Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Master Set 3?
I love it and will be buying multiples! 89 35.89%
I'll get one just because I collect all heroscape. 48 19.35%
I'll just be getting it for the terrain. 10 4.03%
I would have liked it more if it was seperate like Marvelscape. 26 10.48%
I hate the idea of D&D with Heroscape at all. 22 8.87%
It's okay. 23 9.27%
I think I'll get it one just because it strikes my curiosity. 30 12.10%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 15th, 2009, 03:02 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker
Re: Thoughts on Master Set 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac View Post
One concern that I do have is that the Heroscape sculpts are always much better (in my opinion) than the D&D sculpts and I hope we don't get D&D quality sculpts or paint jobs. (I know, I read about the painting improvement to bring the current sculpts up to Heroscape standards) <--That right there says that our game is quality.
D&D Minis Rare figures were pretty good. The Uncommons were decent sometimes, but the Commons were absolutely horrendous rubbish. Cheap thin plastic, garbage paint jobs and cheesy stances.
And you explained, in much better terms than I could have, what my concern is.

+Rep
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:14 PM

Lucas the beast is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I don't get all the hate surrounding this master set I am excited that it is bringing new types of terrain and ten new figures into the heroscape realm however this does NOT seem like a good master set for beginners. I view it more as two large expansion sets. And I am speculating but I'm guessing that if your on a shadow hex a figure has to be next to you to attack you because they wouldn't have LOS.

-Lucas
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:19 PM

CyberClaw16 Woo who?

It seems Heroscape just started to flesh out it's own themes, like elves and marros for example. Aquilla as well seems to be going new and creative places. I really think they have so many great ideas going on that trying to blend it with a D&D is a bit chaotic and off-putting for a lot of fans. There is more than enough heroes to work with in HS already. It may just be the next Marvel set with over the top and powerful characters?
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:23 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
We needed another thread about this???
Counting is hard.
Fixed!!!
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:50 PM

Biggie is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising View Post
I think I may be done purchasing Scape after I get my Wave 10 common packs. Been a long run, but what I see so far doesn't interest me in the slightest.
I feel the same way. If this was just an off-shoot like Marvel was, then fine. But to make this the Master Set 3, kind of suggests that it will be a theme for awhile. I hope I'm wrong. Hopefully they will be coming out with Aquilla FB, more Vydar and new terrain.

It's just a "game"?
Old August 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

I'll buy it just to give it a chance, but I am very displeased with Wizards and how they are taking Heroscape in this direction. Hopefully this will just be some neat little "Exclusive Wizards pack for the new management" or something along this line. But if this continues you can count me out on buying anymore.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:10 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I'm somewhere between your first two options. I'll probably buy two sets for the terrain. I'm very excited to get new figures, but given that we're getting new figures I'm comparatively less excited by these ones compared to, say, marro, soulborgs or humans (it's not the D&D thing; it's a more general subgenre-preference thing).
This sums up my feelings pretty well.

Like others have said, I hope this doesn't mean that this is the direction that Heroscape will continue to go in. I don't mind it as a one-off thing, or even an occasional expansion set, but I still want to be seeing new waves of marro, vipers, soulborgs, and the rest (okay maybe not more marro, but you know what I mean).

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:35 PM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

I was hoping for a new Master Set to be closing some of the existing army themes (Vikings, Cowboys, Knights, Valkyries etc.). While there might be a Dwarf in the new set, it seems like there will be mostly new types of armies this time.
Marros and Samurai are the only armies I can think of that could be left as is. I feel like there are beginning to be too many loose ends in the army build. So my excitement for this set will actually depend on what we'll see in a wave 11 release.
Also, 10 miniatures is not that many to base a whole game on. Im curious to find out how new players will be looking at the game, after a few plays.

I am so, so, about this set. But I'll be buying multiples to get more terrain.
I hope this is done to get a new Master Set on the shelves of Walmart, without it being too expensive to produce. If the future of Heroscape is to simply do repaints of other lines, I don't know for how long I'll be buying Scape in the amounts I do today.

Last edited by DBC; August 15th, 2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:39 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
My feelings?

Lets just say, my entire heroscape collection is going to be on ebay soon...

... The only salvation would be if this was another OnyxViper type hoax.
I can understand not buying more if you don't like it, but selling what you already have becasue of the new stuff is quite the over reaction.
He was selling it in the trade thread before the DnD Master set was even announced.

Old August 15th, 2009, 06:42 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

I personaly dislike the idea that it is classic heroscape. It would be okay with me if it was like marvel is.

Boise ID Scaper
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:56 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Im pumped for this master set. Wave 10 was just okay, but this seems like a great idea. It draws more people into the game. The only concern I have is if this is the end of classic scape. While it is probable, I doubt it. Truth and co. work on it, and I dont think they would let classic scape slip without a fight.
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:58 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
My feelings?

Lets just say, my entire heroscape collection is going to be on ebay soon...

... The only salvation would be if this was another OnyxViper type hoax.
I can understand not buying more if you don't like it, but selling what you already have becasue of the new stuff is quite the over reaction.
Cav, shhhhh..... let him go, I can always use some cheap 'Scape on ebay.

I'll be getting one of the new Master Set, hoping that the Drow squad is unique and that ALL Heroscape will not be D&Dscape from now on.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion