Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old August 9th, 2007, 10:15 PM

TartanDoc has disabled reputation
Wow! Lots of action here!

I haven't checked this thread for awhile, and now there's all sorts of gaming planned! I'm planning on coming out on TUesday the 14th to try this out. What is the set up? bring your own 400pt army?

looking forward to getting a game or three in.

TD
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:24 AM

EyeOfSauron knows what's in an order marker EyeOfSauron knows what's in an order marker EyeOfSauron knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bomb
15 yrs old sounds like its not a kid to me EOS, your son seemed very mature/cool - far more than many of my college acquaintances. I say let em come if they would like.
Thanks T-bomb. So we will keep 15 and older as the standing "adults" ages for now (until someone with a really mature 14 yr. old comes along ) However, like loserguy, my son won't be able to make the 14th anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-bomb
EOS, can you take care of reserving some tables at All Fun and Games again? (it doesn't cost anything to do so does it? b/c if it does then we can trade off reserving it)
Doesn't cost anything. I will call tomorrow and reserve 4 tables for Tues 7-10pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TartanDoc
I haven't checked this thread for awhile, and now there's all sorts of gaming planned! I'm planning on coming out on TUesday the 14th to try this out. What is the set up? bring your own 400pt army?
TartanDoc, glad to have you! Last time we did "bring your own" 400 pt armies and that seemed to work well. Bring your own dice, order markers, cards, etc. too.

As far as the maps...we could do a couple of small maps with a few players each or a massive battle like last time. I can bring all my tiles but it would probably be better if somebody has time to assemble (at least partially) before game time...I won't because I'm out of town this weekend. Any volunteers?

Also, I was thinking we could kind of kick around opinions on how we want to run things since it looks like this could become a regular thing. So, everybody be thinking about:
  • How often a month to play, when, where? (it doesn't always have to be Tues at AF&G...there is a gaming store in N. Raleigh called The Lost Goblin)

Do we want to consider a tournament at some point? What rules would we use? Sponsors? Prizes?

Do we want to do something for the unofficial "National Heroscape Day" in October?

Do we want to hook up with the G'boro guys occasionally?
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:52 AM

loserguy has disabled reputation
It seems to me like Lost Goblin Games has its open gaming night on Tuesdays as well. However, they are only open until 9pm, so thats less 'scaping time for us. Seems like it works the same way though, as in, call ahead to reserve tables, show up, and play til they kick us out.
That is also a much more convenient location for me to come to.

EOS, yes to all questions and about twice a month sounds good to me.

I guess I'll see everyone on the 21st.

Oh btw, I wont be there right at 7:00, but maybe like 7:30 at the latest. I hope thats o.k.

11 RotV - 5 RttFF - 5 FotA - 5 VW - 5 TT- 5 MS
Full Waves 1,2,4,5,6,7
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:38 AM

reluctant has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron
How often a month to play, when, where? (it doesn't always have to be Tues at AF&G...there is a gaming store in N. Raleigh called The Lost Goblin)
I think twice a month is perfect... enough to keep me happy without upsetting the wife too much I think occasionally alternating nights of the week could help to get more people to come out. Of course, whoever is doing the organizing should decide the day of the week that is best for him/her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron
Do we want to hook up with the G'boro guys occasionally?
Sure, that could be fun. We can expand our horizons some and get to know more people.

Thanks again for everyone keeping this going. It's been a real pleasure to find people to play with.

reluctant
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:33 PM

reluctant,

alternating nights sounds good to me too. I bet it would work if we got together Monday nights at AF&G in Cary and Tuesday nights at LGG. We could meet once at each location per month. Every other week will probably work for most people that are trying to find a place to play on a regular basis.

Just my thoughts.

Also, if we decide to set up a date for Lost Goblin, I could be the one to reserve tables, if that sounds good.

Full Waves 1,2,4,5,6,7
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:00 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!
I'm unable to make it on a weeknight, ever. Do you guys have anything planned for a weekend? I work full time and I'm an amateur athlete trying to compete on a professional level, so training takes up most of my free time on weekdays, and competing takes some of my weekends too.

I'm thinking about trying to host a game sometime. I have too much 'scape stuff to transport and I have a huge house (with no furniture) so that would be much more convenient for me.
Old August 11th, 2007, 12:33 AM

Sounds good for a weekend tourney sometime Hogg. That will work since all the gaming stores only do open play on weeknights.

Full Waves 1,2,4,5,6,7
Old August 11th, 2007, 03:34 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
If there was a tourney that I could make I would donate a piece of custom terrain as a prize.
Old August 12th, 2007, 09:00 AM

bhsdude has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids
If there was a tourney that I could make I would donate a piece of custom terrain as a prize.
Hey I'm New and Loserguy is my brother but we share sets and all that jazz. I will participate in any tournys that are near raleigh and will put something up for a prize like customs if there is a good turnout.

Old August 13th, 2007, 05:49 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!
EOV MS

Did one of you guys grab the EOV MS at Knightdale Walmart? I went by Friday night and it was gone.
Old August 13th, 2007, 06:15 PM

EyeOfSauron knows what's in an order marker EyeOfSauron knows what's in an order marker EyeOfSauron knows what's in an order marker
***REMINDER****
Heroscape Free Play at All Fun & Games in Cary tomorrow night, Tuesday 8/14 from 7-10pm.

We have four tables. If you can, please bring an assembled map or a "section" of assembled map we can combine.

We can try to get a couple standard games going and maybe even a Marvel (my Marvel set is in Florida with my kids, so if you have one, bring it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsdude
I will participate in any tourneys that are near raleigh and will put something up for a prize like customs if there is a good turnout.
Welcome bhsdude! I like where things are going with the interest in a tourney and people offering to make prizes. I have some items I can contribute as well.

The main question is, do we want to try and do a tourney in September, or should we wait for "National HS Day" in October? Doing a small one in Septemember could give us a dry-run for the "real deal"...
Old August 14th, 2007, 12:13 PM

reluctant has disabled reputation
Not going to be able to make it tonight, but I hope there's a great turnout and that these mini-events continue to be scheduled.

reluctant

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers