Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old June 17th, 2016, 12:08 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: McMeeple's Custom Building Terrain: 3 Part Mechanic Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
My son Max is only 5 months, but hearing you guys and your stories about raising a little scaper is awesome. over the years my collection has grown in both size and variety with these city designs as the latest addition. I even picked up TMNT since which kid doesn't love turtles on the have shell... turtle power!

Thanks everyone for sharing.
My strategy started when he was about 3. I just played lots of games with him, and i slowly pushed him to more sophisticated games. There are so many adult level games that kids can learn. Once I accepted that I should just focus on games at his level it became a lot more fun. I have found that he is rapidly progressing. At times he can play games with age requirements as high as 14 (Pagoda). He doesn't always get the strategy, but he is getting there, and we have a lot of fun. I have learned to love small quick games like Tsuro, Castellan, Niya, Indigo, and even King of New York. All but the last one are fast and simple games that are fun for kids and adults.
Old June 17th, 2016, 12:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I try to give all my buildings comic book appropriate names...such as my restaurant being a Big Belly Burger place.

Marvel is typically based in the real world so those are boring...

DC Universe Hospitals..

Metropolis...
Ellsworth Memorial Hospital
Metropolis General Hospital (aka Metro General)

Gotham City
Gotham Mercy General Hospital
Gotham City Medical Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old June 17th, 2016, 01:57 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I try to give all my buildings comic book appropriate names...such as my restaurant being a Big Belly Burger place.

DC Universe Hospitals..

Metropolis...

Gotham City
Good ones!

I am actually thinking I will make several fronts to the building with different names on each. This way each person can decide which theme they prefer. I am thinking:

- City Hospital (semi TMNT themed)
- Metropolis General Hospital
- Gotham Mercy General Hospital
- Sonlen Memorial Hospital (for some Heroscape love)

EDIT: just kind of depends on how the sign works out
Old June 17th, 2016, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThumbToe View Post
If you're looking for some modular tiles and don't mind paying the print cost take a look at my style of tiles http://www.heroscapers.com/community...7&postcount=15. Since then I've added little permanent tabs that can hold various light poles, stop signs, or stoplights. They fold down when storing so everything still stores flat.
Hey those look great! Are those shared anywhere?

We really need a CityScape show and tell. A gallery showing CityScape setups so we can see what all each other is doing
Old June 17th, 2016, 04:11 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Quote:

DC Universe Hospitals..

Metropolis...

Gotham City
Good ones!

I am actually thinking I will make several fronts to the building with different names on each. This way each person can decide which theme they prefer. I am thinking:

I had an idea to use thin strip magnets to change the sign of a building for a generic building that could change.

Quote:
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old June 17th, 2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Quote:

DC Universe Hospitals..

Metropolis...

Gotham City
Good ones!

I had an idea to use thin strip magnets to change the sign of a building for a generic building that could change.
Yeah, that seems like a logical idea. Only down side is that everyone has to go buy printable magnet "paper"
Old June 17th, 2016, 05:34 PM
A Man of Taste

Only if they want to change it. and I dont' use printable magnet paper. I just print it normally and glue it to a thin strip magnet.

Quote:
Old June 17th, 2016, 08:11 PM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, you can buy it in a roll. I have some, but have yet to use it on anything.
Old June 17th, 2016, 10:15 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Yeah, you can buy it in a roll. I have some, but have yet to use it on anything.
Yeah mine is in a roll. I didn't buy my roll and I don't even know where I got it from but I've used it for a lot of things.

Quote:
Old June 18th, 2016, 03:06 PM

Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker Lord-IVD knows what's in an order marker

Very sexy stuff !! I plan to make a more detailed city sometime soon ..tho I still like ruins that players figures can move through.

ALL ARE ONE
Old June 18th, 2016, 10:15 PM

Here is my latest work in progress. Another modular building. I have some more modular parts ideas I am playing with but If figured I would share my progress here to see what folks think of it. This can be printed entirely on 8.5x11 paper with no splits on any sides (meaning no multiple printouts to cover a single side)

Old June 19th, 2016, 12:06 AM

BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker

Looks great! I have a bench and flower pots that would go great in front. Have you put any thought into making access doors for on top of the buildings? You could even put a helicopter landing spot on one of the side buildings for some more character.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles