Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 24th, 2006, 11:29 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneDragon
We hardly ever played with glyphs...

One variation that makes them a little more balanced is to allow the unit/hero to pick up the glyph and put it on their army card. The glyph only affects that card and each card may only keep 1 glyph at a time.
We often play this way also. Very pleasant!

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old August 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
The variant we played uses the artifact glyph.
Its just sitting there, and the first unit to get to it puts it on their army card (be it squad or hero)
The card gets +1 to both offense and defense.
If its a squad, all members of the squad get it.
But when the first of that squad dies, it gets laid where that squadmember died, for anyone to pick up.
(thus is risk for having a powerful enhancement on a squad, more risk of losing than a hero).
Old August 24th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I agree with LoneDragon, during the very few times we actually use glyphs, we make them like little equipment or magic items found on the battle field that enhance that figure. Actually we dont even let it affect the entire card, just that one figure so it balances pretty well. You pick it up and carry it with you, if you die, it lays where the figure died until someone else picks it up.
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:02 PM

how about after someone dies on a glyph, (or artifact variant) you roll d20 to see if the bloody thing broke or not.
Old August 25th, 2006, 12:37 AM

LoneDragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
The other way we do it is to take 2 duplicate sets of glyphs, shuffle them and place one set on each side of the board face down. That way each player has an equal chance and one player doesnt randomly get all the good glyphs.

Also, Im not sure if its an official rule, but glyphs never stack. Like if you have the +1 defense and the +2 defense, you only get +2.

+2 defense is the one we most considered to be overpowered.

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and occasionally a strawberry yoohoo.

Good Trades: R˙chean, Vydar, kboleen, Hahma
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:04 AM

madmanmuzik has disabled reputation
I agree the +2 defense and +4 range are generally more powerful than the initiative +8.

Also, Roufus, you're my new hero. ^_______^
Old August 25th, 2006, 10:08 AM

Well thank you.
I am humbled.
Old August 25th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneDragon
Also, Im not sure if its an official rule, but glyphs never stack. Like if you have the +1 defense and the +2 defense, you only get +2.
Sure they do.
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:09 PM

Pyschro has disabled reputation
We actually dont even use Glyphs anymore. If, and this is rarely, we do they are mystery and placed upsidedown. Since I only have 1 MS, 1 VW and 2 RtFF using glyphs seems a bit overpowered on the usually relatively small maps.
Old August 25th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
We recently stopped using the +2D glyph due to it obviously being a game breaker... but the other glyphs are fine in my book.

+4 range isn't a problem either. Sure, it can scary facing it, but as someone mentioned, as long as you have good obstacles, and not just a flat open-ground battlefield, it doesn't make a HUGE difference.

I have 8 sets of ruin walls and 5 sets of RTTFF trees.... makes for PLENTY of cover for melee units!

Good battleground creation with good LOS obstructions is what keeps the game in balance between ranged and melee units.

For me, the scariest glyph is typically the move +2! Not broken, but almost more advantageous than the +1 Attack, IMHO.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old August 25th, 2006, 06:24 PM

Avenger has disabled reputation
The only glyphs we use are the temporary ones, like sturla, kelda, mitonsoul, and erland. The only other ones we use are dagmar, lodin, and the wind one.
Old August 25th, 2006, 06:45 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
My group always uses glyphs. It always seems that Lodin is the game breaker though. That last ditch mindshackle always seems to work when you have Lucky Lodin.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's