Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 12th, 2006, 01:26 AM

AlCapwned has disabled reputation
Question about Carry...

I'm not completely sure about this ruling. If Brunak was to carry a friendly unit and attempt to jump off the top of a castle, only to die, what happens to the unit? Logically, the unit would be down there too, maybe rolling additionally -- unless the brute broke his fall. On the other hand, the text says to place him after Brunak moves. But this makes no mention of what happens if his movement were interrupted or if he was removed from the board. This brings up the question: how do the phases of movement work? Does fall damage resolve after the movement?

Any input?

-Al
Old December 12th, 2006, 01:34 AM

Avenger has disabled reputation
That's a good question. I honestly have no idea. Just wait until Nether gets here. I'm looking forward to seeing the answer.
Old December 12th, 2006, 01:46 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Re: Question about Carry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlCapwned
This brings up the question: how do the phases of movement work? Does fall damage resolve after the movement?

Any input?

-Al
I can't quote a rule, but we roll for falling damage as soon as the figure moves to a space requiring it, and then the figure continues its move if any left.

Haven't thought about falling damage for a carried figure, good question. I would guess that the figure isn't subject to falling damage, only the one doing the carrying.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old December 12th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You don't actually move the character Brunak chooses until "after you move Brunak". Thus, if Brunak dies in a fall the figure remains where it was before Brunak began to move. A corollary is that if he survives the fall, the figure he is carrying doesn't even need to roll for falling damage.

What I can't tell you is, if you landed Theracus in lava, whether he rolls for lava damage first or places the figure he is moving first.

~Aldin

EDIT Just checked lava rules and I'm pretty sure he has to survive the lava check first since it happens as he moves into the space whereas the drop off happens after he finishes moving. /EDIT

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:06 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Above sounds good to me - I forgot that the figure being carried isn't actually moved until the move is completed.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?
Carry.

Carry
Before moving Brunak, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Brunak. After you move Brunak, place the chosen figure adjacent to Brunak.

The ability is after all called "Carry".

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:20 AM

AlCapwned has disabled reputation
I know, I read the rules, it just doesn't make much sense for someone to 'carry' another, yet only carry them if they manage to survive their leap. This question was brought up by Se-Grik-Na, a custom who can 'carry' opposing figures.
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:27 AM
Loves This Site!

ZODGILLA! Woo who?
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlCapwned
I know, I read the rules, it just doesn't make much sense for someone to 'carry' another, yet only carry them if they manage to survive their leap. This question was brought up by Se-Grik-Na, a custom who can 'carry' opposing figures.
Yeah, I was clarifying that if Brunak was going over the wall, that constitutes moving, so the carried would go also. I do not know the official ruling on whether or not the rider rolls for damage or not, but it seems if the mount lives, no, if the mount dies, yes.

ZODGILLA!
Not bad monster.
(Ten foot tall and bulletproof.)
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:49 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODGILLA!
Carry
Before moving Brunak, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Brunak. After you move Brunak, place the chosen figure adjacent to Brunak.

The ability is after all called "Carry".
Yup. You have to choose the figure before you move. You still don't actually move the figure until after you complete Brunak's move.

Aldin's right on this one.
Old December 12th, 2006, 01:55 PM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Hmmm in the video game GUN if you are riding a horse off a cliff you both die.

And Aldin why would you send your pretty pony with wings into the lava? Thats just cruel. At least give him a shot of saki with some methanphetmines before you do that.
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor
Hmmm in the video game GUN if you are riding a horse off a cliff you both die.

And Aldin why would you send your pretty pony with wings into the lava? Thats just cruel. At least give him a shot of saki with some methanphetmines before you do that.
*chuckle*

Remember the default scenario that comes with VW? In my first playthrough I was attacking and was down to Raelin with one round left and way too many spaces to cover. It came down to a last desperate flight, disengageing from Brunak and guessing which glyph because there was no way I was gonna get both. I picked right and the poor lava defenders were utterly crushed. Reminded me of Ender's Game - the gate was down

Anyhoo, that to say I might have done something like that with Theracus carrying someone at some point. That's how the idea occured to me at any rate.

~Aldin

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think at its core this question is just a timing issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS 2nd Ed. Rules Page 10
If the drop is equal to or more than the figure's height, you must roll one combat die after moving, to see if it was wounded.
Both placing the carried figure and the falling damage take place "after moving." Which comes first?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's