Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old January 25th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: GreyOwl's SHC - 1/24 Nomad (Crysis)

I'm just not sure whether they should be "equipment" glyphs, since they aren't actually equipment, or some other type of glyph.
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

What about removing the part about rerolling dice and increasing Nomad's attack to 6? This would eliminate some of the wording.
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:53 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Well again, removing the rerolling would remove anything unique about Nomad and thus make it difficult to create any more soldiers wearing Nanosuits. It's the only part unique to each one's personality.

Increasing his attack would make Maximum Strength too powerful.
Old November 4th, 2014, 11:48 AM

Over ten months since I've touched this thread. And I'm still not happy with Nomad. I may have to rework him soon.
Old November 17th, 2014, 01:23 PM

I think I'm going to dip my toe back into customizing by revisiting my existing customs. I'm currently in the process of updating wording, abilities, and artwork. Working through the "A"s currently. I'll post them when I'm done.

Also, I've been enjoying playing the C3G customs so much lately, I really see no reason to create customs of cards they've done, unless I really really want an alternate version of a character that theirs doesn't cover. So even though I have a long wishlist of customs to make, I likely won't be making any new ones that C3G has done. I will, however, maintain and update (if needed) ones I've already made, regardless of whether C3G has made them or not. I kind of want to focus on building out and creating better synergies for some subfactions I have. My first one will be Serpent Society. There are a lot of members, I've already done several of them, and it seems to be an area that C3G hasn't touched upon much at all. And although my goal is to have full C3G compatibility of my cards (since my kids and I usually play a mix of both), I can't make the promise that they will be 100% compatible, simply because I'm not up to date on their 600+ cards. But if anyone notices a glaring incompatibility, please don't hesitate to let me know!
Old November 17th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Whoa. First I see @Sherman Davies posting new super customs and now Grey Owl is coming in too. What's in the air today because guess what, Old Man Helm is posting a few drafts sometime today. I love it especially since GO and SD were my biggest inspirations.

I also love that you are making customs for C3G. With C3G established as the main replacement for official Marvel, I love the idea of having the great GO making compatible customs for the game that is now accepted as "Marvelscape".

Bring 'em on, GO!

If I add any feedback, which you won't need from an amateur like me, I'll try and remember the universe your customs now fit into.
Old November 18th, 2014, 01:26 AM

I seriously doubt anyone in their right mind would call you an "amateur"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I also love that you are making customs for C3G. With C3G established as the main replacement for official Marvel, I love the idea of having the great GO making compatible customs for the game that is now accepted as "Marvelscape".
Exactly, that's kind of how I felt. Why reinvent the wheel? The C3G stuff is way better playtested anyway, and my goal isn't to try and "compete" with them. I think my time is best spent filling in gaps they haven't done (yet), and the occasional alternate versions of characters they have done, if they're significantly different enough. I have a huge list of stuff that doesn't overlap with what they've done, so I think it'll keep me busy for a while.
Old November 18th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I seriously doubt anyone in their right mind would call you an "amateur"!
Well, as far as I'm aware he's not getting paid for it, so yeah, he's an amateur. ;p

Also, welcome back to customs, GreyOwl!

Last edited by MegaSilver; November 18th, 2014 at 01:31 AM. Reason: I guess we're all amateurs in one way or another! lol
Old November 18th, 2014, 01:31 AM

He totally gets paid via massive amounts of respect
Old November 18th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Matt Helm sighting! Nice! I just saw a season two episode of The Sopranos where they referenced you by name!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 18th, 2014, 10:35 AM

So I'm just thinking out loud here...for the Serpent Society, I'm thinking of some synergies based on Personality and Class. Similar to what the FF4 (C3G) does, though not quite as "tightly knit", since they aren't as organized or competent. I'm thinking of making most/all of them the Mercenary class, and building the synergies off that. There will be two leaders (Sidewinder and Viper) that provides some sort bonding for Mercenaries, but I need to work out some method of preventing someone from using both at once and getting way too much bonding out of it - thematically representing the fact that only one is the leader at a time. I'm open to suggestions for this.

I checked the awesome sortable C3G Index, and none of their Mercenaries offer bonding, which is great, because I don't have to worry about creating an overpowered bonding chain or anything. I don't foresee any big heavy hitters in this subfaction, and would like to keep them all below 240 points, if not lower. I think 120-240 is a good range, with most them being near the middle of that range.

As a side note, I'm also planning out an interesting Atlantean faction, which is cross-publisher (Marvel: Sub-Mariner, DC: Aquaman, perhaps some Indy, etc.). Their synergies will almost for sure be based off the species Atlantean. I'm considering using Warlord Krang as kind of a bridge between the Atlantean and Serpent Society factions, by making him an Atlantean Mercenary, and having him be able to function as part of either group.
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:42 AM

One idea for the multiple leader thing was to give them both the same bonding power, name it something like "SERPENT SOCIETY LEADER" and word it along the lines of "If no figure you control has used the Serpent Society Leader this round, then before taking a turn with "X", you may first take a turn with..."

Another option is to have the power say something like "At the start of the round, after placing order markers, if none of your figures have Serpent Society markers on their cards, you may place up to 2 Serpent Society markers on any Mercenary Heroes you control. Before taking a turn with "X", you may first take a turn with any figure with a Serpent Society marker on its card. After taking the turn with that figure, remove the Serpent Society token from its card." Therefore, even if you use both leaders together, it won't let you bond with an increasing number of figures. You could technically be swapping who the leader is each round, but that's okay, as they'd still never be acting as the leader simultaneously.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations