Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 7th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Unicorn (Design/Brainstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
It's not like Lay On Hands - Lay On Hands is less likely and tied to the other figure's turn, whereas this one is tied to the Unicorns. It may not sound like much, but gamplay wise it's a massive difference.
Whichever one your talking about lol. Ana had the "on the other guy's turn" while Rhogar had the "on Rhogar's turn".

Lay on Hands is also not a one time use power. :P
Crap! Sorry, forgot all about Rhogar - was thinking of Healing Word! Tired.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old February 7th, 2015, 10:22 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Perks of being an adult. :toast:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
It's not like Lay On Hands - Lay On Hands is less likely and tied to the other figure's turn, whereas this one is tied to the Unicorns. It may not sound like much, but gamplay wise it's a massive difference.
Whichever one your talking about lol. Ana had the "on the other guy's turn" while Rhogar had the "on Rhogar's turn".

Lay on Hands is also not a one time use power. :P
Crap! Sorry, forgot all about Rhogar - was thinking of Healing Word! Tired.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm floating on the high seas.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:07 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
We want an effective-but-not-powerful healer
But HS already has that. Multiple times.

I'd like a power that stands out, and isn't just another "remove one wound" ability.

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)
Old February 8th, 2015, 12:46 AM

Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sir Dendrik wears ripped pants of awesomeness

5 life/ 8 move/ 1 range/ 3 attack/ 3 defense

Quote:
Blood of the Unicorn
When Unicorny receives one or more wounds, immediately remove 2 wounds from all adjacent heroes. Soulborgs, constructs, undead are not affected.
That's probably enough, but this could tie things together if needed:

Quote:
Allure of the Innocent
Combat challenge renamed
It would allow for healing without OM fumbling, at the cost of an attack. Could get interesting if an opponent's hero rushes her and starts healing.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:07 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well

The thing is classical unicorn horn healing AND lay on hands are pretty dang close in functionality. They serve the exact same function in DND (although the unicorn is not DND I figured a comparison could be helpful) varying only in level of strength. While looking up something for inspiration I came across this which was kind of insightful. I don't see a unicorn healing power as a once per game thing. Really the thing we need to figure out is if we want a consistent healing power or not. What if we had something like this?

UNICORN HORN

Before moving Uni the Unicorn, you may choose one small or medium figure adjacent to Uni the Unicorn. Remove up to 2 wound markers from the chosen figure.

~Dysole, spitballing
Old February 8th, 2015, 01:20 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm not against the one time use thing because it does stand out considerably, and it's not entirely unthematic. In the best game ever a unicorn can only use its healing once and then it dies on top of that.

Spoiler Alert!

If not that, then something along the lines of consistent 2 wound healing is probably the best bet. Kelda, Sonlen and Rhogar can all heal everybody, but Ana (who also heals 2) can only heal small/medium figs. I'd go for one-time use heal small/medium figs thing for uniqueness.

On a side note for uniqueness, I made this custom a while back: Note the Circle Spell 12:
Spoiler Alert!

Area-of-effect healing is another idea that no classic Heroscape unit really uses. Any ideas on that front either? something like "once per game heal all small/medium figs adjacent to uni the unicorn"? If you want a quick hunting aspect you could make it trigger upon death too if it hasn't already been used. I'm just throwing out ideas--the point is that Uni's healing ought to be really unique, IMO.

~TAF, finally finished.
Old February 8th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
We want an effective-but-not-overpowerful healer
But HS already has that. Multiple times.

I'd like a power that stands out, and isn't just another "remove one wound" ability.
Sorry, corrected...
IMO, for now we only have almost useless healers/not efficient enough for this role (example : Sonlen). And doing a 1 use only power is going to give the same result, but perhaps it's what you want. ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 8th, 2015, 04:17 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What if the Unicorn had a remove 1 wound ability that it could use regularly and also a 1 time heal 6 wounds ability, that once used meant the Unicorn could no longer do any healing? Then you have the decision on whether to keep going with a little bit of healing or using that one big heal and using up the Unicorns biggest ability.

I envision the Unicorn using up part of its life force and being too weak to focus its healing again. Maybe even reduce its att/def by 1 after the big heal.
Old February 8th, 2015, 04:23 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

I love the idea along the lines suggested by Serenity. Very reliable low level healing vs. the chance for one big heal ... but that would drain the well, so to speak.
This would set up the strategic stressors that seem highly coveted by many for most great customs. Myself included. I think if properly done, having a strategic dilemma would serve well the goal of 3CV approval (of which I have no say ... but I love the VC results!).
Old February 8th, 2015, 05:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
A thought

Unicorn

(Specifics Brick)

6 Life
7 Mv
1 Rg
4 Atk
3 Def

Horn of Light
Instead of attacking, remove all wounds from an adjacent figure and put them on this army card.
Regenerate
Heals by 1 after each turn.
Legendary Creature 2
+2 Def versus squad figures.

130 points

The idea is that he can restore his allies, while harming his own life force. While you can fully restore Charos, it will likely kill the pony. Healing by 1 or 2 won't be as substantial because the horse can regenerate itself anyways. He also can last a bit better as a cleanup unit because he can heal nominal wounds away. I also dropped his Move and Legendary Creature values to keep him more in line with a wild stallion and as a support unit, where as Asterios is clearly meant for the front lines. Even if the unicorn gets involved with the fight, he can last against squaddies.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 8th, 2015, 05:59 PM

Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker Shiftrex knows what's in an order marker

I like this rendition.

The flavor seems appropriate though I am almost wanting the "medium/small figure" clause to still be in the healing statement. The idea is balanced and would seem to be in line with a lot of the ideas that are being thrown around.

The only reason I would want the clause is for the sake of flavor/lore in the classical sense but Heroscape departs from classical lore and is its' own entity much of the time so I don't have a problem with it ^^
Old February 8th, 2015, 06:04 PM
I could go

I can get that sentiment, Shiftrex. The above was just a thought. I forget if it was brought up already or not, but I don't think so yet lol

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards