Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old April 4th, 2019, 11:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Good "Valley" and "Canyon" Maps

Looking for suggestions for good maps where the start zone or area in front of start zone is higher than the middle of the map, and there is a "valley" or "canyon" that is the lowest level that cuts ALL the way through the map DIVIDING the start zone. This is important - there cannot be a way "around" the valley/canyon, and preferably it is mostly in the middle of the map although if it "snakes" so part is closer to your start zone that is fine as long as you cannot get to this part in one move of 6 - you should have to "work" to cross it. Preferably the valley is at least part 1/2 height tiles such as water, swamp water, dungeon, or ice. However a road that goes through the valley is also a great idea, as these maps are by very nature harder on melee armies and they will have spots for range to snipe at and it takes longer for melee to "climb out of" the hill. Also obstructions in front of part of the valley that blocks being shot at from above is also great (don't see much in examples below). Searching for "valley" and "canyon" in downloads here are some ones I found, but asking for suggestions for good tournament worthy maps that are somehow just as easy on range as melee but with a true dividing valley.

Peace In The Valley

Valley Run

Worm Valley Marsh

The Valley of Odin

Stonegate Dam

Stonegate Dam 2.0

Ember Canyon Road

Goblin Canyon RoV Edition

Goblin Canyon

Canyon

Between a Canyon & a Bypass (just get rid of bypass)

Whitewater Canyon

Metropolis

Multi-player
Cinder Ravine Roads

Charos' Canyon

Last edited by lefton4ya; April 4th, 2019 at 12:11 PM.
Old April 4th, 2019, 11:48 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Good "Valley Maps"

Well met!

Something like this?

Old April 4th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Good "Valley" and "Canyon" Maps

If you're specifically looking for tournament-worthy maps that capitalize on the canyon/valley theme, it's going to be tough. The problem is that if the highest ground is by your start zone, why would you ever leave it if you're running range? And that just makes for non-interactive maps. Badru Valley is good, but doesn't have the high ground by the start zones like you're looking for.

Remnant has potential -- I've played it a couple times and it works okay, but there are still plenty of ways to exploit it which is worrying for competitive play. It also has the high ground on the sides unlike what you're looking for, though it does really get the canyon theme going. I have always thought that Guerilla looks intriguing, but haven't played on it. The Wannok glyphs in the middle seem like they would help, though I think a lot of games would still just be a ranged army sitting in their start zone while the melee army waits for the end of the round to jump on the Wannok glyphs, then get shot off the next round.No Man's Land uses the Thorian glyph to try to balance it, which is interesting, but still ultimately a charge the hill scenario.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 4th, 2019, 03:18 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@BiggaBullfrog - Thanks for looking and responding. Remnant and Bardu Valley don't have what I am looking for which is not necessarily height in start zone, but rather a Vally ACROSS (not through) the map - where you cannot get around. However the other @Dignan maps you referenced seem good - thanks!

No man's land is almost exactly what I was looking for because it has ruins to hide your approach as well as jungle bush and the Thorian glyph like you mentioned. Only wish is some of the jungle bush was moved from the start zone to the bottom level. Interesting have a large "No Man's Land - larger than the valley concept but itself a great idea that I was going for of the "charge the hill" on the start zone. Also note that in order to have a narrower valley, you would need more terrain to lift up the rest of the map, either 2+ master sets or 1 master set and 2+ expansion sets.

Guerilla

No Man's Land
Old April 4th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Not exactly what you're looking for, but HoSS's Beggar's Canyon is a canyon. We ruled it as a casual map instead of competitive, though. I don't remember exactly why but I'm guessing the sides of the canyon were too powerful for range.

Edit- and I now understand what you're looking for, and it's not this, haha. Oops.
Old April 4th, 2019, 03:25 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
@BiggaBullfrog - Thanks for looking and responding. Remnant and Bardu Valley don't have what I am looking for which is not necessarily height in start zone, but rather a Vally ACROSS (not through) the map - where you cannot get around. However the other @Dignan maps you referenced seem good - thanks!

No man's land is almost exactly what I was looking for because it has ruins to hide your approach as well as jungle bush and the Thorian glyph like you mentioned. Only wish is some of the jungle bush was moved from the start zone to the bottom level. Interesting have a large "No Man's Land - larger than the valley concept but itself a great idea that I was going for of the "charge the hill" on the start zone. Also note that in order to have a narrower valley, you would need more terrain to lift up the rest of the map, either 2+ master sets or 1 master set and 2+ expansion sets.

Guerilla

No Man's Land

What's this for exactly? If No Man's Land is almost perfect, why not modify it to suit? I'm sure Dignan won't mind.

Old April 25th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

I have a map in my thread called Arroyo, it's essentially a canyon of a dried up river. I like it quite a bit, it's a symmetrical 1 RotV/1 BftU map. That's probably the only map I've made so far that qualifies as a Canyon/Valley map. Maybe I'll go conjure something up...
Old April 30th, 2019, 08:50 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My favorite two maps are called: Valor's Vale by Dignan, and River Gorge by Sir Heroscape. Not sure how to post them. I have played them both and found them to be fair and tough.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios