Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 24th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
That's pretty cool A3n. Thanks for sharing.

I really enjoy the heck out of the Shut Up and Sit Down videos, they are really good and funny as hell too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 25th, 2014, 08:26 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played a Krosmaster: Frigost battle yesterday with a few of the new characters; always fun. We played 4 scenarios of Pathfinder ACG to get to finally get to deck 5, with Seoni only almost dying in 2 of them. Finished up with the DC Comic card game before bed. I was supposed to go to a Wild West Exodus demo day, but the plans my kids had fell through, so I decided to stay home. Always the right choice for me.
Old May 25th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sounds like a lot of fun was had G-O

Can't wait to hear about Wild West Exodus when you get it played.

Old May 25th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Prickly Cactus

Man...I played 3 more games of Robinson Crusoe and kept getting my butt kicked. That first (of the 4 played in 2 days) was the closest I've gotten to winning.

Time to get rid of the Adventurer character and try out the Carpenter.

Old May 25th, 2014, 11:49 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I've played at least 4 games of Bohnanza in the last week. A great little bean-farming/trading game. I was actually a little surprised at how much I enjoyed it, but I really like it now. The sweet spot seems to be 4-5 payers. 3 players doesn't give you quite enough people to trade with and 6-7 makes for too many people competing for the same types of beans, but it's always fun. I haven't tried the 2-player rules yet but provably will before too long.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 25th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Prickly Cactus

Bohnanza is a fun game.

Old May 25th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

I am trying to set up something for tomorrow, we'll see.

Quote:
Man...I played 3 more games of Robinson Crusoe and kept getting my butt kicked. That first (of the 4 played in 2 days) was the closest I've gotten to winning.

The Carpenter and the Cook have been my goto solo characters so far. Tough to win, but still fun in losing. This and Dark, Darker, Darkest are my favorite solo games because of their difficulty. I have only come close to winning DDD once in about 8 or 9 tries and I still look forward to it.
Old May 25th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:

Quote:

The Carpenter and the Cook have been my goto solo characters so far. Tough to win, but still fun in losing. This and Dark, Darker, Darkest are my favorite solo games because of their difficulty. I have only come close to winning DDD once in about 8 or 9 tries and I still look forward to it.

Well hopefully you get WWE going, I'm sure it will be fun.

I tried again just now with the Carpenter and lost. I haven't had luck early in the games in exploring to a tile that has shelter, so I end up taking wounds from sleeping outside, and then have to waste an action to build a shelter before I can even get the roof going. Man, once that weather hits, it's devastating. I'll try something different next time to see what happens. Won't be today, as I have to run out and get a new storm door and try to install it, as the other one got trashed when it was left ajar slightly and the wind caught it and now it doesn't close right. Man...storms getting me both in games and real life

DDD sounds cool too. It's one I've considered, but between RC and LOTR: the card game, I've got my hands full with good solo games. Then of course I have others that can be played solo as well.

Old May 25th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:

Quote:

Played 6 or 7 games of DDD since I got it last month and really enjoy it. Haven't tried solo play yet though, maybe I will give it a try this week, although one of my favorite aspects of the game is the interaction and teamwork between the players. We won a 5 player game last night that was really fun, I built a house that had lots of cameras, making moving through the house very though, and allowed us to fight 3 creatures over the course of the game (last time we didn't fight any!). I'm hoping that my gaming group will catch on soon since running the entire game can take away from the actual gameplay IMO.

I've been wanting to get Robinson Crusoe for a while, but the high price tag has turned me off, for now, I will have to stick to cheaper alternatives .
Old May 26th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Prickly Cactus

Removed my old storm door, went and bought another one and installed it yesterday. Yikes what a pain, as in basically having to assemble every bloody part of the door/frame etc. But it's installed and one more thing off the "honey do" list.

Well I finally won the first scenario of Robinson Crusoe, and barely won it by the closest margin (1 health left) with the carpenter. Had some darn predators taking away all the food at my camp. Fortunately I had built a bed earlier, so on the 2nd to last round, all I did was take 2 rest actions to get 4 health back and 2 determination instead of just 2 health back w/o the bed. Then the weather hit and I lost all that health and then 1 more in the beginning of the last round when my morale was -3 and I only had 2 determination to give. So that took me to my last health and fortunately I had built a hatchet earlier to be able to get 2 wood during production phase and immediately put them on the wood pile as the last 2 needed to win.

Got my win in, so now time to pack it up.

Edit: Doh! Just looked at the rules again when I was putting this away and found that I should have gotten +1 morale at the beginning of each round solo. That certainly would have helped some in all of those games

Edit: Edit: Just got done playing Love Letter and Flash Point: Fire Rescue with my daughters. Paige won Love Letter 5 to 4 (me) to 3 (Morgan). And we managed to win Flashpoint by rescuing 8 of the 10 before the building collapsed. We only needed 7, but pushed the envelope to rescue another one

Last edited by Hahma; May 26th, 2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old May 26th, 2014, 05:19 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Played Libertalia, Ticket to Ride, The Resistance, and Cards vs. Dice recently. All fun games and each of them serve a nice purpose.

Cards vs. Dice is a nice filler game, taking about 10-15min per game. The Resistance takes about 30min each game but you always want to play more games. Ticket to Ride and Libertalia are more lengthy but Ticket to Ride is a Train game while Libertalia is cool Pirate game.
Old May 26th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Played Libertalia, Ticket to Ride, The Resistance, and Cards vs. Dice recently. All fun games and each of them serve a nice purpose.

Cards vs. Dice is a nice filler game, taking about 10-15min per game. The Resistance takes about 30min each game but you always want to play more games. Ticket to Ride and Libertalia are more lengthy but Ticket to Ride is a Train game while Libertalia is cool Pirate game.

I dig Libertalia. Fun game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games