Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old December 6th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
NorCal Tourney - 01/26/08 '510 in the 510' (pics pg. 14)

Date: Jan 26, 2008
Time: 11:00 AM sharp (if your late you lose)
Place: The Hobnob, 1313 park steet, Alameda (between encinal ave & alameda ave.) (LINK)

Attendees:
  • 1. Satyr
    2. Wind Lane
    3. RoninValentina
    4. Dnutt
    5. Alastair MacDirk
    6. Aldin
    7. S1R_ART0R1US
    8. Hex_Enduction_Hour
    9. Aloenzo
    10. Malechi
    11. 1moreheroscaper
    12. G-nator
    13. Sexymama
    14. Racer X
    15. Valentina's Seppuku
    16. Cantrollskulls
    17. Heretic
    18. Cantrollskulls Either
    19. Another 1morescaper
    The event has a 20 person limit
Format: Swiss System Tournament with final placement based on:
  • 1st – Win/Loss Record
    2nd – Strength of Schedule
    3rd – Point Differential (based on the end of game scoring per the rule book)
Armies:
  • Each player is to bring 16 cards to the tournament. Each player is limited to 4 “A List” cards from Spider Poison’s Heroscape power ranking (see below). At the beginning of each game roll a d20 to determine starting zones, opponents will then combine their cards to create a draft pool of 32 cards. Players will have 2 minutes to review their combined draft pool. Each player will then draft a 510 point army from their combined draft pool. The winner of a d20 roll will draft first. Drafting will follow the procedure outlined in the rule book. The drafting of cards will be limited to 45 seconds per card (the second player gets 1.5 minutes for their 2 card draft). There will be an offical time keeper. Once time is called players must select a card. A player must place drafted units in their starting zone before their next turn drafting. Each card of a common squad must be drafted separately. Common squads may be split between players. Only one of each unique unit may drafted into a game.

Players will be limited to 4 cards from units ranked A+, A, or A- on Spider Poison’s Heroscape Power Ranking (LINK)
Maps:
  • Arctic Divide (LINK) - Slippery Ice ONLY

Satyr and Aldin to provide Arctic Divide maps and Glyphs

Highways and Dieways (LINK)

Satyr and WindLane to provide Highways and Dieways maps and Glyphs

Ember Canyon (LINK)

H_E_H and WindLane to provide Ember Canyon maps and Glyphs

Swamp Thing (LINK)

Dnutt and RoninValentina to provide Swamp Thing maps and Glyphs

Turret Rocks (LINK)

S1R_ART0R1US and 1moreheroscaper to provide Turret Rocks maps and Glyphs
Glyphs:
  • Glyphs will be selected from a glyph pool and placed face-up on the map before drafting. Each map will have the following 7 glyphs in their pool:

+1 Unique Attack Glyph (Ulaniva)
    +1 Common Attack Glyph (Crevcor)
    +1 Defense Glyph (Gerda)
    +2 Move Glyph (Valda)
    +1 D20 Glyph (Lodin)
    +8 initiative Glyph (Dagmar)
    Summon Glyph (Erland)

Time Limit: Games will be limited to 50 minutes

Prizes: The NorCal title and trophy are on the table.

What to bring:
  • $$$ for food and drink (full bar) ... the entrance fee
    16 cards & associated figures
    A list of the cards, with thier power rankings and point values
    Dice
    Order Markers
    Wound/Other Markers
Game On!!!

Tournament Results

UPDATED 1/27/08

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old December 6th, 2007, 02:50 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness
uh...Is Oaktown Oakland?
Old December 6th, 2007, 03:43 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
First off, glad to see you're still alive.

How's the bathroom? Done yet?

Endgame cool!

You know what I want; I just want to play the freakin' game!

And, of course, see if I can score more free beer from the waitresses across the street and keep my record going!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old December 6th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Tournament Director Deluxe

Satyr is surprisingly tart
Yes, I'm still alive, loud, and spastic.
No, the bathroom is still in progress, but mostly functional.

Mal, I hope we cross paths this time ... it's been over a year (between busy schedules and truck troubles).

S1R_ART0R1US, yes Oaktown = Oakland. The only official Oaktown in the entire US is in Indiana ... at least according to Mapquest and Google Maps. So have no fear that you are in the right place, just fear for your survival.

