Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old March 20th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
What about Undead Resilience rather than Rejected by Death? The pirate's from the movie didn't die and come back, so much as just shrugged off damage that would otherwise have killed them.
I was picturing the scene in the attack on Port Royal where Will "kills" a pirate only to have him show back up. Something like Undead Resilience would work, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Here is a pirate custom I did I was thinking what I used for treasure map may work for the compass?

We did something similar for Indiana Jones

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 20th, 2015, 01:29 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Okay so how about this?

Heart's Desire?
At the start of the game place the Jack's Compass Treasure Glyph on this Army Card.

Jack's Compass
Permanent Treasure Glyph

This figure may add 2 to their move as long as they are unengaged prior to moving and end their move on a glyph.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 20th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Okay so how about this?

Heart's Desire?
At the start of the game place the Jack's Compass Treasure Glyph on this Army Card.

Jack's Compass
Permanent Treasure Glyph

This figure may add 2 to their move as long as they are unengaged prior to moving and end their move on a glyph.
I like it.

Old March 20th, 2015, 05:57 PM

Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker

I definitely like it too, that should be fun to play with.
Old March 21st, 2015, 03:13 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

So

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
General: Aquilla

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

Reserved Bullet Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game chose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use this attack against that hero, and may only use it once per game.

Parley
Whenever an opponent reveals an order marker for a figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Captain Jack Sparrow, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15-19, that figure's turn immediately ends. If you roll a 20, you may take temporary control of that figure's Army Card and all figures on it. Immediately take a turn with that figure's Army Card. At the end of that turn, control of that figure's Army Card returns to the player who controlled it before Parley. All Order Markers that were on that figure's card will stay on the card.

Heart's Desire

Jack's Compass
Permanent Treasure Glyph

Then if you guys want a Cortez Treasure Glyph here's a rough draft.

Treasure of CortÚs
Permanent Glyph

If a non-Undead non-Soulborg figure lands on this glyph, that figure's owner may place a cursed gold token on that figure's Army Card. If you do then all figures on that Army Card are now Undead and gain the Undead Resilience special power.

I decided a normal glyph would make more sense than a treasure glyph, because A)The chest with the treasure never moved in the movie, and B) The curse is non transferable. If it was a treasure glyph then someone else could pick up the glyph and in turn get cursed, which wash't how the curse worked in the movie.

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 21st, 2015, 05:56 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If the treasure glyph was just specifically a coin then it would work that way. Jack picked up a coin and subsequently became cursed.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is the Venoc Warlord...
in THE ORPHANAGE
Old March 22nd, 2015, 03:20 PM

Quote:
If the treasure glyph was just specifically a coin then it would work that way. Jack picked up a coin and subsequently became cursed.
But he picked the coin out from the chest. Will and Elizabeth both handled a coin someone else took and remained uncursed.

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 22nd, 2015, 06:30 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
But he picked the coin out from the chest. Will and Elizabeth both handled a coin someone else took and remained uncursed.
Well then what it comes down to is the old struggle inherent in "game not a simulation." Do we make it more complicated trying to simulate the effect perfectly yet still satisfy the rules of the game, or do we go with a more simple interpretation that works better within the framework of those same rules?

Customs here
in THE ORPHANAGE
Old March 22nd, 2015, 06:33 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Honestly

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well then what it comes down to is the old struggle inherent in "game not a simulation." Do we make it more complicated trying to simulate the effect perfectly yet still satisfy the rules of the game, or do we go with a more simple interpretation that works better within the framework of those same rules?
It's not too much more complicated and the permanent glyph way allows a squad of something to have it. That said, giving something like 4th Mass undead resilience might be a terrible idea.

~Dysole, lurking
Old March 22nd, 2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I honestly don't think making it a normal glyph is that much more complicated than the treasure glyph route. If a figure lands on the Cortez Gold glyph they basically choose to change their species and gain a power for the rest of the game.

Its strait forward, get cursed or don't. I actually think its less complicated than having to worry about other figures stealing the treasure glyph, and the curse, from one another.

Plus making the glyph stationary could lead to some fun play scenarios imo.

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 22nd, 2015, 07:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

I think a stationary glyph works well for squads, but poorly for heroes.

Old March 23rd, 2015, 08:21 PM
the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I think a stationary glyph works well for squads, but poorly for heroes.
Which is mostly my concern since heroes are the people you see in the movies as portrayed as cursed more often than not.

Customs here
in THE ORPHANAGE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum