Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 23rd, 2007, 01:54 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
oops
Old August 27th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:29 PM

ron3090 Woo who?
This is one of the most useful threads ever for a custom creator, especially for long abilities such as flying. Could this be stickied?

ron3090 is 'Shotgun' Sullivan...
in the ECRU CAVE...
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron3090
This is one of the most useful threads ever for a custom creator, especially for long abilities such as flying. Could this be stickied?
It was once but now it is linked in another stickied thread that has all the custom tools you need in one place...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=3249
Old September 4th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Here are a few basic abilities, some of which are spin offs and such.

<TERRAIN> STRENGTH - Add 1 to <unit>’s attack and defense while on a <terrain> space.
INCORPOREAL - When <unit> attacks or is attacked, roll the 20-sided die. On an 11 or higher, the attack has no effect.
<TERRAIN> AMBUSH - When deploying <unit> only place one figure per unit on the field. When a figure from this unit activates on a <terrain> space, you may roll the 20-sided die. On an 11 or higher place the rest of the unit (1, 2, or 3 models) is deployed adjacent to the revealing model.
TREE WALK - Instead of attacking if you are standing adjacent to a tree, you may merge with that tree, remove this figure from the board. The next time this unit activates, you may place it adjacent to any tree on the game board. Continue it's turn as normal.
Old October 7th, 2007, 03:37 PM

the mighty Thor has disabled reputation
Can you put A power called Three Wishes in?

Three wishes-Garshi by The might thor
If you have an adjacent figure that is on your team you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 15 to higher you may destroy any figure, move any one object, or move any figure anywhere. After doing this get rid of one of you three wishes markers on thsi card.

Dumb people make me mad
VOTE THOR 08

"An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" Gandhi

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Gandhi

Grammar and Spelling are 2 VERY different things
Old October 7th, 2007, 08:34 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty Thor
Can you put A power called Three Wishes in?

Three wishes-Garshi by The might thor
If you have an adjacent figure that is on your team you may roll the 20 sided die. If you roll a 15 to higher you may destroy any figure, move any one object, or move any figure anywhere. After doing this get rid of one of you three wishes markers on thsi card.

More official wording:
<unit> starts the game with three wish counters. After moving and before attacking, if there is a friendly figure adjacent to <unit> , you may roll the twenty sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, you may activate one of the following affects:

* Destroy any figure.

* Place any figure any unoccupied space. If it is engaged it will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

* Move any terrain object to any unoccupied space.

After rolling, remove a wish counter from this card.
Old October 7th, 2007, 10:31 PM

nerdyninja has disabled reputation
this should really help me.
Old October 8th, 2007, 03:12 AM

ReqMan is surprisingly tart
Here are some of my custom abilities...

FEAR - Terror Wights by ReqMan
Adjacent enemy units roll one less defense die when defending any attack for each <unit> it is engaged with. Enemy units cannot be effected by more than 3 <units>, and defense dice cannot fall below one defense die.

PETRIFY - Terror Wights by ReqMan
If any <unit> inflicts a wound on an enemy figure, you may remove one order marker from that figures army card. Petrify can only be played once per turn.

ORC MOVEMENT BONDING - Dark Orc Clan by ReqMan
Before taking a turn with <unit>, you may move any figures on any other single Orc Army Card you control up to 4 spaces.

REACH - Skeletal Equicephs by ReqMan
<unit> may attack figures 1 additional space away. Normal melee
exceptions apply.

SELECTIVE ENGAGEMENT - Skeletal Equicephs by ReqMan
<unit> may attack any figure within range, even if engaged.

MARRO LEADERSHIP - Se-Gok-Su by ReqMan
All Marro you control move one additional space. <unit> is not effected by Marro Leadership.

MARRO ATTACK ENHANCEMENT - Se-Gok-Su by ReqMan
All friendly Marro adjacent to <unit> receive an additional attack die.

STRIKE FIRST - White Wolves of Korash by ReqMan
Any or all of the <unit> may play their attack phase before moving instead of after.

CRUSHING BLOW - Gorak by ReqMan
When attacking small or medium figures, add 2 attack dice.

LEAPING STRIKE - Fanghor the Furious by ReqMan
If <unit> used his Giant Leap to move this turn, and ended adjacent to an enemy figure, add 1 attack die to his attack.

WOLVEN FURY - Fanghor the Furious by ReqMan
All other wolves you control within 3 clear sight spaces to <unit> get +1 to their attack.

ENTROPIC AURA - Se-Qu-Ba by ReqMan
Any time an enemy figure within 4 clear sight spaces of <unit> rolls the 20-sided die, subtract 2 from that roll.

PS-YCHIC BLADE - Se-Qu-Ba by ReqMan
Instead of attacking, you may choose any adjacent figure. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-10, <unit> misses. If you roll 11-19, the chosen figure takes 1 wound. If you roll 20, the chosen figure takes 2 wounds.
Old January 25th, 2008, 08:43 AM

n1ck3l knows what's in an order marker n1ck3l knows what's in an order marker
SHOVE - Jirard by n1ck3l
Instead of attacking an opponent of the same or lesser size, <unit> may roll the twenty sided die. If <unit> rolls an 11 or higher, move the opponent's figure two spaces in any direction. If the chosen figure is standing on ice, move it indefinitely until it lands on solid ground or hits an obstacle.

SPECIAL ATTACK BOULDER THROW - Jirard by n1ck3l
ATTACK 4. RANGE 5. If <unit> is standing on a rock or road space, <unit> may use Boulder Throw instead of attacking normally.

EXTENDED RANGE - Col. Lewis by n1ck3l
<unit> may extend <unit>'s range by a maximum of X spaces. For every extra space added to <unit>'s range, subtract one attack die.

LEAVE NO WITNESSES - The Night's Shadows by n1ck3l
If an opponent’s Unique Hero with only one wound left disengages with <unit>, even if they have the Ghost/Phantom Walk, Stealth Flying, or Disengage Special Ability, that figure is automatically destroyed.

All work and no play makes n1ck3l a dull boy... and it means you are spending too much time setting up the map. Get on with it!
Old January 25th, 2008, 09:59 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
I tried starting a similar thread a few weeks ago. Here is a reprint of what I offered up, along with a few new abilities.

GLIDING
If <this unit> begins its move at least 8 levels higher than the space on which it ends its move, then it can ignore all figures and terrain features, except figures and obstacles that are as tall as your figure's starting point.

>I created "gliding" for use with characters like Batman, The Penguine (with umbrella), Moon Knight, etc.

SKATEBOARD
<This unit> can move 1 additional space, each time it moves down exactly one level. Skateboard only works on concrete and asphalt tiles.

>I created "skateboard" for Night Thrasher, but it might work for a ninja turtle or something.

TRACKING
Place a tracking marker on the card of one of your opponent’s figures. Whenever that figure moves, <this unit> may also move. <This unit> cannot track characters with flight or teleportation. She cannot track a character if it moves through water on its turn.

>I created "tracking" for the Amazon Scout from Mage Knight, and for the Dire Wolf in Horrorclix. I also gave the scout the following ability, which works in tandem:

SCOUTING PARTY
Instead of taking a turn with <this unit> this turn, move any 2 friendly unengaged figures within her line of site. The figures must end their moves adjacent to the Amazon Scout, or they may not move at all.

QUICK DRAW
If <this unit> is targeted for an attack by a non-adjacent figure, controlled by your opponent, <this unit> may roll attack dice, instead of defense dice. Only the player that rolls the most skulls may inflict wounds. The player who rolls the least skulls, must roll defense dice for his figure.

>I created "quick draw" for DC's Speedy, but it can obviosuly be used for cowboy characters and Han Solo.

DIVING
If <this unit> begins its turn on land, and ends its move on a water space, then <this unit> may move across 3 water spaces, upon entering water.

>I created "diving" for the Xandressan Diver in Mage Knight, but it could be used for many figures.

SUBMERGE
If <this unit> is standing on a water space, that is completely surrounded by water spaces, it can not be targeted for an attack by a non-adjacent figure. <This unit> can not submerge in swamp water.

>I created "submerge" for the Xandressan Diver and characters like Aquaman, Namor, and other aquatic figures (possibly a team of SEALS).

Finally I present a full set of figure stats. I am presenting the full stats, to demonstrate how cheap a character like this would be, in terms of point value, but how much fun it would be thematically. The abilities are directly linked. I present the Blood Priestess from Mage Knight:

Blood Priestess (15 points)

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 2

MINIONS
If a friendly figure would destroy an adjacent figure controlled by your opponent, the friendly figure may enslave your opponent’s figure instead. Remove any order markers. You now control the figure. Enslaved figures may not take a turn. They only move when an adjacent figure that you control moves. If the enslaved figure does not end its move adjacent to another figure you control, then full control of that figure returns to the player who drafted it.

BLOOD SACRIFICE
Place an altar marker on any space at the beginning of the game. If the Blood Priestess destroys an enslaved figure that is on her altar, you may replace that figure with a hero or squad that has an equal point value to the sacrificed figure. The summoned figure may be a previously destroyed unit or a new one. You control the new unit. Only unique figures may be sacrificed. Squad figures are unsuitable for the Blood Sacrifice.

So, those are some of my more unique ideas for abilities. Feel free to critique or add your own unique ideas.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old January 31st, 2008, 08:09 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
*bump*

This is a good thread. I hope I didn't kill it!

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards