Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 30th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!
Re: In need of a new town

Vermont is indeed nice, but I'd argue that the jobs are all commute-heavy. My cousin lived there for 20 years and the economy is a bit on the shaky side.

Vermont also has the 19th highest tax rate in the nation. Kentucky is ranked 41st! (Take that, Liberals! )

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/topic/30.html is a good site to see about tax rankings.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 30th, 2009, 11:59 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here are some examples of local houses that are currently on the market.

http://www.vlshomes.com/homeshark/li...isting=5588055 474k
http://www.vlshomes.com/homeshark/li...isting=5582071 275k
http://www.vlshomes.com/homeshark/li...isting=5586178 364k

Just to give you an idea of the range of houses. Notice that these houses are more expensive than in Kentucky, and smaller too, but you have to think that people in this area generally are more highly paid. Yes, this is a mainly commuting place, but we are very close to New York (about an hour with ideal traffic, though you know New York traffic is killer) which is a mecha for jobs.
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:02 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

Boise, Idaho is probably one of the best towns you will ever find. It has all of your bullets(hopes in a town) but I have found one other scaper Boise besides myself. However I assume that scape will take more of a backseat in this decsion. Good luck!

Boise ID Scaper
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

I would lobby for Wichita and the surrounding area (Goddard, Derby, Andover, or Maize). All the school systems around here are pretty rock solid. My sister just bought a nice house for 100k. The basement needs finished, but once that's done, it can easily be a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom. I think our house was 3 bedroom 2 bath even with the basement unfinished and we got it for lik3 250k. Now it's a 5 bedroom 3 bath. The economy is kinda crappy due to it being the air capitol what with all the airline layoffs, but the city is always looking for law enforcement help. Also, it's listed in the top 10 easiest cities to live in given housing market, economy, and cost of living as of a few years ago. Check it out.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Vermont is indeed nice, but I'd argue that the jobs are all commute-heavy. My cousin lived there for 20 years and the economy is a bit on the shaky side.
True, but probably also true of most rural places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT
Vermont also has the 19th highest tax rate in the nation. Kentucky is ranked 41st! (Take that, Liberals! )

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/topic/30.html is a good site to see about tax rankings.
Remember, we crazy liberals think that tax is a good thing. 19th is pretty disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades Fan
You forgot that Vermont is widely considered the safest place in the USA.. so you won't have to lock your doors!
There was a murder a month or so ago in Brattleboro. However, I think that is only the second one this year in the whole state.
Old July 30th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Yeah......... about that.

We are also ranked 6th highest in poverty, while Vermont is 41st in poverty rates.

So, go us!!!!!

Always look at the whole picture - I love kentucky but don't head here for great job oppurtunities unless you look at Louisville or Lexington. Education fluctuates horribly also.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Don't come to Minnesota! 5th highest tax rate in the nation! (not to mention our shamefully (and sham-fully) "elected" Senator Frackin' Franken....

However, we do have some excellent 'Scapin folk in the area!

Good luck on your move!!!

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 30th, 2009, 01:34 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:

We are also ranked 6th highest in poverty, while Vermont is 41st in poverty rates.

So, go us!!!!!

Always look at the whole picture - I love kentucky but don't head here for great job oppurtunities unless you look at Louisville or Lexington. Education fluctuates horribly also.
What's the reason for the high poverty rates? What sort of jobs are available in Louisville and Lexington that make moving there worth while?

Is there a Linen company by the name of Mission Linen and Uniform Serviceback east? I drove for them out here before I was laid off and was making $17.34 per hour but the housing market is very expensive here.
Old July 30th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:

What's the reason for the high poverty rates?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT
Vermont also has the 19th highest tax rate in the nation. Kentucky is ranked 41st!
Old July 30th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Because, basically outside of those two areas (excluding some medium sized college towns or areas near other big cities like Cinncinatti) Kentucky is rural with a capitol R. Therefore little industury or infrastructure compared to the main 2 cities.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 View Post
Don't come to Minnesota! 5th highest tax rate in the nation! (not to mention our shamefully (and sham-fully) "elected" Senator Frackin' Franken....

However, we do have some excellent 'Scapin folk in the area!

Good luck on your move!!!
Funny, only New Hampshire only has a lower poverty rate than Minnesota.

Old July 30th, 2009, 02:13 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The hardest thing for me right now in knowing the proper questions to ask.
  • Who here has changed states and how did they move successfully?
  • What hardships were involved and how were challenges overcome?
  • How did you find a job in your new state?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General