Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old March 19th, 2015, 04:39 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Not right now, I'll just continue spectating.
Old March 19th, 2015, 04:41 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
How about having the first shot with the reserved bullet be 6 dice and then go down to 3 dice after that for the SA? This allows him to still have a ranged attack.
That could work.

Reserved Bullet Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 6 or 3.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use his Reserved Bullet on that chosen hero and roll 6 attack dice. After using this attack once, or after the chosen hero is destroyed Jack Sparrow may use his reserved Bullet on any figure and roll 3 attack dice.

The wording is of course open to change.
What I meant was more like this:

Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use his Reserved Bullet on that chosen hero. After using this attack once, or after the chosen hero is destroyed (or becomes friendly??), subtract 3 from the attack value of this special attack.

EDIT: Upon re-reading it, the two are pretty much the same thing with different wording...
Old March 19th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
Quote:
How about having the first shot with the reserved bullet be 6 dice and then go down to 3 dice after that for the SA? This allows him to still have a ranged attack.
That could work.

Range 5. Attack 6 or 3.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use his Reserved Bullet on that chosen hero and roll 6 attack dice. After using this attack once, or after the chosen hero is destroyed Jack Sparrow may use his reserved Bullet on any figure and roll 3 attack dice.

The wording is of course open to change.
What I meant was more like this:

Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack Sparrow may only use his Reserved Bullet on that chosen hero. After using this attack once, or after the chosen hero is destroyed (or becomes friendly??), subtract 3 from the attack value of this special attack.

EDIT: Upon re-reading it, the two are pretty much the same thing with different wording...
The way you've worded it the power still only works on the chosen hero even after the first shot. You would need to add that it can be used on any figure after the first shot is fired. McHotcakes' wording takes care of that.

Old March 19th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I still think we're missing the boat (pirate ship) on theme giving Jack a ranged special he can use on any turn. I'd much rather see a powerful Reserved Shot SA or special power and give Jack good melee attack stats with a Parley power that gets him out of trouble.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 19th, 2015, 05:12 PM

Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker

I'd vote for the powerful Reserved Shot too.

While the latest version is more useful it seems to fit his theme less and I thought with someone like Jack we'd focus on theme as the driving point. We go the entire first movie just waiting to see him use that shot and it winds up killing Barbosa. I honestly don't think he needs a ranged attack other than a one time use.
Old March 19th, 2015, 07:15 PM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Ok, for the sake of theme, and simplicity, let's just make the SA a one and done power

Reserved Bullet(or Shot)
Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose a unique hero an opponent controls. Jack must target the chosen hero when using Reserved Bullet Special Attack. Jack can only use Reserved Bullet Special attack once per game.

How's that sound?

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:15 PM

Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker

I think that's very fitting and I like it.
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:53 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

So, is this about where we are with Jack...er Captain Jack Sparrow?
Quote:
Captain Jack Sparrow
General?

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4

RESERVED SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 6.
At the start of the game choose an opponent's Unique Hero. Captain Jack Sparrow may only use this attack against the chosen hero and may only use this attack once per game.

PARLEY
Whenever an opponent reveals an order marker for a figure within X clear sight spaces of Captain Jack Sparrow, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13-19, that figure's turn immediately ends. If you roll a 20, you may take temporary control of that figure's Army Card and all figures on it. Immediately take a turn with that figure's Army Card. At the end of that turn, control of that figure's Army Card returns to the player who controlled it before Parley. All Order Markers that were on that figure's card will stay on the card.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old March 20th, 2015, 12:10 AM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
General?
I believe we settled on Aquilla.

Quote:
Move 6
I would say 5. 6, to me, suggest someone abnormally fast. Jack is just a normal guy.

Quote:
Defense 4
I know Confred suggested 5 to make up for his lack of a defensive ability, I'd be fine with 4 but I think we should leave it open for discussion.

Quote:
PARLEY
Whenever an opponent reveals an order marker for a figure within 5? clear sight spaces of Captain Jack Sparrow, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1315-19, that figure's turn immediately ends. If you roll a 20, you may take temporary control of that figure's Army Card and all figures on it. Immediately take a turn with that figure's Army Card. At the end of that turn, control of that figure's Army Card returns to the player who controlled it before Parley. All Order Markers that were on that figure's card will stay on the card.
I bumped up the roll to 15, due to concerns that 13 might be too easy to roll.

The only other thing I think we need to tackle is whether or not Jack's treasure compass should be an ability or its own treasure glyph.

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old March 20th, 2015, 12:20 AM

I was thinking Aquilla, but I wasn't sure. I'm fine with the adjustment to move and the change in Parley. However, with the change in the roll for Parley, 4 defense may not be enough to keep him around. 5 might be better.

IMO, the compass would work best as a glyph. It will keep Jack's card simpler. I'd like to see a Glyph of Aztec Gold, too. I could see it giving the the holder a Rejected by Death style power.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old March 20th, 2015, 02:23 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What about Undead Resilience rather than Rejected by Death? The pirate's from the movie didn't die and come back, so much as just shrugged off damage that would otherwise have killed them.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is the Venoc Warlord...
in THE ORPHANAGE
Old March 20th, 2015, 07:32 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here is a pirate custom I did I was thinking what I used for treasure map may work for the compass?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum