategic depth and size of the turn-based adventure herein is still a tremendous value for the cash.

Epic Le-er-Mage Knight (the penny arcade spoof ELoTH:TES was a dig at this franchise) pits your hero and his army (blessedly wholly-customizable from the start) against a linear series of turn based battles with terrain objectives which much be captured and/or held, all the while hacking and blasting your foes into a bubbling pile of spell-scorched goo. While the mechanics are nothing revolutionary to players of Tactics Ogre (and it's rip-off, FF:Tactics) and Fire Emblem, the faithful translation of tabletop mechanics, including a series of d6 that you physically throw down on the screen by touch (which, btw, just feels right), gives it an old school feel absent from games designed with a control pad in mind. It really makes me wish for more tabletop-to-ds like a warhammer 40k game that costs $30 instead of $200+, but I digress.

While any familiarity with turn based strategy will allow you to enjoy this very deep game, there are a few caveats. First, NO MULTIPLAYER, so if you were hoping to take your army to glory and your friends' humilation, buy some actual dice. Second, unit selection is kinda sloppy, often requiring you to reselect your unit or their destination. Finally, as mentioned, there are no braching paths, you do a mission till your succeed, and there's no selling your troops back if you bought the wrong army, so this is not for the easily discouraged. Despite this, thought, the difficulty curve is extermely reasonable and there's a treasure trove of strategic challenges to be found in this svelt $30 package.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 8th, 2006, 04:56 PM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
thnks for review, GB

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures