Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 1st, 2007, 11:42 AM

1/2ltfightr has disabled reputation
Any further word from WOTC or Hasbro?

1/2ltfightr and ltfightr are a married couple. We have used ltfightr for 11 years. We have always shared that but for some reason she will not share scape and what does she mean her EOV she found 12-15-06 are hers not ours! ....!
Old February 1st, 2007, 11:02 PM

Augray is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2ltfightr
Any further word from WOTC or Hasbro?
Taking some time could be a good thing. Maybe WOTC is checking this one out.
Old February 1st, 2007, 11:28 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
THIS JUST IN
I, (or rather we), have been waiting for this one for quite some time and here's the verdict! Official rule,... here we come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTC - 02/01/07
Subject
4th Massachusetts Line and Airborne Elite

Discussion Thread
Response (Trevor K.) 02/01/2007 12:11 PM
Hey there "dnutt"! I did get word back from Craig on this one, and here's the lowdown. Some special powers refer to figures that "you control". Figures that you control are figures that are in your army (either permanent or temporary) and are on the battlefield. Once a figure is destroyed, or before a figure is placed onto the battlefield, it is still part of your army, BUT is not considered a figure that you control. However, if that figure were placed onto the battlefield at a later point, it would now be considered a figure that you control.

So in this situation, Group A is correct as the Airborne Elite is not yet under the control of the player, and would not count as such for this purpose. I hope that clears things up. Have fun and good gaming!

We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

Trevor.
Customer Service Representative
Wizards of the Coast
1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
Response (Support Agent) 01/19/2007 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTC - 01/16/07
"dnutt",

Hey man, we are still discussing this situation and awaiting more responses from Mr. VanNess. I will send you an answer once it has been hammered out.

Good Gaming!

We would appreciate your feedback on the service we are providing you. Please click here to fill out a short questionnaire.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

Zephreum.
Customer Service Representative
Wizards of the Coast
1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
Customer (Darryl Nutting) 01/16/2007 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original E-mail
The community at HeroScapers.com has decided to seek clarification on a matter regarding the 4th Massachusetts Line and the Airborne Elite.

Background Info:
Airborne Elite
The Drop
Airborne Elite do not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of each round, before you place Order Markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher you may place all 4 Airborne Elite figures on any empty spaces. You cannot place them adjacent to each other or other figures, or on glyphs.

4th Massachusetts Line
Valiant Army Defense Bonus
If every Army Card you control has a valiant personality, each soldier in the 4th Massachusetts Line receives 1 additional defense die.

From the heroscape.com FAQ section
If my non-Valiant figures are destroyed, and only Valiant figures are left on the battlefield, can the 4th Massachusetts Line use their Valiant Army Defense Bonus?
Yes.

The question at hand is this.
If you have an army consisting of ALL valiant units EXCEPT for the Airborne Elite, do the 4th Massachusetts Line receive the Valiant Army Defense Bonus if the Airborne Elite have not "dropped" yet.

GROUP A
This group believes that the 4th Massachusetts DO receive the Valiant Army Defense Bonus. The Airborne Elite Card IS NOT an "Army card you control" until they have "dropped" onto the board. An "Army card you control" means tactical "control" of the card, allowing you to place order markers, move, and attack. Before the Airborne Elite "drop", there are only valiant units on the board that you control allowing for the Valiant Army Defense Bonus.

GROUP B
This group believes that the 4th Massachusetts DO NOT receive the Valiant Army Defense Bonus. The Airborne Elite Card IS an "Army Card you control" until its figures are destroyed. Having an "Army Card you control" means all cards belonging to YOUR army, (excluding cards belonging to a team mate's friendly army). Though the Airborne Elite have not "dropped" they are still part of your army and have not been destroyed.

While we would appreciate input concerning this matter, please forward this question to Craig & Rob for a ruling on this issue, and notify us of their reply. We look forward to the Heroscape.com FAQ being updated to reflect the designers' resolution of this matter.
Thank you in advance for your help in this matter and we at HeroScapers.com look forward to your response.
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old February 1st, 2007, 11:31 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
works for me...

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:27 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Yay! :banana:

Thanks, Dnutt!
Awesome! That's a great response!

I'm so glad they are deferring these judgments to the designers,
and letting us know that Craig is answering these questions.

Good job, Trevor!

Thanks WoTC
Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:50 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Good job WOTC!!! I was in group A btw!! :P I have a type A personality.... NOT

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old February 2nd, 2007, 01:40 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Feels good to be on the winning side for a change.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 01:52 AM
has been BANNED

Homba is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm glad we're back on track getting proper answers.

Get ready for the 4th Mass + AE to be in high style for a while. A significant boost for this combo. Both powerful units in their own right, they now have a strange synergy.

Also an interesting turn for HS ability interpretation. The door that was closed by the KMS ruling is open again. Easier now to claim a new interpretation of a standard phrase. That will make for some lively discussion in the future.

H
Old February 2nd, 2007, 08:54 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
Valiant for Now and Finally Valiant.

Go get 'em 4th Mass

:banana:
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:24 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sometimes it pains me to be right all the time.
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:28 AM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
Thanx for your effort dnutt99!
Old February 2nd, 2007, 11:39 AM

QBakies has disabled reputation
I have to say that I'm a bit surprised by the ruling but at least it's official from the designer so I'll take it.

Thanks Dnutt for doing the legwork here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's