Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 31st, 2008, 10:55 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker
Colors of the Ninja Garb

I would like to go ahead and apologize if this has already been brought up. I have tried searching for this and I gained no results. If necessary, de-rep me for my silliness.

I happened to noticed that the clothing of the Ninja Heroes somewhat represent the alliance of the Valkyrie Generals.

-Isamu wears the color red, Utgar's primary faction color.
-Shiori spots the color purple, one of Einar's colors.
-Moriko wears both green and brown, obviously Ullar.
-And lastly, Otonashi wears black, although it isn't necessarily one of Vydar's colors, I would say it's close enough to match Vydar's dark gray card borders.

This theory leads me to believe that if Jandar is to receive a ninja, it will be sporting the color blue, or more likely white (IMHO.) And if Aquilla harnesses her summoning abilities, she just might gain a yellow ninja.

This is something that clicked in my head a few moments ago to be perfectly honest. If it has been already been discussed I am truly sorry for wasting anyone's time. However, if this hasn't been brought into view, I am very eager to read everybody's opinions on the matter.
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:13 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart
Re: Colors of the Ninja Garb

I have noticed this too,
I have also noticed that Isamu is the only male and hes fighting for the 'evil' side
and then Shiori, Moriko, and Otonashi are all female and fight for the
'good' side

so maybe we can say Jandars might be female? and maybe aquilla's (once we know if she's 'good' or 'evil')

DeadEye
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:30 PM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Don't forget about the Ninjas of the Northern Wind. All clad in black, 2 male, 1 female, all fighting for Einar.

I agree that if Jandar ever gets a ninja (s)he will be clothed in white (which would probably look like this )

I'll also mention that when I first saw Otonashi (this would be at last year's GenCon before anyone here knew the name or stats) I should she would be for Aquilla because of the yellow belt.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:33 PM

true about the NotNW but i think it was about the hero figs.

No heres Jandars ninja

I also agree about Otonashi, I thought she would be for Aquilla.

DeadEye
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:48 PM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

Actually DeadEye, Aquilla is confirmed to be on the side of good, and not just a neutral who sided with Jandar. It's stated the Official FAQs. (Link below.)
http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...vanced-FAQ.pdf
I also find the whole gender thing to be a simple coincidence. If you strongly believe it was intensional I won't make you think otherwise. You are correct in a sense that I'm trying to focus on the Ninja Heroes rather than squads.

And Clarissimus, very amusing. I remember watching that video before, but having forgot about it, it truly put a smile on my face.
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:18 AM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

I also thought Otonashi would be for Aquilla... Imagine my dissapointment. Einar and Jandar are my two favorites right now, So a Jandar ninja would be cool... But definitely an Aquilla ninja, as she is steadily becoming another favorite.
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:02 AM

I see where you are coming from. I just couldn't remeber the exact wording if Aquilla was confirmed 'good' or 'neutral' when I posted last.

I don't strongly beleive it but I just found it interesting about the gender.

DeadEye
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:06 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Well, yeah... but a BUNCH of Utgar's men are red, a BUNCH of Ullar's men are green, Einar's not lacking any purple/gold figures, and black is DEFINITELY in for Vydar.

Not saying I disagree with you - Jandar's ninja would likely be white - but it's nothing specific to the ninja.

Oh, and Aquilla's ninja would probably be swamp-themed. It just makes more sense.
Old September 1st, 2008, 05:20 AM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart

Looking on the Bio from the Hasbro page (for Shiori) there was a comment about four companions (though I read it just now and it presently says 5). I've been assuming that those 'companions' are the three female ninja's so far revealed, and probably another that will be a hero for Aquilla.

I might be entirely wrong on this, but the three girl ninjas showing up at around the same time (conceptually, I know the sets have been nicely spread out) lead me to that conclusion. It could be Shiori got lost with some other pals, 'Tashi and Moriko got pulled into Vahalla by seperate means. It is also possible that Isamu is one of those 4 (now 5) and that the last one to join in will be the last hero ninja ("Blasphemy and horror!" I hear from the peanut gallery).

I think an army with all the classically good and heroic types, such as Jandar's, wouldn't employ assassins as such (disregard the 'Crons, they have a different motivation). While the other ninja's (excluding Isamu) have in their Bios fairly positive 'good' hero write ups, there is that assassin side to ninjas that I don't think make them ideal for that army's roster. I see the other 'good' armies having 'good'-ish ninjas, but for some reason I just don't see one being summoned by Jandar. Even a ninja hired to kill for a just cause is still a killer. Jandar's forces seem more like defenders (that have to kill if necessary).

Unless the ninja had some sort of ability to knock off order markers ala Dünd or Silver Surfer.

Granted, not all armies have what I consider to be a logical make-up. Personality-wise, Wild McCreach in Einar's army still seems a bit off to me, but if McCreach keeps the kind of order that I think Einar desires (as expressed in another of my long winded brain farts), then I guess he makes sense where he is. It still seems a little odd to me (and Epoch as expressed in the same thread a page earlier).
Old September 1st, 2008, 09:37 AM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Actually, the five heroes in Shiori's bio are Drake, Raelin, Q10, Sonlen, and Shiori. It's talking about the part of the HeroScape story where those five are sent into the swamp.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:07 AM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

I really hope they keep the ninjas coming for a good long while... They need to expand Einar's, at least...
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:29 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

Do we really think Jandar would get a backstabbin' ninja?

I would think a brightly colored ninja would be less successful than one like Otonashi.

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units