Cry endgame and let slip the doggin of war.
Old December 6th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr
... just fear for your survival.
Hey! We only lost two players last time at Endgame! ... And, that was only because you wouldn't pay the ransom!

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old December 6th, 2007, 10:09 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Hey, I'm up for it. I feel like we were needing another get-together/tournament.
I haven't been leaving too many posts recently, but I have been able to organized a Heroscape Gameday for some of my students! The school program is even providing t-shirts for the participants. It looks like we will have 14 students, and they will get to ditch school as play Heroscape--since they have to write 1-2 Battle Report on one of the games.

A tournament sounds great! I just want to play, and the same style keeps things simple.

I don't have any beef with the official figures, and I am glad that the army points have been pusj to 500.

Last thing, I think I found another valley player, at my local Target. I have never seen any adult males buying HS at Target, but a couple of nights ago I did. So I approached him about the game (like the HS geek that I am), and yes he's into the game and most likely will be up for future gamedays and tournaments.

Satyr is you need any map support, let me know.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old December 7th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Man, not even roborats could keep me away.

500 pts is great, BoV maps work. I'm indifferent about unit bans. I'll be happy to contribute in anyway I can, and happier still to take the trophy or a prize off your hands.

Yay! Now I have a reason to check the events forum again!

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old December 8th, 2007, 02:48 AM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation
An idea about the armies.... most of it stolen from an idea of R˙chean's (one of the posters to this board that I respect most). A tourney that has drafting!!!!!!! Yes a crazy notion considering that a draft can take some time. But each player brings 20 army cards and their figures. Then opponents combine the cards they brought to make a draft pool. The limited choices should help speed the draft (timers???), but also allow for some intersting battles without the typical powergaming tourney armies where you know you are going to see endless Q-9/10, Kaemon Awa, Rats, Raelin, Krav, AE... haven't we been there and done that?

Also... I don't know how scrupulously you've combed Hasbro's website or whether this has already been covered.... but in "designer's corner" the guy who did the Hulk says this.... "PS. It’s a proven fact that if you yell “HULK SMASH!!!” every time you roll dice against an opponent’s figure, you will roll more skulls and they will roll fewer shields. Believe me, I do it every time. It works." LINK: http://www.hasbro.com/games/kid-game...nity/Designers

Isn't that freaking copywright infringement?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old December 8th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think I'd be game to go, but my HS collection is pretty lacking, but hopefully Christmas will change that. What dates are you thinking about?
Old December 9th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US
I think I'd be game to go, but my HS collection is pretty lacking, but hopefully Christmas will change that. What dates are you thinking about?
Not that I can volunteer other people's 'Scape, but most of the people I'd gamed with have more figures than I do, and they're pretty generous about lending out a few units if you need 'em. I'm willing to lend out what I do have, so yeah.

As for a drafting tourney? I remember that thread and I want to try it- I really do. But this would at least be my first chance for a 'standard' tourney also, and I'm pretty p-s-yched about building and trying out a competitive army. On the other hand, I suspect I'd do better by drafting. Hmm... probably still prefer a standard tourney, but only just.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old December 9th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Reigning NorCal Champ

Alastair MacDirk has disabled reputation
It's not that I've played all that many standard tourneys where you bring 1 army. But I've done a few and it gets boring playing the same army 4 games in a row. I've got a pretty unbeatable tourney army and if I really wanted to try and win again I would just bring the same as it has proved to be fairly bulletproof. I won the Norcal title with it and the army had more to do with that than my stellar play did. If there were varied maps and you had to draft an army that suited each in the tourney, you'd get some very interesting and competetive battles and there would be so many combinations played over the day. A single army tourney determines which is the best army as well as who was the best player that day. If you include a draft, then each players HS savvy (to draft an army for synergy on a given map, and to strategically play a varied spectrum of HS figures) is tested over the course of the tourney. Also if we each bring 20 cards of figures we will see some figures that would NEVER make a tourney army played competitively. If we have premade armies we all know we are going to see the typical tourney fare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB
And I have a man crush on good looking robots.

Old December 9th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Under Taro's Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US
Not that I can volunteer other people's 'Scape, but most of the people I'd gamed with have more figures than I do, and they're pretty generous about lending out a few units if you need 'em. I'm willing to lend out what I do have, so yeah.
I can build an army for myself, but for the draft, I don't really have all that much to contribute.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events