Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old September 28th, 2010, 08:32 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker
Re: Proud father and coach

A six year old playing his 4th year, wow. When you start them that early they have the potential to be really good. What you're going want to avoid is overdoing it. We only have a couple of youth sports programs, but every year somebody who's played the game since they where yay high decides to quit during their freshman year of highschool because they don't like it anymore. Try to instill a love of the game but don't push too hard. Sometimes unexpected things lead to other opportunities. My mom drove soccer on me really hard. One year I decided I wasn't go to play and later that year I picked up wrestling. I worked hard and managed to do really well there instead.

Probably going way to off in the future, but some parents get carried away in youth athletics when that has the chance to lay a strong foundation for your child. Anyways enjoy your sons accomplishments and your coaching work.
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I had to throw my son out of a game last season. He was having major attitude and throwing a tantrum.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:35 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ha! Been there. As little as a scratch the size of one oh his arm hairs.
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I never was allowed to play sports when I was his age, so by the time high school came along, I was way behind in skill level. He has also played 2 seasons of basketball. I want him to try football and baseball(tball) too. He has also been swimming on his own since 2 yrs old. I want to expose him to lots of different activities so as he gets older he has plenty to choose from as to what he likes and doesn't like. I am trying my best to give him a good balance of sports and education so he has many more options with life than I did.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old September 30th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Scenariographer

Well, he's getting better and trying harder. We had a great practice today. For some reason one of my boys didn't show so we were one short for scrimmage, so I played. We had fun and my son got a goal in practice. We were on opposing teams and I tried to run him down, but he got too big a break on me. I mostly dribbled and passed to give the boys a look at teamwork. I'm really tired now waiting on the previews. (You try being 40 running with a bunch of 6 yr olds)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and encouragement. It is truly not easy being a single father, but I try my best and my son tells me I do a good job.

Old September 30th, 2010, 02:12 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
It's 2 days later and I'm still smiling about it.
I know how you feel. I'm the very proud daddy of an 11y/o and another that just hit 16 months (both boys). Trust me, friend, the best is yet to come!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:29 PM
Scenariographer

We had our last game today. Lilman played his heart out, but he woke up with a cold yesterday. At the end of the game, the grandparents of one of my players gave the boys a winner medal and then had the boys put a soccer medallion around my neck. They also gave me a card signed by the parents and kids. One of my best days ever. Some of the kids will be playing basketball in Dec. and the parents will be requesting me as their kids coach. This is one of the best feelings I have had in a long time.

This is the 2010 Orange Crush!

Old October 18th, 2010, 12:09 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
We had our last game today. Lilman played his heart out, but he woke up with a cold yesterday. At the end of the game, the grandparents of one of my players gave the boys a winner medal and then had the boys put a soccer medallion around my neck. They also gave me a card signed by the parents and kids. One of my best days ever. Some of the kids will be playing basketball in Dec. and the parents will be requesting me as their kids coach. This is one of the best feelings I have had in a long time.

This is the 2010 Orange Crush!
They look like real champs, xraine! You must be a great coach and an even greater father!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Scenariographer

Thanks. It's just my 3rd year coaching. Not really great at the skills teaching, but I have fun with the kids and they seem to really enjoy it and have fun.

Old October 18th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just saw this. Very cool.

Congratulations on such a wonderful moment.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General