Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 28th, 2010, 06:52 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Board Games that Wives enjoy

My collection is still rather small but in order of most liked this is what my wife enjoys:

1. Dominion - Its an extremely rare occasion for my wife to turn this one down. She actually calls it "her" game.

2. Last Night on Earth - It takes a bit more to talk her into this and its mostly because of the time it can take to set up and play. My storage cases have helped a bunch with that though. For some reason I can never get her to play the Heroes though.

3. Carcassone - This is an easy one to get her to play since its easy to setup and quick to play. My wife even mentioned how she has missed this game since my parents had it for the past couple months.

4. Heroscape - Usually the best time to get her to play is a few weeks before a tournament.She enjoys playing but not as much as I do. I can usually talk her into a few practice games though while twotongues and I are preparing for a tourney.

5. Pandemic - This doesnt get played nearly as much as the others but its one my wife enjoys. Its nice to play a co-op once in a while.

6. Summoner Wars - This is way at the bottom of the list. The only time she'll play this is if we've already played a few other games. Shes gotta be dwarves every time though.

So far the only game my wife has truly not enjoyed was Irondale. We tried it once and she straight up refuses to even try it a second time. I honestly dont know why she hates it that much.

My wife has also played Descent a couple times with MM but its not a game she would ask to play.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:24 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

I'm not married, but I have been dating my girlfriend for six years, and we've been living together for two years. I figured that might hold some sort of relevance as to being a part of a lengthy relationship. Anyhow, here is my list.

Games my girlfriend loves to play:
1. Heroscape
2. Zombies!!!
3. Last Night on Earth
4. Othello
5. Battle Ball
6. Mutant Chronicles (the '90s version)
7. Taboo
8. Zombie Town
9. Clue
10. Monopoly

Games my girlfriend doesn't mind playing occasionally:
1. Axis & Allies
2. Doom
3. Risk 2210 A.D.
4. Stratego
5. Chess
6. Cranium
7. Apples to Apples
8. Mad Gab

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:56 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

My wife likes...

Settlers of Catan
Small World
Manhattan
Mystery of the Abbey
Blockus Trigon
Dominion

Games she will play...

Last Night on Earth
Bootleggers
Carcassone
The Adventurers
Pandemic
Forbidden Island

Games she wont play

Heroscape
Summoner Wars
Anything with too many rules or fighting
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:04 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmmm... Personal experience here

Enjoys - The on where she wins

Thinks is O.K. - The one where the kids win

Hates - The one where I win

Old September 28th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

My (soon-to-be) wife enjoys Scrabble, Boggle, Upwards, and Bejeweled.

Old September 28th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
My (soon-to-be) wife enjoys Scrabble, Boggle, Upwards, and Bejeweled.
Ah yes Scrabble and Boggle. That brings back lots of memories when my wife and I first got married. We used to play those all the time.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 28th, 2010, 10:14 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
In our house, Dune (80s Board game, based on the book/movie) is a big hit, but you are indeed right about Axis and Allies as a buzz kill.

Strip Heroscape is becoming less of a possibility and more of a reality in the Filthy household as well. Much cheaper than marriage counseling, too.
I'm hesitant to post what my wife likes and dislikes after the public beating I got from Mrs CRC in the 'Army for the Wfie' thread, but I know she likes Settlers of Catan, Sequence, Brisk Bizz (an Aussie Monopoly variant, and a better game), Heroscape, & Summoner Wars.

I introduced her to Carcassonne last night and she loves that too.

The wife and I have teed up a game of Strip Summoner Wars: one of your cards leaves the board, you take an item off, put a card on the board, you put an item of clothing back on again.

Rowr!

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old September 29th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

the wife likes

micropul
farkle
settlers
conquest of the fallen lands

does not like
fighting or back stabbing games - so she likes carcassonne as a race game ,but not when I trya nd steal her cities or roads.

yea, it is tough finding a good game we both like

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old September 29th, 2010, 09:43 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

My wife doesn't mind playing Khet with me.

She likes playing Yahtzee.

She loves Killer Bunnies.

She has said she would be willing to play HS but I haven't called her bluff... yet
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:24 AM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
the wife likes

micropul
farkle
settlers
conquest of the fallen lands

does not like
fighting or back stabbing games - so she likes carcassonne as a race game ,but not when I trya nd steal her cities or roads.

yea, it is tough finding a good game we both like
My wife LOVES Carcassonne Hunters and Gathers. However, she is the same way. If I try to steal her hunting grounds, she gets P.Od'.

If I ever come in contact with Filthy the Clown or Capn'RedChops, I must always remember to never play Heroscape or Summoner Wars with them.

Or just wear layers.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:28 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnRedChops View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
In our house, Dune (80s Board game, based on the book/movie) is a big hit, but you are indeed right about Axis and Allies as a buzz kill.

Strip Heroscape is becoming less of a possibility and more of a reality in the Filthy household as well. Much cheaper than marriage counseling, too.
I'm hesitant to post what my wife likes and dislikes after the public beating I got from Mrs CRC in the 'Army for the Wfie' thread, but I know she likes Settlers of Catan, Sequence, Brisk Bizz (an Aussie Monopoly variant, and a better game), Heroscape, & Summoner Wars.

I introduced her to Carcassonne last night and she loves that too.

The wife and I have teed up a game of Strip Summoner Wars: one of your cards leaves the board, you take an item off, put a card on the board, you put an item of clothing back on again.

Rowr!

CRC

Old September 29th, 2010, 10:39 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post

Of who...

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games